Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the writers screw themselves with Peter?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the writers screw themselves with Peter?

Whenever Peter was manipulated in the past , I always wrote it off that he was gullable. When he would 'forget' about one of his powers, I always assumed that he didn't fully understand them all.

Here's the thing, he now has Gabriel's power, which is to know how things work. That means for the run of the show, as long as the present Peter Petrelli lives, he will be able to see people's motivations (I didn't know this was part of the power, but he did it with Nathan last night) and he will understand all his power.

One, it seems like he is unbelievable powerful now, and it seems like the writers need to pay attention.

What do you think?

I agree to point. The best you can do with this show is to just enjoy it for what it is and not think to much into it all the time. The fact that we have people who can time travel is in itself a problem. I mean in the first season, all they had to do is time travel back to when Sylar was born and kill him, thus ending the threat from him. If you watched last nights episode it was nice to see that they did not ignore Peters gifts. He used that Flame power from that guy in the bank and ran superfast just after meeting the speedster.

Comment

I think Peter was only to see Nathan's "motivations" because Peter was using Matt's mind power. Peter with knowing how to use Sylar's ability should be able to use Matt's mind thing to it's maximinum potential.

Comment

I agree, I also feel that peter should have been able to STOP THEM ALL at the house and he didn't. He was powerful enough. Its his fault that tragedy happened. I can understand sylar not using his while the boy was alive, but.... Peter should use more TK like sylar does.

And if peter could teleport after he was contained.. WHY CANT FUTURE PETER revive????

Comment

Originally posted by the highlander
          And if peter could teleport after he was contained.. WHY CANT FUTURE PETER revive????
          As far as I could tell, Future Peter died because he was near the Haitian, so his healing power was nullified. Present Peter was smart enough (or he just did it without realising why it was such a good idea) to knock the guy out while running away, so he was able to teleport or whatever to get away.

Later when Nathan told everyone to leave him with Peter, the Haitian left the room too so Peter was able to teleport away.

Comment

What I don't get is why Peter didn't just freeze time when they arrived at 'Sylar's' house, or when he was about to blow up.

Comment

^If he froze time when Sylar was about to blow up, what was he going to do, take him somewhere else to go nuclear? Either way, Sylar still would have blown up. Although he definitely should have frozen time at the beginning of that whole deal (even though Daphne still wouldn't have been frozen).

Comment

i think sylar's exploding power with strong anger is too powerful, he can't freeze time.

or he even didn't get this single thought about freezing time to stop this tragedy.

remember, peter doesn't know clearly how to control and use those abilities he absorbed from others.

so just enjoy the show, ignore all holes.

Comment

I disagree that tragedy was all Peter's fault. Perhaps he could have prevented it, but he was also getting knocked in the face by Daphne nonstop. Maybe that was preventing him from using his power? Maybe the writers didn't want him to stop it so that Sylar could blow up. I'm not sure, but I'm not ready to blame it on him. I'm upset that Claire has paired up with Knox... it's their fault the boy died. And Claire blamed it on him that Costa Verde blew up!! They were the one that busted in and threatened and then KILLED Noah and pissed off Sylar And. I don't get why Daphne, a mother herself who is now with Matt (who is supposed to be a good person), would be on the side of the bad guys who would kill a little boy. /shrug

The whole show seems to be going in strange directions. But i'm still hooked! I just like happy endings.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎