Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All superheroes are not formed from k-rock!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All superheroes are not formed from k-rock!

I thought we had outgrown the 'meteor freak' of the week parade. To assume that plastique is a meteor freak is taking away from the mythology of the dc universe. To their credit, neither Impulse or Aquaman fall in this catergorie.

I don't think that they were assuming that she got her powers from meteor rock exposure, but they did that so she could react with Chloe even more.

Making her a meteor freak did seem redundant, but overall I liked how her character was handled. She wasn't handled as sloppily as Black Canary was...

Comment

I don't remember them saying she was a meteor freak. They said, and so did she, that the kid she killed was a MF.

Comment

YES! Thank you!

Meteor freaks are so season 1.

I want to see more Meta-humans.

NO MORE FREAK OF THE WEEK EPISODES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And whether Bette really was a freak or not, the episode was definitely a FOTW episode.
        Last edited by yoxodo; 09-25-2008, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by unfocused
          I don't remember them saying she was a meteor freak. They said, and so did she, that the kid she killed was a MF.
          I think that she said that she was exposed to the meteor freaks too. And the way that Chloe spoke to her about the Black Creek facility in Montana, it made me think of her more as a meteor freak too.

I'm assuming Lex found her using Tobias' ability (the guy from Freak) to detect that she was a meteor freak and that's how Tess kept her record. Then they took her to the facility in Montana to do experiments on her, but she escaped and then she lived on the streets and then tonight's episode happened.

Comment

i don't mind a FOTW epi once in a while...especialy when it's a non mythos epi...it alows Clark to shine without going too deep into a B story...you can explain away the vilans power with a quick rock reference... Meta Humans and Meteor Infected Humans are just part of the Smallville Universe...they are bound to pop up from time to time...

having said that, there is no need to make an established DC character a FOTW...though, as stated, we don't know for shure if she is or not...but what is realy the difference between a FOTW and MHOTW episode (if the Meta Human is a vilan)?
            Last edited by cksidekick; 09-25-2008, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cksidekick
              but what is realy the difference between a FOTW and MHOTW episode (if the Meta Human is a vilan)?
              I don't know, but good question.

Comment

Originally posted by unfocused
                1: she was held in 33.1
                2: she admitted the kid she killed was the one who sold her out to Tess, he was normal

unless Lex was adding non-meteor freaks to his collection, I believe she was one too

Comment

Originally posted by dru-zod2501
                  unless Lex was adding non-meteor freaks to his collection, I believe she was one too
                  Well then I guess Bette wasn't a meteor freak after all.

Because Mxyzpltk is a non-meteor freak.

Comment

Originally posted by cksidekick
                    i don't mind a FOTW epi once in a while...especialy when it's a non mythos epi...it alows Clark to shine without going too deep into a B story...you can explain away the vilans power with a quick rock reference... Meta Humans and Meteor Infected Humans are just part of the Smallville Universe...they are bound to pop up from time to time...

having said that, there is no need to make an established DC character a FOTW...though, as stated, we don't know for shure if she is or not...but what is realy the difference between a FOTW and MHOTW episode (if the Meta Human is a vilan)?
                    the difference is that by saying that most villains are Meteor Freaks the writers are insisting that everything and everyone, villain and hero, got their start with Clark Kent and its because of Clark that these people came about and thats not necessarily the truth.

Comment

if they are a meteor infected person, then it is because of Clark (in a round a bout way)...all i'm saying is that a meteor freak need not take up very much exposition...it's a crutch, but in an otherwise compelling episode, i don't mind...

you went from the word "most" to the words "everything and everyone" all in one sentence...there have been SEVERAL non meteor characters on Smallville...

Comment

Yea not all dc/non dc villains in the show have been krypto powered. Mxy wasnt, the jla members with powers are not, ryan, the age taker chick, etc... As for bette they didnt really come out and say if she was or wasnt. And really if you remember what the jla said in justice in season 6 that lex is after all people with powers meaning metahumans and krypto freaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Theshadow129x
                          the difference is that by saying that most villains are Meteor Freaks the writers are insisting that everything and everyone, villain and hero, got their start with Clark Kent and its because of Clark that these people came about and thats not necessarily the truth.
                          Who said that? Oh that's right, no one.

Maybe most villains in Smallville and Metropolis are meteor freaks, which are the two main settings of this show, but they have NEVER insisted that "everything and everyone, villain and hero" in the world are meteor infected. This show has had many villains that were not meteor infected.

cksidekick is right, you went from saying "most villains" to "everything and everyone, villain and hero" in the same sentence
                          Last edited by unfocused; 09-26-2008, 12:46 AM.

Comment

I don't recall it ever being stated that she was one.

I think the tie to it was more than likely to help Chloe cone to terms with the Isis thing.

Mxyzpltk wasn't one, so I think its been established that Lex was branching out and kept an open mind. He captured Bart after all.

I think he just tended to use meteor freaks cause there were so many of them homegrown and ready made thus he didn't really have a need to look very far.

Comment

Not to mention he used most meteor freaks just to extract some of their power in some way to use to his advantage.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎