No announcement yet.

Chloe.....possessive?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kraami
    I think it has to do with the fact she is letting go and ytold him things might change... yet he seems more distant and she is trying to prod him for info to see if he does like her. she is prolly feeling like ok clark im getting married and he pretty much said ok cool things won't be the same ok i dont care go for you chloe.... She maybe having second thoughts and wants clark to stand up and say something anything.

well this is the problem with clark he always does this except for the episode devoted * blah * anyway he tells chloe we are more than friends , then hugs her and says jimmy will make her happy and her happiness is very important to him ,then he says don't worry about anything else ! talk about mixed messages !

he has said we are more than friends more than once the truth is chloe and clark are almost like a couple...they just don't have sex but everything else is there . plus they do things that not all couples do ? they trust eachother and they would literally die for eachother ... literally , too many people are cowards today even when it comes to there spouse or there loved ones.

chloe and clark's relationship is the stuff of legend , like romeo and juliet probably because they willnever be together the way they should .
    Last edited by dimeo782002; 10-03-2008, 06:54 AM. Reason: stupid key board buttons stick

Comment

I felt weird about this scene too. I didn't like that they were making Chloe look so jealous. But I think they were showing that it's tough for her to let go of Clark. And she's used to Clark and her working together and spending all of their time together. She said so herself she wasn't ready for their relationship to change and it is changing.

I also think it came down to her still be a little sad that all of her dreams will never come true and she see's that Lois might very well have her dreams and that hurts.

Chloe in this ep once again really showed me she really doesn't want to marry Jimmy. But feels like she has to to truely get over Clark.

Comment

Now...you all know I love chloe, but what was she thinking at the party?? She was either jealous....or just being rude. First she makes a comment about Lois and Clark being attached at the hip....and implying things. Then her line "you two spend more time together then me and jimmy...and we're engaged." Sorry Chloe...but I think that says more about your relationship with your fiance then it does about Clark.

Then she says Clark has been getting close to Tess....and "dont tell me her long waving hair and green eyes have nothing to do with that."

I dont know...I kind of cringed at Chloe tonight....for a girl in the previous episode who decided things would change after you got married, you were pretty possessive of clark. Accusing him of being attracted to every woman he talks to.

Well, she can't cuddle him all the time, and the fact is, he is a male who can be as easily distracted by Tess' viles as any other earthy males!
        And yes, he and Lois have been spending a lot of time together, as they very well should since they are partners, so Chloe's remark was spot on!
        Also, Clark was attending the party because of his work, and it was only logical he would take Lois which he didn't do, and that had Chloe probably puzzled, thus resaulting in her remark that Clark and Lois usually do these kind of things together!
        Last edited by umm; 10-04-2008, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Well I haven't seen the episode yet but going off of description, no matter how nice or harsh her remarks sounded, I think it all has to do with a couple things.

One of which being that Chloe is going through alot of change now. She's getting engaged, changing her career goals, has all these new unexplained powers, etc. For some, change is scary, especially when there is alot of it and the scariness of it all is probably kinda putting her a bit on edge.

The other thing probably does have to do with jealousy. She has been a journalist for so long and she pushed Clark to be part of that with her. He did for a while but lost interest and they didn't revisit the issue since. Now she loses her dream, has to switch careers all because an evil Lex Luthor fired her because of her involvement with Clark and now suddenly, Clark strikes up an interest in journalism again and he is sharing his experience as a reporter with someone else, Lois Lane of all people. You can't tell me that that wouldn't sting you a bit. And now, not only is her relationship suppost to change with Clark because of her oncoming marriage but now, it's already changing because of his relationship with Lois. She isn't even ready to start thinking about it changing, and now it seems that it already is! Another understandable jab to the heart!

The last thing on my list is the most obvious attack from Brainiac! She is most likely starting to change because of it. From interviews, we hear that she is suppost to be somewhat darker this season and we will gradually start noticing her changing so I guess this will be one of the many anvils thrown our way that the change is taking affect!

Comment

[Mod Edit]
            Last edited by STFanatic; 10-04-2008, 09:20 AM. Reason: Violation of KryptonSite Rule #10

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine316
              [Mod Edit]
              Friendly.....we are keeping this friendly.
              Last edited by STFanatic; 10-04-2008, 09:21 AM.

Comment

I'm glad to see some emotion from Chloe. I think it would be weird if she didn't react to this change at all. I mean, journalism and Clark were her passion for so long, and now Lois seemingly is getting both.

Comment

OK, I just rewatched the scene. Aside from making an honest observation, I think Chloe just couldn't resist teasing Clark about how much time he's spending with Lois, given that Lois and Clark both think that they go together like "hot fudge and halibut".

The line about, Chloe being the one to correct Clark's typos, I think that was meant to show that Chloe is slowly getting used to letting go of the ol' apron strings when it comes to Clark.

It won't make sense for Chloe to be possessive at this point, because when she was arguing with Clark at Isis, Chloe said that Clark should stop feeling guilty for what happened to her, because she chooses to see her present abilities as a gift and Clark should let her use it as she sees fit. The scene gave me the overall feeling that she's trying to establish a life and make decisions in a way that's not so heavily dependent on Clark

This all fits the the info given by AM in her TV guide interview

. I think she has come into her own in a way that she never has before. I think she's starting to understand what she wants separate and aside from Clark, and she is building her own relationship with herself and her own life, and proactively going after all of that instead of just running around and doing whatever she thinks Clark needs She's grown into her own woman.
                  So yeah, to recap, I think Chloe's dialog at the Ace of Clubs was mainly meant to tease Clark and to establish that Chloe is starting to live her own life with her own set of priorities separate from Clark's needs

Comment

Originally posted by ShelbyKent
                    OK, I just rewatched the scene. Aside from making an honest observation, I think Chloe just couldn't resist teasing Clark about how much time he's spending with Lois, given that Lois and Clark both think that they go together like "hot fudge and halibut".

The line about, Chloe being the one to correct Clark's typos, I think that was meant to show that Chloe is slowly getting used to letting go of the ol' apron strings when it comes to Clark.

It won't make sense for Chloe to be possessive at this point, because when she was arguing with Clark at Isis, Chloe said that Clark should stop feeling guilty for what happened to her, because she chooses to see her present abilities as a gift and Clark should let her use it as she sees fit. The scene gave me the overall feeling that she's trying to establish a life and make decisions in a way that's not so heavily dependent on Clark

This all fits the the infor given by AM in her TV guide interview

So yeah, to recap, I think Chloe's dialog at the Ace of Clubs was mainly meant to tease Clark and to establish that Chloe is starting to live her own life with her own set of priorities separate from Clark's needs

I agree...except it seems she's always contradicting herself. I dont know if it was just bad writing in the episode.

But the scene you talk about Chloe telling clark she wants to see her new powers as a gift I was very excited...and rooting her on. She does need to have her own life.

But then...not two scenes later we see Chloe telling Davis what a burden her abilities are because her reception looks more like a complex algorithm...then a seating chart.

So which is it? Is she just choosing to keep clark out of the loop....and maybe thats her way of letting him go a bit?

I just couldnt understand that one moment she's saying things will have to change...and as soon as they do, she seems upset. It makes no sense to me...

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Actually...you know what, I think I just answered my own question!
                    She knows things will have to change, but she isnt happy about them. Ok....so it does make sense!

I still think she needs to tone it down a bit with clark..or she's going to lose him entirely.
                    Last edited by AndiGirl; 10-03-2008, 10:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by AndiGirl

But then...not two scenes later we see Chloe telling Davis what a burden her abilities are because her reception looks more like a complex algorithm...then a seating chart.

So which is it? Is she just choosing to keep clark out of the loop....and maybe thats her way of letting him go a bit?

I just couldnt understand that one moment she's saying things will have to change...and as soon as they do, she seems upset. It makes no sense to me...
                      I think she's excited about the prospect of having new priorities, having a new job, being able to help the meteor infected, being engaged to Jimmy and planning her own wedding. So many nice normal things to look forward to, things that are HER priorities and not Clark's.

When it comes to her powers, though, I think Chloe's excited about things that she's able to accomplish with them, but she's also doesn't want to delve too much on the origins of her powers.

So it has nothing to do with Clark, I think. Its has more to do with her inner struggle to recognize that there's something very EVOL inside her. I mean, who wants to admit that there's an EVOL alien entity inside their brain?

Again in AM's TV guide interview:
                      VGuide.com: How quickly will Chloe become suspicious of Mr. Bloome (aka Doomsday)? How soon will she suspect that something is....
                      Mack: Amiss? That would mean she would have to recognize that there was something negative about her

Comment

I love the direction Chloe is going- at first it's starting subtle like her comments at the party, and her attitude towards Clark knowing about Brainiac's influence.

People that are confused or sad about Chloe's behaviour, it's only going to get worse as the season progresses- I think Chloe's time is running out.

Comment

She doesn't even need to be subtle. After so many years, and everything she's seen and knows about Clark, and been there for him even when RedK Kal says mighty rude things to her, she holds unconditional love for him. Why not corner the alien and have it out with him? Tell him she loves him, no questions about it, and get some kind of honest reaction about he feels towards her. As Clark took Chloe to the prom way back when he tells Jonathon, "...I think I have feelings for Chloe."

(and no, I pray her time is not running out....!!!!!)

Then they can all get back to the business of saving the world from abandoned pets that are damned pissed about not being fed, walked, or getting any screen time. (Shelby, we love you, too!)

Comment

I didn't like Chloe at all in Toxic. She was a hypocrite. She had no problem having Brainiac's logic when she complained about the consequences of Lana having Clark's powers in Wrath. I hope Clark gets to the bottom of Brainiac's presence in Chloe because it would be very reckless to not do anything about it. He knows all about Brainiac and how dangerous he is & what he could do if his demands are not met (like he did with the virus in vessel after Clark didn't release Zod or how he put Lana in a coma & tricked Kara to go with him because of what happened in Veritas).

Comment

I don't think Chloe is a hypocrite ! She was concerned about lana getting hurt because she knew what having clarks powers did to clarks father . Chloe cares more for others than herself and she knows she has these ability from brainiac but does not know how to get rid of it . so in the mean time until something happends or clark finds a way to help her , she is looking at it as a gift . and i have no doubt in my heart , that clark will do whats right ! now that he knows chloe is infected by brainiac he will try to help her ... he always does . will chloe die when they try to separate them ??? that i don't know ? but chloe being a hypocrite i don't agree with so thats just my opinion .

I see her trying to deal with something in a mature manner , being there is nothing that can be done about it at this point ! what is she supposed to freak out cry and flip around on the floor screaming " somebody kill me i have been infected by brainiac ??? "

no the fortress is disabled and unless there is a kryptonian doctor on hand i doubt even clark knows what to do for now except worry. so chloe is taking the let's take it day by day routine . thats all most of us humans can do.

I admit she was a little pissy at the fundraiser but , alot of things are changing in her life, and her relationship with clark since she got engageed is one of them . it also would not make any sense if she did not miss being a reporter a little . so that makes sense and clark has had his fair share of pissy moments with chloe .. anyone remember hydro ? " you knew lana was pregnant ?" he literally grabbed her arm . friends have these moments and one is not better than the other. chloe had a pisy moment just like any other character on smallville , right along with millions of people in the world .

Comment

Originally posted by dimeo782002
                                I don't think Chloe is a hypocrite ! She was concerned about lana getting hurt because she knew what having clarks powers did to clarks father . Chloe cares more for others than herself and she knows she has these ability from brainiac but does not know how to get rid of it . so in the mean time until something happends or clark finds a way to help her , she is looking at it as a gift . and i have no doubt in my heart , that clark will do whats right ! now that he knows chloe is infected by brainiac he will try to help her ... he always does . will chloe die when they try to separate them ??? that i don't know ? but chloe being a hypocrite i don't agree with so thats just my opinion .

I see her trying to deal with something in a mature manner , being there is nothing that can be done about it at this point ! what is she supposed to freak out cry and flip around on the floor screaming " somebody kill me i have been infected by brainiac ??? "

no the fortress is disabled and unless there is a kryptonian doctor on hand i doubt even clark knows what to do for now except worry. so chloe is taking the let's take it day by day routine . thats all most of us humans can do.

I admit she was a little pissy at the fundraiser but , alot of things are changing in her life, and her relationship with clark since she got engageed is one of them . it also would not make any sense if she did not miss being a reporter a little . so that makes sense and clark has had his fair share of pissy moments with chloe .. anyone remember hydro ? " you knew lana was pregnant ?" he literally grabbed her arm . friends have these moments and one is not better than the other. chloe had a pisy moment just like any other character on smallville , right along with millions of people in the world .
                                I agree.

Great post!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎