i have to be honest......great job cloning...can I get one of
    http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpap...i_larter_8.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyolsenblues
      i have to be honest......great job cloning...can I get one of
      http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpap...i_larter_8.jpg

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by STFanatic
      Perhaps it is a power that Dr. Zimmerman (another Star Trek reference, Dr. Lewis Zimmerman is the creator of the Emergency Medical Hologram, or EMH on Voyager) has, to create duplicates of people.
      Yeah I kind of figured that it was a Star Trek reference too . Maybe he will start exploring holographic technology .
      Last edited by Vergon6; 09-30-2008, 03:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I hope it's not clones. That was like the stupidest storyline ever on Smallville.... and random...

but maybe Mommy Sanders/Strauss had 3 + babies, like 10 or something (ouch) and then she couldn't take care of them all, so she had Dr. Z give a bunch of them for adoption. I would like that better than clones.

They would just have to cover what powers the parental units had

Comment

Doc Zimmerman said "I created you".

So some type of natural birth was not implied.

Comment

I reckon that they were an early example of cloning, whereby genetic material from a donor is implanted into an ova which has had its own genetic material removed. Normally this is a very unreliable process, but because either the kids or the donor were "super" the success rate was far higher than normal. Maybe Zimmerman knew how special the kids were, maybe not, but he could very easily have had the eggs implanted in women seeking IVF treatment without them knowing, and sat back to watch the results.

Each of the "Larters" (good name eh?) has a different power. Jessica is super strong, Nikki was able to absorb her sister into herself upon death when J was killed by their abusive father.

Unfortunately this kind of falls down when you remember that version of her that was at the club where DL came to get her and then got shot. Maybe she genuinely was another personality created by Niki due to the stress of having to deal with she hulk for a sister.

But if so that is the first time it happened.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Also when Tracy first went to Zimmerman's door, he called her "Baba" I think? this would presumably be either another copy or maybe the original donor? her mother?

Just as long as its not Mrs Petrelli, I'm getting really annoyed with her being the mother of all superpowered people.
            Last edited by bobsuncorp; 10-03-2008, 04:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Well, it could be worse. Maya could have been the one that has multiples of herself everywhere. Plus, it makes it interesting to think which "clone"/"petri baby" (whatever) who looks like Niki that Ma Petrelli saw in her vision.

Comment

Originally posted by RedPhoenix23
                Well, it could be worse. Maya could have been the one that has multiples of herself everywhere. Plus, it makes it interesting to think which "clone"/"petri baby" (whatever) who looks like Niki that Ma Petrelli saw in her vision.
                I'm praying that it's none of the three, but Jessica taking over Barbara or Tracy. Last ep Tracy went down to Nikki levels of uninteresting.

Comment

I don't see how Jessica could take over Barbara or Tracy. They made it pretty clear in season two that Niki was just crazy and had an honest to god personality disorder that likely got worse as her power started to manifest. A mom with the ability to accidently crush every bone in her son's body when she gives him a hug, has got to be a very stressfull thing indeed. Do I like the whole "oh, Niki's just crazy" rewrite in S2? No. But that's what happened.

Comment

They retconned Jessica once, they can do it again.

Bob was right- Nikki was crazy, but Jessica was not the crazy part.

It could work.

Maybe?

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎