No announcement yet.

Mohinder turned in to a roach?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mohinder turned in to a roach?

The weird screeching sounds being heard during the interaction between past Peter and future Mo sounded exactly like those of a hissing cockroach.

Not to mention in the butterfly effect he was able to crawl up the walls.

That is just my 2 cents.

-peace

There was also a roach that crawled on the table when they showed the voice recorder I think

Comment

He seemed to have scales and made a hissing/rattle sound. It was almost snake like. He's CobraCommander...GO! JOE!

Comment

Yeah, roaches are some kind of symbol in Heroes, so he most likely turned into one.

Comment

I thought he sounded like a fly.But,a roach would be cool.If Maya is pregnant(best way to keep her in a story where she doesn't belong).She will have alot baby roaches with ugly black eyes...GROSS!!!
          Last edited by Sweetie; 10-07-2008, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Yeh I forgot about his hand, it did look like scales. Guess we have to wait and see!! Either way it is tooo nasty!

Comment

Hes turning into a cockroach because he himself aspires to perfection and he sees cockroaches as that perfection

Comment

That is super nasty dude

Comment

Reminded me of the movie The Fly with Jeff Goldblum. He could start calling himself Mohinderfly.

Comment

I think he is shedding scales, like a lizard. I think he said something about a lizard when he concocted his formula.

Comment

I also thought he was a fly or a spider, but a cockroach makes perfect sense in terms of the show, because in the pilot Suresh made a comment about them being the pinnacle of evolution, and I'm pretty sure that the very first shot in the pilot was a cockroach and they have popped up as symbolic scenery several times in the episodes in the first series.

Comment

It may turn out that he is a halfhuman/half-roach, but I heard a snakes rattle. When he slams his fists on the table you hear a rattle.

Comment

Maybe I'm just a whimp but I think that was one of the scariest scenes in Heroes so far. I was afraid that he'd take off his hood, then I wondered if he did how horrifying he'd look and how scary the make-up department could make him look in a show like this.

Thankfully, it didn't come to that, but it would've been kinda cool to see just what he turned into, if not to stop all the speculating.

Comment

poor mohinder!

he wanted the ability, yet he got it with great price.

he now is not a fully human being anymore.

if he turns into a cockroach, that is very much disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by warriorrenegade
                              It may turn out that he is a halfhuman/half-roach, but I heard a snakes rattle. When he slams his fists on the table you hear a rattle.
                              All the hissing and rattling sounds you hear with his scenes are sounds from insects and has nothing to do with snakes. The main sound I hear is hissing of a cockroach.

He is becoming insect-like, not strictly cockroach-like. His strength, speed, agility, senses, wall-climbing, webbing, molting, are all tributes to insects.

Think of Bug Boy from "Smallville. Its more general.

The primary usage of cockroaches (with the hissing sounds and the actually showing of the insect) is for symbolism.

Cockroaches since the beginning were a symbol use on the series (many times) to show a "perfect form" of evolution, and its like poetic irony for Mohinder to be changing into something like them, since he was the one that mention how "perfect" they are.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎