Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratings for #3-1 "The Second Coming" & #3-2 "The Butterfly Effect"

The return of Heroes on NBC, meanwhile. was a big disappointment last night. The one-hour clips show was third in the 8 p.m. hour, with 5.96 million viewers and a 2.6/ 7 in the demo. That led into the two-hour season three premiere at just 9.89 million viewers and a 4.9/12 among adults 18-49 from 9-11 p.m. Here is the half-hour breakdown:

Heroes (NBC)
    9:00 p.m. – Viewers: 10.15 million (#3), A18-49: 4.8/11 (#3)
    9:30 p.m. – Viewers: 10.28 million (#3), A18-49: 5.0/11 (#2)
    10:00 p.m. – Viewers: 9.61 million (#3), A18-49: 4.9/12 (#2)
    10:30 p.m. – Viewers: 9.52 million (#2), A18-49: 4.8/12 (#2)

One year earlier, Heroes kicked-off the season (on Sept. 24, 2007) with a much heftier 16.97 million viewers and a 7.3/17 among adults 18-49 from 9-10 p.m. Comparably, that’s erosion of a massive 7.08 million viewers and 33 percent in the demo. In other words, absence may not have made the heart grow fonder for fans of Heroes.

ouch - I think that some people were so burnt by last season that they didn't come back. Plus it coming on for 2 hours might have made some people have Heroes overload..... hope the ratings get better.

Comment

some people were watching Dancing With The Stars

Comment

stupid dancing show!

Comment

How about "Dancing With The Heroes"?

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G.
            How about "Dancing With The Heroes"?
            I am so there...... lol.... Sylar waltzing...hehe

Comment

They really, really need to start paying more attention to Tivo and online streaming than the extremely flawed Nielson Ratings.

Anyway, I guess Generations hurt a lot more than we expected.

Comment

CSI Miami aired at 10/9 pm last night, that might have taken some viewers away

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninth Doctor
                  They really, really need to start paying more attention to Tivo and online streaming than the extremely flawed Nielson Ratings.
                  I don't know if they really do take into account the online viewing, DVR, TiVo because I know a lot of people who go that way instead of watching it right when it's actually on. And also families that one parent watches, saves it, and then the other watches it later.

Their rating system is flawed.

----- Added 33 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by SuperKyptonGirl13
                  CSI Miami aired at 10/9 pm last night, that might have taken some viewers away
                  I guess I'm the only one that has no interest in those types of shows.... give me scifi any day.
                  Last edited by Ginx; 09-24-2008, 06:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

There is still over half a million people without power in the Galveston/Houston area.
                    That number doesn't count the areas outside there.
                    The power in the town I live in (40 miles south) is only 85% restored, another town near here is only at 10% restored.

So, that will cut into the count (not just Heroes but all series) as well.

I DVRed CSI.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninth Doctor
                      Anyway, I guess Generations hurt a lot more than we expected.
                      The irony for me is that after seeing it again recently on bluray/dvd I thought volume/season 2 was simply fantastic from start to finish, and yet I was one of the people who got down on it when it aired (at least in the early going anyway, later I said Heroes was "back". In actuality, it never left. lol). It's strange how impressions can change when you see something again on dvd/highdef. My personal view now is that Heroes never had a bad season/volume. It has been a consistently great series. It's a shame the ratings don't reflect that (apparently).
                      Last edited by Xanderman; 09-24-2008, 04:55 PM.

Comment

I was defending a lot of it when it first aired, but as time goes on it gets less favorable in my mind. I should watch it again. I still think it was, and continues to be, the best show on tv, and if it had been allowed to continue into Exodus would have matched or exceeded season 1.

What's really sad is that Bob, one of my favorite characters, is now confined to Season 2. Hopefully when Ms. Bell finishes up all her movie stuff she can come on as a regular.

I'm thinking that the ratings are going to shoot up again, once word of mouth gets around to the people that left mid S2 that yes, Heroes is better than ever.

Comment

10 million is bad? COME ON!!! 10 million is amazing, Dancing with the Stars gets about that much on Mondays. How is 10 million not good????

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎