No announcement yet.

Is Sylar TOO powerful right now?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Sylar TOO powerful right now?

I mean is he too powerful? Telekinesis and invulnerability is it too much? I love sylar but come on , what can ever stop him now?

I agree Charlie. It's kind of over the top.

I must be missing something, wasn't he still powerless at the end of last season? Unfortunately, I didn't get to rewatch the recap, before the season 3 premiere.

Comment

He took the syrum made from Claire's blood that was a 'cure' to the virus and he got his powers back.

I don't think it's over the top because even though he has the powers he doesn't really know how to use them. I mean Elle still kicked his butt even if she didn't mean too. And he still got caught same as always. He's just like a big kid with new toys - they're cool but he doesn't know the first thing about them.

Comment

If anyone is too powerful its Peter. He has everyone's ability, atleast every Hero/Villian he's made contact with. Sylar has immortality/invulnerabliliy, telekinesis,hearing, some elemental/cold power what else?

Comment

I saw the noticeable lack of a couple of his powers. Either the only ones he can use with precision are his telekinesis and the cutting powers. Those company agent should have gotten the Ted treatment. It could be just a goof, but that super hearing certainly wouldn't have let Claire get the drop on him in the house. I take that to mean that the virus took some of his powers away. I mean, where is that nifty freezing power?

Comment

If i understood it correct he lost all of his powers except telekinesis.

And i dont think he is to powerfull since an impossible powerfull Villain is always more fun to watch (at least for me ) . It could force the good guys to work together again or as it is the case with Sylar most of the time, it just makes him way cooler

And Sylar does have a big vulnerablity: he always overestimates himself and underestimates everybody else.

But still, he is the coolest villain since Darth Vader.

Comment

yeah i took it that telekinesis is all he has left too, besides claire's new addition.

i mean its all he used in the episode, just moving stuff around. and then concentrated it to cut her scalp off.

i don't think that he is too powerful, he can still be killed by decapitation and if the heroes would smarten up they could definitely out-smart him...

Comment

Thing is, there's no reason for the TK to be the only ability left, and he's always preferred its use to the use of his other powers. We'll just have to wait and see what he has left.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninth Doctor
                  Thing is, there's no reason for the TK to be the only ability left, and he's always preferred its use to the use of his other powers. We'll just have to wait and see what he has left.

Nope he said it himself that he lost the rest. Otherwise when Claire locked herself in the closet, he could have melted the knob with Ted's radioactive power.

Comment

No she should have all his abilities pre/virus. The shanti virus nullified his powers. The instance he got the antiviral from Mohinder. Sylar got his powers back i.e. spiniach can.

That or either he was just screwing with Clarie tormenting her.Maybe the guy gets off on the torment of the helpless. Just look at that closet door. Mr.Muggles could kick through that thing. And all he did was bang and shake the door.

So either he lost his powers-or was just messing with Clarie. I gotta go with messing with Clarie

Comment

Didn't he also say something about loosing everything that was special to him, and then getting them back?

TK is an acquired power of his, so there's still no reason he should still have it, if his other abilities are gone.

Comment

they are definitely making him too powerful too quickly. telekinesis was one thing, but now that he is invulnerable, it seems impossible to kill him (except for Peter, who is unavailable at the moment). I think they should have slowed it down at least. It is nearly impossible to even go near him now.

Comment

i thought Slyar's natural power is that he can alter himself once he found out how other people's power work.

Therefore when the Shanti Virus nullified his powers, if he lost something, he should have lost everything. Therefore when he was cured, he should have gained everything back.

Unless it is related to memory, so that he has to remember how those people worked, to alter his brain to do the same again. Since TK is the first one he killed and the first skilled he learned, it was probably always going to be fresh to him. Since then he killed too many and just don't remember them all.

Comment

He also has/had Charlie's (the remembering waitress) power, so if it is just figuring out how it works, he should have all the powers he had gained.

Comment

Originally posted by hansioux
                              Unless it is related to memory, so that he has to remember how those people worked, to alter his brain to do the same again. Since TK is the first one he killed and the first skilled he learned, it was probably always going to be fresh to him. Since then he killed too many and just don't remember them all.
                              That's how I see it. He uses TK constantly... the others he had an used here and there. He lost his powers for months, and when he got them back, the only learned power he could still use was the one he knew the best.

It's not too far off from what happens to people who don't use skills for a while... they atrophy. But the skills you used a lot are easy to pick back up because you had a lot of exposure to them.

I used to play the drums in high school, but I haven't in decades. I picked up the drum kit for Rock Band and struggled with it because my coordination hasn't been exercised. The more I played, the better I got, because I remembered.

However, I also used to skateboard in high school, but only occassionally. I haven't even thought about it in 20+ years. Now, if I tried to get on a sketboard, I'd probably have to learn it all over again. A lot of Sylar's powers were only used once or twice... if his power is based on learning, it's only natural that they'd atrophy with lack of use over time.

As for Charlie's power, he lost the perfect memory when he lost his powers, so that wouldn't have helped him retain them over time... it wouldn't have even helped him retain the memory power itself.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎