Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surely Bett should have joined the JL?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

She's a murderer, so it was either Belle Reeve or jail.

Comment

She Doesn't Belong

No way would the Justice League ever take her in. Not only is she a criminal/killer, but she would also be useless. Her powers suck. What would she contribute to the JL? All she would be able to do, would be blowing people up. There's nothing heroic about that. Put her in Mercer's new villain group and put her against the weakest JL member. Put her against the Black Canary, the "fight" would suck; but that is the only person in the JL that she would be believable against. Obviously, she would be no match for Clark or anyone else in the Justice League. Mercer can have her in the villain group, she is not worthy of being a member of the Justice League.
      Last edited by angelcervantes74; 09-30-2008, 03:28 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

^
        Oliver doesn't actually have any powers, he can just shoot an arrow real good!
        He would be toast if he went up against Bett.
        Bett could have her uses, she could burn holes in security fences etc.

I know petty crime isn't quite the same as wasting someone but Impulse joined the JL despite his time as a street thief.

Either way I think it would have been so much more believable if they had offered to send her to stay with the JL and she had run away then been caught by Tess rather than them giving her to the authorities.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkbunny
          ...Either way I think it would have been so much more believable if they had offered to send her to stay with the JL...
          So, you want the Justice League to lock every superpowered criminal away in their own facilities? That wouldn't make them much better than Lex.

Comment

^You're right, being a "street thief" is not the same as being a murderer. Impulse is actually useful though, which was shown in "Justice" when he was stealing the files from Lex. There's nothing more to Betty, she blows people up; that's it. Oliver doesn't have any powers, that's true. Still, he has unlimited resources. Technically Bruce Wayne doesn't have any powers either. Does that mean Betty would also just blow him up?

Comment

you guys aren't thinking outside the box. Yes Bett can blow sh*t up but it would have it's uses for instance breaking into secret facilities etc.
              She obviously will be of some use as Tess has recruited her for her own evil league.

Oh and MrMagic I wasn't saying that the JL should lock her up, I meant that they would work with her to join the team. It wouldn't really matter that she had been sent to them 'cos ultimately she would run away before she ever got to them.

The way things are now it is kind of Clark & Chloe's fault that she turns evil 'cos they offered to help her but didn't which allowed her to fall back into Tess' hands. If Tess had run away of her own accord whilst on the way to the JL it would be her own fault if Tess then caught it. Admittedly, she still had a choice when Tess propositioned her but she wouldn't have been in that situation if Clark & Chloe had helped her.

Comment

The way things are now it is kind of Clark & Chloe's fault that she turns evil 'cos they offered to help her but didn't which allowed her to fall back into Tess' hands. If Tess had run away of her own accord whilst on the way to the JL it would be her own fault if Tess then caught it. Admittedly, she still had a choice when Tess propositioned her but she wouldn't have been in that situation if Clark & Chloe had helped her.
                Uh, hello? She is not a hero. She cannot join the JL. She killed a man. She tried to kill Tess. She tried to kill Chloe. She is a MURDERER. She is a VILLAIN.

This is like saying the Joker should join the JL.

Comment

She was a scared and mixed up young adult - everyone deserves a second chance.
                  Nobody had ever offered to help her and she had been locked up by Lex for 3 years being experimented on, who could blame her for having a warped sense of morality. She just did what she did to try and survive.

Clarke and Chloe should have done more to help her and sending her to the JL would have been good rehabilitation.

Of course she is destined to be a villain so they could have had her run away before she made it to the JL - then she would be the one that got away rather than the one Clark & Chloe practically handed to Tess on a plate.
                  Last edited by clarkbunny; 10-01-2008, 02:12 PM.

Comment

She murdered someone. It wasn't even remotely self-defence, it was out of revenge. She even smiled when she killed him. Yes, of course she deserves a second chance, after years and decades of therapy*.

*in an asylum
                    Last edited by Mr.Magic; 10-01-2008, 06:22 PM.

Comment

I agree with Mr.Magic, Bette cold blood rebel without a cause killed that poor guy!

Comment

I don't agree here. Belle Reve has been the only place that has helped the freaks live in a safe environment where they don't hurt anyone. This was the right place for them. The problem lies in the security at Belle Reve, because people like Lex and Tess (with money) can stroll in and take them and that makes it an unsafe place. But literally there is no other place for the freaks who have lost control, which Bette fits into that description.

Bette being a murderer has no place with the JL. It is too much responsibility for the JL to take down 33.1 sites and train a murderer to not be a murderer. That is just too much to ask.

And lastly, if Bette did chose (wrongly) to go with Tess, the JL members could still save her from Tess later.

And it's not just about protecting Bette, it's also about protecting those that Bette can hurt, such as all of the victims of the Bus incident.

I mean, you can't expect Clark or Chloe to take her in and train her to do right. They have their own life to live.

Comment

Originally posted by Minela
                          She is a killer. I mean, she litteraly killed a guy and smirked. Even though I felt for her, she commited a crime and had to be punished. Point blank.
                          Oh.My.God.

I totally forgot about that fact. You are so very right and I am so utterly embarrassed. How could I have forgotten about that? *slaps herself on the forehead*

She's already evil to be turned good by the JLA. So yeah, I'm guessing she has to be punished.

Comment

Originally posted by FlashInSV
                            I mean, obviously, Plastique's future is to turn bad (in DC comics) but Smallville has not been worried about contradictions of the sort up till now (Maybe it's the fact that they're working with DC comics this year.)
                            Actually, in the comics, she reforms and joins Captain Atom's Justice League. So, if she had reformed (or does, if DC does a 20th anniversary mini or something, next year) and joined the League, it would actually line up with the source material.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎