No announcement yet.

Peter's new predicament

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter's new predicament

O.K. here's a question: does being in someone elses body nullify Peter's abilities?

Judging by the fact that he's hanging out with the other Level 5 inmates, i'd say no teloportation.

If so, will he absorb their powers?

Incidentally , anyone notice how obviously they had HRG skip mentioning Jessi/Peter power? - "And this guy, well... I won't tell you cause that will ruin the surprise for the viewers".

Good question. I can't wait to see this dude's power, and how it'll all play out.
    I'm trying my best to stay out of the Heroes spoiler forum this season.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

BTW - Welcome to the forums blarjet.
    Last edited by Randy G.; 09-24-2008, 06:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Maybe Future Peter picked that inmate for a reason? Maybe Future Peter had a run-in with the inmate in his own time?

I'm thinking that Future Peter dropped Peter in the cell and made him look like the inmate when he's really still Peter but that Future Peter is also preventing Peter from using his powers.

That makes my head hurt...... but I just keep thinking how could Future Peter physically put Peter into another body? It has to be an illusion.... which would mean that Future Peter is crazy powerful.....

Comment

well we have already seen a hero that can create illusions, cant remember her name...
        but it wouldnt be that unlikely that F. Peter masters that skill also in the future..

im sure it is just an illusion.

Comment

Well, unless it's an illusion with dampering powers then Peter would still have powers.....even if people couldn't see them they'd sure feel them.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G.
            Good question. I can't wait to see this dude's power, and how it'll all play out.
            I'm trying my best to stay out of the Heroes spoiler forum this season.
            lol same her Randy

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

well, if it's an illusion, then where the other guy? Though something is telling me that Peter really is in the body of that guy, and Future-PEter blocked him out somehow. Gosh, this show is complicated lol
            Last edited by Novak Fan; 09-24-2008, 10:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I'm pretty sure he can't use his powers because it's like Peter kind of possessing the guy, so it's just his spirit in the guys body, and he needs his own body for his powers / absorbing powers.

And just fyi, they did show Jesse's power, when HRG said his name, it was on the screen underneath the picture of him... I didn't see it the first time, but did the second time I watched it... I don't want to spoil it for people even though its in the episode, so go back and watch that scene :-)
              Last edited by JW_102792; 09-24-2008, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Ah, now that you mention it, I do remember what the power was.

[SPOILER] Sound Manipulation [/SPOILER]

Comment

When I saw that I thought, "....HRG is saying that his power is too terrible to even talk about. The monitor begs to differ."

Did no one else think it was a lame level 5 ability?

Comment

I think its a pretty cool power assuming he's good at using it... making people hear things, high enough frequency to explode people's brains... There's a lot he could do with it if he's got it mastered, which if he's in Level 5, he probably does.

It'd probably be better than the others, assuming he can do it from far away.. It sounds lame, but if you take the time to think about what he could do with it, its pretty cool, imo.

Comment

My first thought was Banshee from the X-Men.

Comment

Originally posted by STFanatic
                        My first thought was Banshee from the X-Men.
                        Actually I think it'll be more like Arclight powers, cause to be honest Banshee's powers wouldn't transition well into the Heroes type reality.

Comment

And "Going Postal" proves thedarknight correct- they do not transition well into Heores at all.

Well, maybe if the writing and directing weren't terrible it would have gone better.

Comment

So now present Peter also has all of the powers of the future peter where everyone seems to have powers. They'll probably ignore that little detail in the coming episodes. I really wish they'd think these things through before they do them.

Comment

Sound Manipulation can be a dangerous and powerful thing... sonic vibration, ventriloqism and mimickry, increasing and decreasing its intensity... a person who did their homework on how sound works and what can be done with it would be tough to stop.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎