No announcement yet.

The SMALLVILLE - Battlestar Galactica Connection

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The SMALLVILLE - Battlestar Galactica Connection

Has anyone else noticed how many Battlestar Galactica actors have Guest Starred on Smallville?

It's been going on for a long time now, and I know it's most likely because of the convenience of both series being based in Vancouver. Compared to the other series filmed there, Smallville siphons or gleans many more guest stars from BSG than any other series.

Some of the actors guest starred before BSG premiered, so they probably feel some familiarity with Smallville's crew already. The earliest one I can remember is Lex's psychiatrist from season 3 after his lonely deserted desert island trauma and the so-called psychotic break orchestrated by Lionel to make Lex forget his crime against his parents. The actor (I don't remember her name.) who played his doctor became a religious advisor to BSG's president for a time.

Tamoh Penikett has been credited 3 times. In a season 3 episode, he played the very ill older brother of a young man who tried to bomb the hospital where Jonathan Kent was having heart surgery. He had died and been miraculously revived with a serum made from Clark's blood. Then near the end of season 6, he played a physically altered super-soldier designed by Lex's hired scientists in the episode "Prototype".

Then also in S6, the actor who played the doctor Lex hired, after murdering Lana's regular doctor, to lie to Lana and tell her that she had miscarried her non-existent baby. She serves on the BSG governing counsel. Then there's 'Douglas', the Chief on BSG who played Clark's torturer in "Traveler". More recently, Donnelly Rhodes, who plays the doctor on BSG played a Russian expert on relics in the S7 episode "Quest". And now, there's the 'new guy', Witwer, who'll be playing the 'doomdoctor' in season 8, also from BSG.

I think that there are a couple more I can't remember. How about you guys ...Do you remember any more? Please, Point them out if you will, just for the fun of it. I found it interesting. Maybe you do, too.
    Last edited by Imzadia; 06-28-2008, 03:03 AM. Reason: corr.

Also in season 4, episode 'Spirit'.
    Actress Kandyse McClure, she play Harmony

Comment

Originally posted by Vala
      Also in season 4, episode 'Spirit'.
      Actress Kandyse McClure, she play Harmony
      http://www.flix.co.il/tapuz/showVideo.asp?m=1572039
      Good spotting, Vala. That's definately one I'd forgotten about. Of course, I also realize that in order to make the connection with these guest stars, one has to be a BSG fan as well as a Smallville fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Imzadia
        Good spotting, Vala. That's definately one I'd forgotten about. Of course, I also realize that in order to make the connection with these guest stars, one has to be a BSG fan as well as a Smallville fan.
        Yup I LOVE BSG!

Comment

One of my favorite SV characters, Lillian Luthor (Alesen Down) has also been a recurring character on BSG. She played Jean Borolay (thank you Wikipedia) who was part of Anders resistance team.

Comment

Chalk up Slade, who also played Colonol Tigh
            Emil Hamilton, who played Lt. Gaeta

Comment

Chief Tyrol was also twice on the show. He was a deputy in the 1st season episode Obscura.

Comment

Callum Keith Rennie, played Leoben on battlestar, played Tyler McKnight on Smallville, in the Fragile episode
                Rekha Sharma, played Tory Foster on battlestar, played Dr. Harden on Smallville
                Emilie Ullerup, played a small character named Julia Brynn, played the first Cat Grant on Smallville
                Callie (Nicki Clyne), played a waitress at the Talon on Smallville
                Sebastian Spence, played a pilot on Battlestar, callsign Narcho, played Ted Kord on Smallville

there are over 200 correlations. you can do an advanced search on IMDB.

Comment

Hey dude thanks for sharing this

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎