Adam: "Hiro, you son of a..."

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam: "Hiro, you son of a..."

Now that was funny.

So he was "dead" until he got more air right? so that was his last memory before going under the dirt?
    I think Adam is Petes Great Grandfather!

Comment

Originally posted by LOONEY
      So he was "dead" until he got more air right? so that was his last memory before going under the dirt?
      That's how I see it too. He was basically in an inactive/dormant state until returned to an environment which supported life. His special blood probably kept him "preserved" in a sense.

Comment

The comic showed that he died over and over and over again. I think he was just in a "dead" state when Hiro first opened the coffin. Adam being angry with Hiro has nothing to do with the fact that Hiro was his last memory before going in the dirt, lol. Hiro buried him alive, it makes total sense that the first thing he wants to do is put Hiro in a chokehold and call him names. In fact, I don't think Hiro and Ando thought this through clear enough because Adam is most likely going to try and kill Hiro!

Comment

Originally posted by RedPhoenix23
          The comic showed that he died over and over and over again. I think he was just in a "dead" state when Hiro first opened the coffin.
          Maybe so but personally I don't think this cycle could have gone on forever either way. Without air/food/water/energy he can't keep coming back for a few seconds of more consciousness forever and ever and ever. Unless the special blood he produces can act as a self-sustaining energy source as well? A replacement for air and water too? If that's the case then neither he nor Claire should ever experience hunger or thirst, or even need to breathe. In the comic Adam says he died "more times than he could count", and that he wasn't sure how much time had passed. It's my belief that such a cycle wouldn't persist forever, that eventually he'd just stay dead (or in a death-like state) until returned to an environment which supports life. I'd say that what the show did last night supports this idea to a degree, as he regained consciousness only after being exposed to air again. It could have been just part of the "cycle" yes, but if they really wanted us to think that or push that concept to the audience then they really should have shown him already awake with his arms immediately outstretched to strangle Hiro as soon he saw his face. lol

Anyway we've been debating this since last season here:
          It's the end of Volume Two, "Generations" - and it may even be the end of the season! Talk about the December 3 episode of Heroes here!
          Last edited by Xanderman; 10-07-2008, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LOONEY
            I think Adam is Petes Great Grandfather!
            No, the comics showed that he will wake up every time he dies and then die again from no air.

So he has been underground suffocating every 7 minutes until the coffin was opened.

He had alot of time to get pissed off at hiro.

----- Added 47 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Xanderman
            Maybe so but personally I don't think this cycle could have gone on forever either way. Without air/food/water/energy he can't keep coming back for a few seconds of more consciousness forever and ever and ever. Unless the special blood he produces can act as a self-sustaining energy source as well? A replacement for air and water too? If that's the case then neither he nor Claire should ever experience hunger or thirst, or even need to breathe. In the comic Adam says he died "more times than he could count", and that he wasn't sure how much time had passed. It's my belief that such a cycle wouldn't persist forever, that eventually he'd just stay dead (or in a death-like state) until returned to an environment which supports life. I'd say that what the show did last night supports this idea to a degree, as he regained consciousness only after being exposed to air again. It could have been just part of the "cycle" yes, but if they really wanted us to think that or push that concept to the audience then they really should have shown him already awake with his arms immediately outstretched to strangle Hiro as soon he saw his face. lol

http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/sh...=82952&page=11
            Bah, it is an unending enzyme in the brain. not blood.
            Last edited by Yoshua; 10-07-2008, 01:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Honestly... SOOOO excited for Adams return! I mean.. he isnt even half as cool as Sylar.. but.. i totally loved him from the beginning.. he is an awesome character and makes sh*t interesting.. so... yay... welcome back Adam!

Comment

Hilarious!!!I don't like Adam but,that quote made me like him a little bit more

Comment

one word of advice: you can't truly explain science-fiction/comic biology and physics. It can only go so far before it becomes incoherent because it isn't real! So essentially, we just need to suspend our disbelief at a certain point and enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by j-kent
                    one word of advice: you can't truly explain science-fiction/comic biology and physics. It can only go so far before it becomes incoherent because it isn't real! So essentially, we just need to suspend our disbelief at a certain point and enjoy!
                    Any kind of good fiction establishes a set of self-applicable rules. Whether its completely realistic and uses our own rules or a fantasy novel where wizards can blow up castles with their mind. When no rules whatsoever exist, or writers change the rules randomly, suspension of disbelief is wounded, if not destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninth Doctor
                      Any kind of good fiction establishes a set of self-applicable rules. Whether its completely realistic and uses our own rules or a fantasy novel where wizards can blow up castles with their mind. When no rules whatsoever exist, or writers change the rules randomly, suspension of disbelief is wounded, if not destroyed.
                      Yes, but what they're talking about and what I am pertaining to is trivial and fastidious. For the most part Heroes and alot other sci-fi do have foundation for this. But an hour long show you get what you get. Nothing gets destroyed if its enjoyable.

Comment

Blah, Blah, Blah.

Simplest explaination is true: dramatic effect. If Adam wasn't in a "dead state" while being dub up then he no doubt would have been banging on the coffin like a madman and screaming and any audience members who aren't "in the know" of who Adam is and what happened in season two would have been all WTF???? So instead, it's easier to just put Adam/Kensei into a dead state and save the big BOO! (and laugh. well, at least for me, lol *snatches Hiro in a chokehold* "Hiro! You son of a B!!" *roll credits* gets me everytime yo!) until the last possible second. It just "plays" better that way. So enjoy it! And don't overthink it too much. Save that for the stupid stuff.... like Maya/Mo.

Originally posted by Lex'sLover
                        Honestly... SOOOO excited for Adams return! I mean.. he isnt even half as cool as Sylar.. but.. i totally loved him from the beginning.. he is an awesome character and makes sh*t interesting.. so... yay... welcome back Adam!
                        I'm excited too!!! YAY!!!!

Originally posted by j-kent
                        Preach on.

Comment

it reminded me like in season 1 when claire was on the outtapse table and she says holy ****! it was so cool!!

Comment

Athena--some of us, like Ninth and myself (who have debated in that thread I mentioned) enjoy "over thinking" as you seem to see it.

What j-kent said was just stating the obvious. We all know that, it's not something that needs to be preached. Some viewers, as Ninth mentioned, like shows/movies to stay true to the rules which they themselves establish for their universe, to stay consistent with themselves, etc. If they try to make certain things logical and make sense to a degree (with explanations etc), as Heroes and most good sci-fi tries to do, but then at other times seemingly throw logic and reason to the wind, ignore or alter things to fit whatever story/plot point they're trying to do next, that's a problem for viewers like us. That's just poor story writing, and they deserve to be called on it.
                            Last edited by Xanderman; 10-09-2008, 12:55 PM.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing. Could he die from strvation or dose his Specail DNA keep him alive so that he dose'nt need food. Either way it would suck because your mind will make you think you need food. In your mind you would still get hungry. No wonder he wanted to kick Hiro butt. He's been buried there for almost a year now I think. I watch the second season 2 months ago. I know the show ended before 2008 which mean he been in there for nearly a year. Hiro obivouslly had no intentions on coming back.
                              Last edited by kp1984; 10-10-2008, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎