Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you like the character of tess mercer?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Tess, She's vulnerability underneath that toughness IMO and if Lionel Luther can be redeemed then I think she could.

Comment

She's wonderful. She reminds me of Lauren Bacall sometimes. I really love the range of Tess' character. She can go from vulnerable to devious in a heartbeat. Oh she's simply delightful.

Comment

I was at first intrigued and a bit cautious, then I starting liking the character then I started hating her, darn it she confuses me sometimes but she's....

Final verdict: I love her character. Cassidy Freeman is an amazing actor.

Comment

Of coz, whats not to like..

Comment

I love her! She has so many layers. She iz my favourite character on Smallville and I especially love her with Oliver!

Comment

Yes I Do.

Comment

I like her character and how she developed...but here lately I'm not a big fan of this good girl act, vulnerable-at-times Tess. Maybe we will soon see the new and improve "old Tess" but with so few epsidoes left who knows what will happen to her character.

Comment

I love Tess. I love her whole storyline from start to well almost finish *ignores finale* I love the changes she goes through, the character development. She has such a whole and complete character development. When we meet her she is this tough, guarded, woman. We see her fall and fail, we see her realize her mistakes and try to amend them. We see her step up and do the right thing. We see her finally owning up to her insecurities instead of burying them under her tough as nails facade. She's amazing. I dont see any flaws with how her character played out.

Comment

Loved her! Such a fantastic actress and such a strong character too! I've always wondered how Zod didn't fall head-over-heels for this girl--I mean, a man of his power and his alien-ness being matched by a human?! Who wouldn't go ga-ga for that awesomeness?! She's powerful and sexy and confident, but she is also human and has a very dark background that she doesn't let stand in her way. Oh, and did I mention that CF is a fantastic actress? Just... FANTASTIC. I have no other word!

I think there's a part of me that's always been a Cless-shipper, but--alas--it wasn't meant to be.

Comment

When she first appeared, I wasn't sure if she could carry the Luthor banner. Three seasons later, she became one of my favourite SV characters. (Loved her in "Fortune", too.) Cassidy is amazing, always brought her A-game.

Didn't like the mindwipe of Lex in the finale, but I don't place that at Tess' feet: Lex got the short end of the stick there from the writing, it's like they forgot "stuff of legends". Tess went out in a death-and-glory, self-sacrificing way (though the end result wasn't good for Lex at all).

Comment

Tess is awesome.

Comment

As a character, she's a very interesting one and keeps the story going without it getting too boring. So in this respect she's very excellent.

However, I do wish people wouldn't excuse her actions on the show just because she joined the good guys' side. She's somewhat sociopathic, and still is as a "good guy". Many of her tactics to help people were mainly illegal and highly questionable, even when she was doing it for "the greater good", etc.... and had she been found out by the public then she would had been jailed for life.... with good reasons for that.

I mean, Lex Luthor also does things for the "greater good" too, everything he did was to fight the evil aliens who he knows for sure is coming..... yet nobody excused his illegal activities by saying that he was just doing it for the greater good. Yet, Tess gets this treatment just because she's a hot, attractive woman doing the exact same things as Lex Luthor?

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
                            As a character, she's a very interesting one and keeps the story going without it getting too boring. So in this respect she's very excellent.

However, I do wish people wouldn't excuse her actions on the show just because she joined the good guys' side. She's somewhat sociopathic, and still is as a "good guy". Many of her tactics to help people were mainly illegal and highly questionable, even when she was doing it for "the greater good", etc.... and had she been found out by the public then she would had been jailed for life.... with good reasons for that.

I mean, Lex Luthor also does things for the "greater good" too, everything he did was to fight the evil aliens who he knows for sure is coming..... yet nobody excused his illegal activities by saying that he was just doing it for the greater good. Yet, Tess gets this treatment just because she's a hot, attractive woman doing the exact same things as Lex Luthor?
                            I agree.
                            Tho, I'm not sure if some viewers reacted this way with Tess because she was a woman.
                            I think she was maybe forgiven by these viewers because she worshiped Clark.

A peeve I have with the character of Tess is that for a character who did some bad and devious things, she got the chance to be resurrected multiple times.
                            While Jimmy, a "good" person who never murdered anyone, stayed dead.

Comment

I have a lot of respect for the actress who plays Tess mercer. She plays her role to total perfection, etc.

But most of the time I can't shake the feeling that Tess was basically just a genderbent Lex Luthor that the writers created, just so that they could explore Clex relationship themes without it being gay.

I mean, Tess looks at Clark in the same exact way that Lex Luthor does... and all the fans who doesn't like homoerotic stuff seem to really love Tess for that alone, and ships Tess/Clark together almost for that very reason. But to them Lex who does the same things that Tess does is just weird, gross, and evil.

So yeah, I do think Gender plays a lot into how differently Tess and Lex are treated from each other even though they're practically the same person.

Comment

Originally posted by Neverending Story
                                I agree.
                                Tho, I'm not sure if some viewers reacted this way with Tess because she was a woman.
                                I think she was maybe forgiven by these viewers because she worshiped Clark.

A peeve I have with the character of Tess is that for a character who did some bad and devious things, she got the chance to be resurrected multiple times.
                                While Jimmy, a "good" person who never murdered anyone, stayed dead.
                                She was resurrected multiple times? I only remember one.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎