Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of 3-1 "The Second Coming"?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of 3-1 "The Second Coming"?

A place to rate/review the season premiere specifically.

10/10 for me.
    10 - Welcome back HEROES!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Welcome back ZEROES. :(
    0%

I'm really positive I saw another thread like this somewhere, but for both episodes.

Comment

finally watched it a 2nd time. Oh god I missed this show. Its so like the first season IMO with all these twists and what not. Voted a 10!

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninth Doctor
        I'm really positive I saw another thread like this somewhere, but for both episodes.
        That was a "live discussion" thread. I think it's on the 2nd page...

Comment

We had a poll but it went bye bye it seems, I even posted in the thread lol. Can we get these stickied?? Jeff, Randy? You around?

Comment

Poo had to vote again and now my keyboard is messed up lol crap!

We def had another poll with both episodes in it _ where did that go? there were some good opinions in that thread

I hope it"s doing well where ever it is

my shift is stuck on it seems>>>>>""":::::: poo

Comment

Originally posted by Ginx
              Poo had to vote again and now my keyboard is messed up lol crap!

We def had another poll with both episodes in it _ where did that go? there were some good opinions in that thread

I hope it"s doing well where ever it is

my shift is stuck on it seems>>>>>""":::::: poo
              I think Sylar got the other poll

Turn your keyboard over and tap on it, that should help.

Comment

Originally posted by STFanatic
                I think Sylar got the other poll

Turn your keyboard over and tap on it, that should help.
                I rebooted. Apparently if you hold your shift key down too long it kicks your computer into some kinda mode and it makes all the upper accent marks the primary marks so instead of ;'/ I got :"? - whatever it's fixed now lol.....

too bad about the other thread...... there were a lot of votes there.

Comment

Ugh...these first two episodes is tearing me up about what's coming down the road. On one hand there were some fantastic material. On the other, the premises for certain characters are getting ridiculous. So far, the prospects of the bad out weigh the good.

The overall arc - again with the stupid future. They can't keep using that as a draw. They could have gone strictly with the escapees and made a whole season with it.

One person getting stranded...ugh. Same thing different guy (Hiro, culturally then in the past, and now Matt culturally and geographically). They need to keep the characters together. I know budget might not allow it, but the idea that they keep separating only to get back together is again...redundant.

Claire running into a closet - Seriously? A closet? The indestructible girl runs into a flimsy closet? She couldn't have jumped out from the second story? Ran through a window? It's a complete regression of character to the first season.

Peter - This character is suffering the same fate as Smallville's Clark Kent. Ridiculously overpowered, and yet dumb as a rock. Too bad his power doesn't include absorbing intelligence. He could have simply warped to a time that Nathan was alone and tell him not to do the press conference. Shooting Nathan was the only way? The whole future thing is what's keeping him around, but like I said they don't need it.

Hiro - While still likable, is starting to wear out. They need to really grow this character. It's possible that he'll do so for the rest of the season, but that introduction makes him regress as a character. I do like that Ando will be at odds with him and I truly hope that they play it out.

Mohinder - They took the one guy that didn't need any powers and gave him powers. All the moral compass they gave him during the first two seasons literally got dumped in these two episodes. They could have dragged out the whole debate of whether to use the serum or not and make it a moral question before he injected himself, they didn't even bother with that.

Maya - What a horrible actress! I feel the same way about her as I did with the whole Avenging Angel crud that was on Smallville. The part could really make a difference, unfortunately the person behind the part is stinking it up.

The awesome stuff.

Nikki/Jessica/Gina/Tracy - her storyline is extremely compelling because at this point, I'm going WTF. Plus, she's a complete fox. Personalities? Clones? Triplets? Quadruplets? I'm totally down for more Ali Larter.

Noah Bennett - Even with little time, HRG's presence is pure awesome. He's the equivalent of John Glover for Smallville. When he's on the screen, you can actually take some of the stuff seriously.

Sylar - Still unbelievably likable, in that love-to-hate kind of way.

Angela Petrelli - Wow, great character. Morally ambiguous, which makes her really interesting. The reveal wasn't that big of a surprise, though it's interesting. Is she just playing him, or is it true?

The meh...

The speedster - Don't know too much about her. However, I can see some potential setups with her. Love interest for Hiro? Her and Hiro doing a battle around the world.

Nathan - Finding God...meh really. Feels like they are setting him up to be the bad guy. If someone is going to die, really die, by the end of the season, I'd put my bet on him.

Elle - Loved the effects for her power, but don't really see where they will go with her. Sounds like a throw away character at this point. Kristen Bell only has a limited number of episodes, so...

I'll give it a couple more episodes, but it starting to wear thin in terms of storyline, you can only play the world is going to go to hell so many times.
                  Last edited by Jigga; 09-25-2008, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎