No announcement yet.

The Explosion?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Explosion?

So Sylar blew up just like a nuclear bomb and Claire and Peter both survived.

Which is pretty damn stupid.

They said that everything within a 4 miles radius was leveled and destroyed which means that the explosion would need to be close to 15 megatons.

Now if Peter and Claire are at point blank range then they would both be exposed to a heat pulse of several million degrees F. which is more then enough to totally vaporize a human being.

Now for a genetic based healing factor to work one would need genetics left, and being being vaporized makes that pretty damn impossible.

Add to that early Claire told Peter see could kill him with a bullet to the brain and it gets worse, because a bullet in your brain will kill him BUT having your brain vaporized is total survivable.

WTF?

Here's another:
    Did Sylar even get that power in season 1?
    How can a bullet kill Peter if he has Claire's power, and Claire can't die?
    Hasn't Peter had Sylar's power all along?

Comment

Sylar did have the power is S1 - remember him playing with it on the roof 'BOOM'?

A bullet won't kill Peter or Claire but it will prevent them from healing if hit in the proper spot in the head. I'm not quite sure how Future Peter died because after the Haitian left he should have healed unless his body was already dead when the Haitian left.

Peter might have had Sylar's power all along, but he didn't know how to use it and therefore never accessed it. Sylar showed him how to use it and that clicked the switch on.

Not sure how they survived the explosion either. I would have thought Peter would have teleported out of there. Hopefully they will explain it some more. Because even with a healing factor for Peter and Claire, their clothes don't heal and they would have been shredded.

Comment

I'm gonna throw my two cents here...

Canon already shows us they (the people who have the ability to heal) can survive a point blank nuclear blast. Remember Peter did actually do nuclear in S2. He survived perfectly fine, although his clothes were all burnt. So you got to figure if Peter can survive being the bomb, he can survive being near the bomb. Claire was also capable of being around a Nuclear Man when she helped bring Ted down in S1.

True, the heat and blast should have vaporized them. But we don't know the exact extent of the healing ability. The bomb could very well have started the vaporization process, but their powers could have been constantly healing them allowing them to withstand the blast.

Comment

Originally posted by MrZeppo

Canon already shows us they (the people who have the ability to heal) can survive a point blank nuclear blast. Remember Peter did actually do nuclear in S2. He survived perfectly fine, although his clothes were all burnt. So you got to figure if Peter can survive being the bomb, he can survive being near the bomb. Claire was also capable of being around a Nuclear Man when she helped bring Ted down in S1.
          Ah good point. Forgot about that part Thanks for the refresh

Comment

Originally posted by MrZeppo

True, the heat and blast should have vaporized them. But we don't know the exact extent of the healing ability. The bomb could very well have started the vaporization process, but their powers could have been constantly healing them allowing them to withstand the blast.
            Naw, They would have been vaporized in a fraction of a second and like a said being vaporized means your genetic structure was broken down to it's based components, meaning they no longer had genetics need for a genetic based healing factor to work.

I think it is more likey the writers have no clue as to what they are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMonarch909
              Naw, They would have been vaporized in a fraction of a second and like a said being vaporized means your genetic structure was broken down to it's based components, meaning they no longer had genetics need for a genetic based healing factor to work.

I think it is more likey the writers have no clue as to what they are doing.
              I agree, it is stupid. Still, never mind...

Comment

Well Daphne didn't survive the blast. So either Claire's and Peter's powers are more developed or have faster reactions than Daphne's, or the writers just needed a way to kill off Daphne.

Basically the necessary characters have to survive one way or another, you know?

Same way the Haitian didn't just go up to Sylar with a gun, stop Sylar's powers, and kill him. The story would just end and we'd have no more Heroes. =)

Comment

Originally posted by Cites
                  Well Daphne didn't survive the blast. So either Claire's and Peter's powers are more developed or have faster reactions than Daphne's, or the writers just needed a way to kill off Daphne.

Basically the necessary characters have to survive one way or another, you know?

Same way the Haitian didn't just go up to Sylar with a gun, stop Sylar's powers, and kill him. The story would just end and we'd have no more Heroes. =)

totally agreed....... just enjoy the show, no more question.

Comment

heres how the healing power works from my understanding claire and peter can die like everyone else but they heal from any major wound except getting something lodged in there head and stay there lets just say if there was a knife in peters head he would stay dead until its removed that or decapitation is probably the only way they can die... so maybe they were rapidly healing during the explosion

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMonarch909
                      So Sylar blew up just like a nuclear bomb and Claire and Peter both survived.

Which is pretty damn stupid.

They said that everything within a 4 miles radius was leveled and destroyed which means that the explosion would need to be close to 15 megatons.

Now if Peter and Claire are at point blank range then they would both be exposed to a heat pulse of several million degrees F. which is more then enough to totally vaporize a human being.

Now for a genetic based healing factor to work one would need genetics left, and being being vaporized makes that pretty damn impossible.

Add to that early Claire told Peter see could kill him with a bullet to the brain and it gets worse, because a bullet in your brain will kill him BUT having your brain vaporized is total survivable.

WTF?
                      Well we really don't know the extent of how they survived the blast. Maybe Peter froze time/teleported both Clarie and him away. Maybe their healing powers can withstand a nuclear blast. (Think Wolverine and Phoenix in "X-Men: The Last Stand".)

Its already been shown that having a fatal wound by a foreign object (like a piece of wood to the head) can kill them, and have them remain dead, until the object is removed. Leave the bullet, he stays dead. But I do get your comparison to the bullet and nuclear blast. (But its just a TV show and you don't have all the facts anyways.)

Originally posted by REebee52
                      Here's another:
                      Did Sylar even get that power in season 1?
                      How can a bullet kill Peter if he has Claire's power, and Claire can't die?
                      Hasn't Peter had Sylar's power all along?
                      1. Yes, Sylar killed Ted and got his nulear power.
                      2. Umm... do you remember Claire almost being raped and "died" from the piece of wood in her dead? A fatal wound by a foreign object kills them, and keeps them dead, until its removed. (if its removed)
                      3. Yes, Peter has had Sylar's power since he first meant him, but that doesn't mean he knew how to use/activate it. Which Sylar showed him how to in that episode.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎