Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eas
    Why, cause you think folks won't watch the debates? In my area, "SV" is scheduled at 8:00 and the debates start at 9:00, so I don't really have a choice to make... but, even if I did, I'd watch the debates & Tivo "SV".

----- Added 41 Minutes later -----

So, to compare:

Season 8:

"Plastique" - 4.18 (no final numbers, yet)

Season 7:

"Kara" – 4.586 (final numbers were 5.04)

Season 6:

"Sneeze" – 4.06 (final numbers were 4.05)

To me, this is pretty amazing. First of all, there's the fact that it's the 8th season and it gets almost zero promotion from it's network.

Not only is it holding up fairly well in comparison to previous years, it's even doing better than it did 2 years ago. And this in spite of series losing 2 of it's leads (MR and KK) and those fans more than likely did not tune in that only tuned in for MR and KK. So, this means that the vast majority of "SV" fans came back for S8 - not just the premiere, but the 2nd episode, and these fans had to come back not for Lex or Lana, but for the characters that exist in S8. (I have to believe that the majority came back for Welling/Clark.)

Anyway... my point is that I'm really happy with the ratings & it's no surprise that PS3 (and D.O.) are thinking of S9.
    The episode did pretty good, it's no surprise I want a S9 even more.

Comment

This is great, considering SV was competing with big season premieres and that this is not a premiere, the scarce advertisement AND the fact that we lost 2 of our main three, specially two characters with relatively big fan bases, I honestly think, we couldnt expect better. a really small decrease between the season premiere and the second episode, usually the diference is bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
        There was an interesting conversation going on at the ratings message board (PIFeedback). It seems that the CW was planning to end SV at the Upfronts, but last week, Dawn Ostroff herself called Marc Berman (the owner of that website) and told him that SV was not ending. Craig also gives some information.

The conversation begins with a post by Texas Bound on this page:

It continues over the next several pages.
        I might as well be changing my mind about her, since I as well want a ninth season.

Comment

Live+ 7 rating are in:

SMALLVILLE....................4.782 million
          AMERICA’S TOP MODEL.....4.571
          GOSSIP GIRL...................3.731
          SUPERNATURAL...............3.619
          ONE TREE HILL................3.558
          PRIVILEGED.....................2.143

Comment

Originally posted by Best Episode - 321
            Live+ 7 rating are in:

SMALLVILLE....................4.782 million
            AMERICA’S TOP MODEL.....4.571
            GOSSIP GIRL...................3.731
            SUPERNATURAL...............3.619
            ONE TREE HILL................3.558
            PRIVILEGED.....................2.143

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2008/10/13...-increase/6113
            Plastique's final was 4.18mil and the live+7 is 4.78mil. That's Awesome! thanks

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎