TV Ratings for "Plastique"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Smallville has to do is stay above 4 million for the first half of the season. Then the key is having a couple of really big episodes during that time that TPTB can promote to bring in more viewers, like "Justice" in season 6 and "Cure" in season 7(because of Dean Cain).

Comment

4.10 is respectable enough. You have to take into account that this show gets a lot of casual viewers who just say "Oh this is a Superman show, let's take a look" as they channel surf. They don't know who Al & Miles are. They don't know who PS3 are. They don't know that there was a change in leadership this season. They may have casually watched the show casually in past seasons and decided they didn't like certain things (Clark making too little practical progress) and stopped watching all together. In other words, some of the mistakes made under AlMiles may negatively affect viewership among people who don't realize that there are new people at the helm who are taking the show in a fresh direction.

Comment

Against real competition, Kitchen Nightmares just got crushed in both hours (were they both orginial episodes?, my data is conflicting), shedding almost a third of its viewers and demo adults from last week. Compared to that carnage, Smallville’s loss of only 6% of its viewers and a tick in each demo seems positively heroic.

Full details:

TimeNetShowViewers Live+SD (Millons)18-49 Rating/ Share18-34 Rating/ Share
        8:00CBSSurvivor: Gabon (8-10p) (premiere)13.0524.5/132.8/9
        ABCUgly Betty (premiere)9.7753.3/93.5/11
        NBCMy Name is Earl (premiere)6.3982.7/82.6/8
        FOXKitchen Nightmares4.1771.9/51.9/6
        CWSmallville4.1041.7/51.7/5
        UNICuidado con el Angel3.7461.4/41.6/5
        9:00ABCGrey’s Anatomy (9-11p) (premiere)18.2967.2/177.8/20
        CBSSurvivor: Gabon (8-10p) (premiere)12.7754.5/102.6/7
        NBCThe Office (premiere)9.1954.9/116.1/15
        UNIFuego en la Sangre4.6441.8/42.1/5
        FOXKitchen Nightmares4.4892.1/51.9/5
        CWSupernatural3.2451.3/31.2/3
        10:00ABCGrey’s Anatomy (9-11p) (premiere)18.3157.6/198.1/21
        CBSCSI (repeat)9.4032.6/61.5/4
        NBCER (premiere)7.9213.3/83.0/8
        UNILa Rosa de Guadalupe3.4801.4/41.5/4

Comment

Smallville
          8:00 p.m. V: 3.97 million, A18-49: 1.6/ 5
          8:30 p.m. V: 4.24 million, A18-49: 1.8/ 5

Comment

MOD EDIT
            Last edited by savingpeoplething; 09-27-2008, 09:02 AM. Reason: Breaking Forum Rules #10 and #14

Comment

Originally posted by Poweranimals
              MOD EDIT
              Last edited by savingpeoplething; 09-27-2008, 09:03 AM. Reason: Removing edited post from quote.

Comment

Originally posted by SueB
                It's still an 11% drop from last year and I will not be surprised if the bottom falls out next week as fans react to the poor quality of Plastique.
                So, you really didn't expect Michael Rosenbaum and Kristin Kreuk leaving to have an impact? John Glover being gone too, effectively eliminating the Luthor story which is what many, many fans were watching for? You really, seriously thought Smallville would be doing the same as last year? Come on.

Comment

That's good, right? Considering they had competition this week...Is that with DVR numbers too? I'm just wondering I'm pretty out of the loop when it comes to ratings stuff...But it looks good..They stayed above 4 million

Comment

Yay for 4 Mil.

Competition was pretty steep, so I think all in all we were pretty solid.

Also, through various other means of viewing the episode, you can also add AT LEAST another 100000 to that count, so I think its pretty solid.

Comment

Originally posted by individuall
                      That's good, right? Considering they had competition this week...Is that with DVR numbers too? I'm just wondering I'm pretty out of the loop when it comes to ratings stuff...But it looks good..They stayed above 4 million
                      So am I, but it sounds positive. Just going by this year. Was there the big drop-off some were predicting after the premiere last week? It doesn't look like it. And I feel, comparing it to last season, is unfair considering the loss of MR and KK. To think that those two didn't have fans and that the stories they were involved in (which are now at an end) weren't in large part why their fans were still watching, is I think ignoring a very reasonable, big why there is a discrepancy (from last year to now). If the show starts to tail off week by week this year, then yes, I think an argument can be made. But, not for Season 7 (or 6, 5, and earlier) vs. Season 8. MR and KK are gone. I think it matters.

Comment

What I want to know is: did it trounce Gossip Girl and 90210? Pretty please??!!

Comment

Gossip Girl had like 3.5 million
                          90210: 2.9 million

----- Added 54 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by individuall
                          DVR numbres are in 2-3 weeks
                          Last edited by tariksam; 09-26-2008, 10:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by tariksam

----- Added 54 Seconds later -----

DVR numbres are in 2-3 weeks
                            Thanks!

Comment

Yay! 4.10mil. Smallville's still the #1 scripted show on CW. It even beat out Smackdown last week and may beat ANTM this week after the Finals are in.

I loved "Plastique"!

All the comments on the Ratings site, were very positive about Smallville! (That's not always the case, there.):/

Comment

Originally posted by tariksam
                                Ouch.

I call early renewal AND JLA pickup.

Bye Dawn. You won't be missed, nor will you be forgiven for canceling Everwood and not picking up Mercy Reef.

I hope the door knocks you on your ass on the way out.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎