Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Kal-El get to Brazil and back so quick?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I accept that you, as a viewer, didn't know where Brazil was. I mean, it's definitely something to be worrying about, but that's your problem.

What I can't yet accept was that last season it was mentioned that one of the Phantoms was in Iguazu Falls, Patagonia, Argentina. Come on producers! A little bit of research wouldn't harm you... Iguazu Falls are way up north, between Argentina and Brazil, in the Mesopotamia area.

Comment

well just to point something out, no matter what movement Clark is doing he can do it at nearly the speed of light, and theoretically even if he went 1/4 of that speed he'd vanish to the human eye. This means he can walk, run, and SWIM at superspeeds also, so he could've swam in any area's that were large bodeis of water.

I guaratnee Clark can jump/leap a good few miles, so he could probably jump from island to island if they were within distance, do a bit of speed running/swimming, no matter how you look at it given his abilities Clark could go around the world and back in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by Yasise
        Yes of course he ran - should be no problem at all for Clark.

But what bothers me the most is, that I believe Tess wanted to test Clark, wether he would be able to get the antidote or not.

As soon as she mentioned Brazil, I immediatly thought "Clark, that might be a trap!"

O.k. we didn't saw or hear anything about that in this episode, but I would almost bet that we get to hear about something in that direction in one of the next episodes.

What do you think?
        I agree. I think that she was testing Clark. I think that we haven't seen the last of her tests.

Comment

Sea Turtles mate.

Seriously tho, superspeed. Would have been nice to show his shirt got dirty from the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by ZODisGOD
            I thought Brazil was in Africa.
            And I thought I was bad at Geography!!

Buy yourself a map!

Comment

Originally posted by stenochick
              You must be American.

Seriously, I'm laughing with you, not at you. I wanted to be better at geography, so I always keep a map handy and whenever I hear about a country or region on the news, I look it up on a map. It has helped me a lot.

I was going to ask the same question. Not as an insult but if you ever watch Leno and the tonight show and the questions he asks, well you know what I'm talking about.

What I found interesting is that it took him less time ( it seemed) to get to Brazil than it did to get to Tess when she was in danger.

Anyone else notice that we only saw Clark super-speed once in this episode?
              Last edited by Ilovebeinglost; 10-04-2008, 08:21 AM.

Comment

I rewatched the episode and Tess tells him that the antidote is in Campo Grande, Brazil, so she pinpoints it to a city. I believe Clark could use his powers to find the facility in one city in Brazil in time to get it to Ollie.

Comment

Originally posted by optinox
                  I think Tess will catch on about Clark fairly early this season, i also think she knows more about Clark than what we all think. She was concerned when she found out it was Ollie, but when she told Clark the antidote was in Brazil and she'd never be able to make it back in time, it seemed she knew Clark would get it. She knows there's more to Clark, maybe from what Lex or his partners have told her, or from things she's looked into that circulates around Clark Kent. She's been suspicious of Clark ever since she asked him about the whereabouts of Lex.

Second once she calls to find out the antidote is gone, it'll be obvious that it was Clark that took it since she only told him where it was. If she find out somehow, she'll want Clark to be part of her team...BTW i don't watch battle star galactica, but i recently watched one episode, gotta say there CGI and special effects are good for a series, jsut thinking if they smallville could get talent like that, then seeing doomsday as the beast that he truly is in the comics could be done, though for something like that they'd have to do it right and not cheap looking....fans would be more upset if they tried something and butchered it, when they can take the time and effort and really make something amazing for the fans. And not just for doomsday but for other effects as well, i think the new writers are actually listening to what the fans want and are trying to give us what we want.

Just for Continuity sake, Ollie was lost for 2 years, his hair stayed short, beard never grew, and the fact that a rich kid like that and no-one could find him...it's things like these that suck, with the scenes they showed Ollie could've wore a hair piece for beard and longer hair, something so simple that would've made it more believable. And why did Clark have to go to Brazil, why not get leaches, wouldn't of that been much quicker?
                  I really hope they show Tess in the Clark obsession room in the mansion.

Comment

OMG!!!!
                    Brazil in Africa? ....hahaha

"Buy yourself a map!" ....I agree!

Brazil is in South America !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ZODisGOD
                      I thought only Impulse can superspeed on water.
                      Clark can superspeed on water if he wanted too. The only reason Clark didn't back when he first chased Bart was that he didn't know he could. You don't have to travel at a real high speed to run across water. In the comics Superman is only a step or two slower than Flash.

Comment

Yep. In this car fanatic gearhead show produced by the BBC called Top Gear they showed people in Greenland I believe who raced a car/truck (don't remember exactly) and a snowmobile ACROSS a lake!!!!! The snowmobile won! Not to mention the water walking insects and frogs. If a frog can do it, Clark can.

I think Clark was also surprised by Bart; up to that point he hadn't seen anybody who could best him.

I'd laugh at the lack of geography knowledge if I weren't crying at the state of education in the U.S. We have turned into tests are us instead of actually learning.

And xrayvision: great idea but wasn't the Clark obsession room dismantled?

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHoundito
                          I accept that you, as a viewer, didn't know where Brazil was. I mean, it's definitely something to be worrying about, but that's your problem.

What I can't yet accept was that last season it was mentioned that one of the Phantoms was in Iguazu Falls, Patagonia, Argentina. Come on producers! A little bit of research wouldn't harm you... Iguazu Falls are way up north, between Argentina and Brazil, in the Mesopotamia area.
                          Here's where I ask a question instead of looking up disambiguation on Wikipedia - Mesopotamia in South America and not Iraq?

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin
                            Clark can superspeed on water if he wanted too. The only reason Clark didn't back when he first chased Bart was that he didn't know he could. You don't have to travel at a real high speed to run across water. In the comics Superman is only a step or two slower than Flash.
                            Yup, he can. There are lizards who can run on water and they dont have superspeed Besides, I think there's dry land from USA all the way to Brazil.

----- Added 34 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by migo
                            Here's where I ask a question instead of looking up disambiguation on Wikipedia - Mesopotamia in South America and not Iraq?
                            That's obviously a mistake.
                            Last edited by Tacitus; 10-05-2008, 04:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHoundito
                              Iraq is between Argentina and Brazil?

Comment

Mesopotamia means land surrounded by rivers. There are only two mesopotamias en the world. One is in Iraq, between the Tigris and the Eufrates. The other one is in Argentina, between the Paraná, the Iguazú and the Uruguay river. That's were the Iguazú Falls are.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎