Special Effects in "Odyssey"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i thought they had a budget cut on FX for this year. It did not seem like it to me. i think they were great!

Comment

Originally posted by coco#1
      actually the helicopter flying over the frozen tundra looked so real. that was definately the best special effect
      really? that lookedbad to me. best was flying towards the sun

Comment

Loved AC jumping throw the ice because it shows that he has more the one power.

Comment

Originally posted by Routh
          LOL. That was real.

I can see how the helicopter flying over the snow there was real, but what about all of the mountains in the background? Obviously the shot of the Justice League standing outside as they pan back had to have been fake, but I liked that shot as well.

Comment

slim pickins on the special effects in this episode but my favorite would have to be AC errupting from underneath the ice.
            -M-

Comment

Hmmm...just playing devil's advocate but maybe D.O. cut the Smallville advertising budget so its FX budget could be bigger?

Comment

Quite frankly, they were below par, these effects were at season 3 level.

Siren's scream was pretty good, i never like they way here scream was partrayed anyway but atleast it is easy to pull of seeing as its just a wave simulation that distorts the image, although as it with most CGI 90% of the time is spent tweaking the final effect which is where the effect becomes expensive, it was the best effect in the show.

AC's first appearance was pretty terrible aswell, they must have rushed that one out quick, the perspective wasn't right niether was the ice effect, dammit why can't practical effects be used more?

The zoom out from the 3 guys at standing outside was rubbish aswell, that CGI was exactly the same quality i'm capable of pulling off with vastle cheaper software it looked very amateurish.

The arrow effect was near perfect.

The effect of the MM carrying Clark to the sun just looked cheesy, this was because it was so damn short.
                Last edited by TheANIMAL (marcus); 09-22-2008, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎