Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter is the new Sylar?! this is not good!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter is the new Sylar?! this is not good!!

This season is getting more exciting than ever, it's all happening now, Peter got Sylar's power of hunger, how is he going to get rid of it? And explain to me why future Claire hates him that much? This is... getting confusing! AHH

I'm not sure I'm buying the whole "Peter has Sylar's hunger" bit. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Sylar's "hunger" come from a desire for more power? Peter doesn't need that, he can develop abilities just by being near the person. All Sylar's power should do is help Peter understand how to use those abilities quicker than he normally does.

Comment

Well, last episode Sylar quoted saying there's a side of him that makes him wants to do these things and that he cannot stop it. So he "subconsciously" wants to devour more and more power, that part should be "hunger"? Like if I'm hungry I want more food not because I desire it but it's my digestive system sending signals to the brain to alert me my stomach is hungry so I have to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by faz
        I'm not sure I'm buying the whole "Peter has Sylar's hunger" bit. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Sylar's "hunger" come from a desire for more power? Peter doesn't need that, he can develop abilities just by being near the person. All Sylar's power should do is help Peter understand how to use those abilities quicker than he normally does.
        I wondered about this as well. Why did Peter even want Sylar's ability? Is there another aspect to Sylar's ability that Peter desires that I'm overlooking?

Is it Sylar's ability that allows him to understand how to develop the powers he acquires or his intellect? Peter just seems to allow his emotions to overwhelm him rather tham rationalizing how an ability can be developed.

Comment

It's his desire just to see how other people's abilities work. So even though Peter can absorb the abilities maybe he still might chop people's scalp's off to inspect them like Sylar (which I find unlikely).

I'd much rather them team up than have their roles switch and Sylar try and help Peter who is going crazy.

Comment

Wut about HRG? Sylar can't just abandon him

Comment

Peter wanted Sylar's power because Sylar has the ability to understand how things work. But the hunger was a side effect from having that power. The thirst for knowing how all things in this little planet and universe work. That kind of sums it up for me, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Dezdmona
                I wondered about this as well. Why did Peter even want Sylar's ability? Is there another aspect to Sylar's ability that Peter desires that I'm overlooking?
                Since Sylar's ability allowed him to see and understand how things work, Peter wanted it to see how things in the past would affect the future so he could hopefully prevent it. But the hunger thing just doesn't make sense to me. If you can already absorb others abilities without killing them, why kill them? Even Sylar left Claire alive in the beginning of the season. Partially that was because he said he couldn't kill her, but the way he said it made it seem like even if he could have killed her he wouldn't have if he didn't have to to take her power.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander III
                  This season is getting more exciting than ever, it's all happening now, Peter got Sylar's power of hunger, how is he going to get rid of it? And explain to me why future Claire hates him that much? This is... getting confusing! AHH
                  I bet that the hate Claire feels for Future Peter have to do with her dad. Maybe Future Peter had to do something with his dead? So far we haven't seen Noah in the future.

Comment

I don't understand why Peter went murderous either. Peter doesn't need to kill peeps to absorb their ability. So if he feels a "hunger" for more powers, all he has to do is go hang out with more peeps with abilities to get sated. Plus, technically, didn't Peter already have Sylar's ability anyways? All he needed to do was sit down and figure out how to use it - which is something Peter should freaking do anyways with every new power he gains.

I think Claire mostly just wanted to stop the Future Peter because Future Peter was seen as a villian - Future Peter's words. Since Future Peter mettled with our Present Peter, Claire also saw him as a threat and decided that he needed to be stopped as well because with a Past Peter running around alive with the knowledge that he has, that could change everything in their reality and undo her killing Future Peter.

Comment

I think that it is like a drug thing more than anything. Peter can absorb other people abilities but he can't notice, until the situation needs it and suddenly he realize he has that power. With Sylar's ability , I guess that he can "feel" how the power is fulling his body or something.
                      i don't know, that's the only explanation I can come with.

Comment

This is a bit messed up.. and I can see what they are trying to do... but.. Milo is really going to have to step up his game if he wants to be anything compared to Zachary. I can see this but.. whether or not its going to work.. I'm not sure. And honestly. I dont know how I feel about this whole situation. At first I was dead set against it.. but I like Sylar with his son.. but I dont want Sylar to suddenly be goody goody either. Why can't there at least be a balance? Why does it have to be one or they other? as for Peter being evil.. I dont mind that. It would be cool to see the ultimate do gooder go evil.. kind of like darth vader.

Comment

Peter already had Nathan's ability. It's not what he wanted when he began to open up his brother's head. He said he needed to understand him.

Apparently, absolute power yields absolute corruption, and absolute understand yields an absolute desire for more and more knowledge.

Comment

the hunger isn't a drive for more powers. its a thirst for knowledge. for understanding. it has nothing to do with powers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lex'sLover
                              At first I was dead set against it.. but I like Sylar with his son.. but I dont want Sylar to suddenly be goody goody either.
                              Well, in the future he said that it was a struggle of every day even every hour to remain "normal". Again the reference to an addiction.
                              But agree that it'd be interesting to see a good becoming villian thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎