The Last Days of Krypton

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last Days of Krypton

XRay,
    If you are as big of a fan of the Superman mythos as I think you are, you OWE it to yourself to pick up a copy of "The Last Days of Krypton" by Kevin Anderson. It is a GREAT read. The author does a really nice job of tying together all of the bits and pieces of Kryptonian history we've learned from reading comic books over the years. It is well worth your time. Although I have a hunch you've probably already read it...
    -M-

Originally posted by MBrittan
    XRay,
    If you are as big of a fan of the Superman mythos as I think you are, you OWE it to yourself to pick up a copy of "The Last Days of Krypton" by Kevin Anderson. It is a GREAT read. The author does a really nice job of tying together all of the bits and pieces of Kryptonian history we've learned from reading comic books over the years. It is well worth your time. Although I have a hunch you've probably already read it...
    -M-
    I haven't read too many comics since the mid 90's (I left sometime in 93/94 after the Reign of the Supermen saga). I have read & bought some Batman comics (Hush and the Red Hood/return of Jason Todd) and bought & read Superman #666. I used to love Spider-Man in the 80's & early 90's (I lost interest just before the clone returned when they went Venom crazy). I loved the ones from 1983/1984 when Hobgoblin first appeared (those are some of my favorite issues) and when he got the symbiote from the Secret Wars. I also liked the Sin Eater & return of the Sin Eater saga. The Cosmic Spider-Man storyline (Acts of Vengeance) was also cool. Inferno was awesome. I was a huge collector of Spider-Man, Superman, and Batman (even Captain America) back in those days.

I still buy back issues. I just got some Legends of the Dark Knight issues with the Venom storyline (where Batman takes the same drugs that Bane later took). The Joker is as awesome villian. He's a crazy SOB and can't believe how many people he killed, tortured and even raped and paralyzed (Batgirl). I always wanted Jason Todd to kill him as revenge, but then we'd lose the best villian of all time.

I intend to eventually pick up a copy of the Last Days of Krypton. My fanfic Krypton is the Smallville version of that.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
      I haven't read too many comics since the mid 90's (I left sometime in 93/94 after the Reign of the Supermen saga). I have read & bought some Batman comics (Hush and the Red Hood/return of Jason Todd) and bought & read Superman #666. I used to love Spider-Man in the 80's & early 90's (I lost interest just before the clone returned when they went Venom crazy). I loved the ones from 1983/1984 when Hobgoblin first appeared (those are some of my favorite issues) and when he got the symbiote from the Secret Wars. I also liked the Sin Eater & return of the Sin Eater saga. The Cosmic Spider-Man storyline (Acts of Vengeance) was also cool. Inferno was awesome. I was a huge collector of Spider-Man, Superman, and Batman (even Captain America) back in those days.

I still buy back issues. I just got some Legends of the Dark Knight issues with the Venom storyline (where Batman takes the same drugs that Bane later took). The Joker is as awesome villian. He's a crazy SOB and can't believe how many people he killed, tortured and even raped and paralyzed (Batgirl). I always wanted Jason Todd to kill him as revenge, but then we'd lose the best villian of all time.

I intend to eventually pick up a copy of the Last Days of Krypton. My fanfic Krypton is the Smallville version of that.
      I'm sorry if I didn't mention this, but "The Last Days of Krypton" is actually a full-length novel, not a comic book or graphic novel. It's a VERY good read, especially for someone as interested in the Superman mythos as you are.
      -M-

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎