Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is "perfect" for Clark

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From what I can see, the question is referring to the scene in arctic with Lana's video, Lois holding Clark, and a song saying "You're Perfect" on the background...

Now, I get Lana and Lois, but what is Chloe doing in this poll?? She wasn't anywhere near that scene.

Comment

• Originally posted by wafflles87
      Now, I get Lana and Lois, but what is Chloe doing in this poll?? She wasn't anywhere near that scene.
      I don't get that either, all this poll tells me is 42 people will vote for Chloe without reading the full question
      Last edited by Supsfan; 04-09-2009, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• Lois!

Comment

• Bye Clana,hello Clois,dam,i love it

Comment

• Lois is the perfect woman for Clark we all know that...

What i dont understand is how you can vote for Chloe. Clark doesnt have any romantic feelings for her.. The only time we have seen Clark showing any romantic feelings for Chloe was in 1 episode in season 1 and they didn't even kiss. I dont think Chloe deserves to be in a relationship with someone who doesnt love her back, even though he will become the world greatest superhero!! So why vote for her?? Please explain that??

Comment

• I'm completely ignoring mythos as I talk about this. We all know Clark & Lois end up with each other in the comics and the movies, blah blah. But Smallville is its own thing. I don't care what the writers say, it is an alternate universe to the Superman mythology. Which is perfectly fine with me. I'm just saying that just because the mythos says so, doesn't mean it affects my decision. Anyway:

I love Lana, I really do. And as much as I want to say she is the perfect one for Clark... I can't. Lana and Clark grew into people that were not the same as they were in high school. Lana is not the person that Clark fell in love with. They finally got their real chance in season seven. But it didn't work. They were all sweet to each other and all that, but the same spark wasn't there. It was a very luke warm relationship in the sexual chemistry department. One of the saddest, but one of my favorite, moments in the show is in "Persona" where Bizarro basically says that Lana does not love Clark (at least as "the one", an unconditional soul mate) and we can see on Lana's face that it's true. They weren't the same people anymore (especially Lana, after what Lex did to her) and took different paths. This is not a bad thing at all. People grow and change, it's natural. I still love the character of Lana, I enjoy seeing her and Clark together, but I also understand that they are no longer right for one another.

Chloe... I have never seen them as a couple. Obviously she has wanted them to be, but Clark has never really responded to that. That type of relationship is just not there for them. Chloe is perfect, but she's a perfect friend.

So, I definitely have to go with Lois. And, again, not because the mythos says so, but because of this:

Originally posted by Minela
              a) Lois Lane and Clark have sexual chemistry which is a very important ingredient for love.

b) Arguably, Lois is the one female on this show who really understands Clark the best. I think, at least. This is proven by her gift for his birthday. She realized he needed to open up his feelings and at the same time realized he needed space from the constant nagging from other people to open up. She sees the little nuances in him that a lot of people miss. Especially Lana and Chloe. Also, Clark himself said she sometimes knows him better than anyone. Both are always there for each other in major events in their lives. Clark was there for Lois when Ollie broke up with her, Lois was there for him in the Clana crisis.

c) Lois and Clark have fun around each other. They constantly play fight (she punches him, they give each other zingers but always with smilies on their faces). Fun, just like sexual chemistry are very important ingredients in a healthy relationship. He smiles the most when he is around Lois. He seems the most carefree when around her, which cannot be said for either Lana or Chloe.

xxx

e) Clark is a moper. We all know that. However when Lois is around he magically grows a backbone and tries to be on the same level with her. He uses his brain and tries to one up her. He puffs out his chest. He tries to show her he is a man. Example is in "Aqua" he automatically puffs out his chest when he sees Lois approaching with a smile. While hopped up on RedK he tries to 'impress' her and show her Ollie isn't even in his league. While hopped up on RedK he left Lana in a nightclub for a hotter girl. Curiously, the only person in Smallville he wants to show he is not just a simple farm boy is Lois. He tries to convince everybody else he is just that; a simple farm boy. Go figure.

f) They love kissing each other. Clark tells Martha, "I love Lana, want to kiss Lois, and keep Chloe in my back pocket?" Yes Clarkie boy, that's exactly it. Except you really don't love Lana anymore... as per what Bizzaro said about your true feelings. Remember he knows Clarks most hidden and darkest thoughts.

xxx
              That pretty much sums it up. I cut out a few things from the above post that either weren't relevant to me, or dealt with mythos type things (Lois walking into the room right at the moment Clark mentions "the one" or something like that). If you would like to see that persons full post, make sure to click on the link to it. I would also like to thank the person who made that post, as it really sums things up nicely and saved me a lot of typing time.

Comment

• It's Lois ...Clark did say to her in Escape that she is Perfect**Grin**

Comment

• Lois is perfect for Clark

Comment

• Lois Lane.
                    Last edited by Simba_Muffy; 11-13-2013, 03:58 AM.

Comment

• lois lane is the perfect match to our dear Clark

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveS
                        Nicely done, good on you. And as one should note, there is no such thing as 70 years of mythos on Smallville, in this series, most of those things have never happened and better yet, will never happen in the Smallville universe. Never will Tom Welling's ClarkMan ever be married ot EDlois on this series. (and Brandon Routh won't be married to Kate Bosworth in the next Superman movie, rest assured...just former lovers with a history in the past)
                        LOLOL, so much for that aye!!! LOLOL, it's so good to look back sometimes

Comment

• Originally posted by LuthorKent90
                          Lex.

Comment

• "You know what it's like being friends with Clark. No matter what he tells you, you don't know If it's the truth. You can never trust him."

Oh yes you can. You just have to want to and you have to have a little faith. And that is what Lana has always been lacking. Faith and trust in Clark. As I said in another topic:

Originally posted by DJ Doena
                            The problem with Clana is that she never trusted him. He didn't trust her with his secret but he tried to keep it from anyone because he was raised that way and tried to protect people from having to keep his secret. She never trusted him as a person. She said that in Hypnotic but it's also very evident in the early, even pre-first-relationship episodes. She's scared of the world and the mysterious things in it. Maybe that led her ultimately to the power suit. Not to be equal to Clark, but to feel save.

Just take Hug for example. She was scared of Kyle Tippet without having a real reason for it. She even accused Clark of wanting to "knock Whitney" just because he didn't see it the same way she did. In season 2's Dichotic she again suspected him of jealousy. Did she learn the lesson then? No of course not. Only two episodes later in Visage she accused him again when he noticed that "Whitney" was behaving strangely. In season 3's Extinction again she was on the side of a guy she didn't even know and unleashed all her meteor freak hate on Clark to whom she again did not listen. She tried to make it up in the end but after her previous rants I (if I were Clark) wouldn't have opened up to her either - even if I were just a "normal meteor freak". Four episodes later the same pattern. Yes she was under a spell, but still, no benefit of the doubt. Then came Adam Knight.

One year later. She immediately comes to the conclusion that Clark must have been the person that ratted Jason out to the school board. She didn't ask him, she just "thanked" him. And even when she found out she only half-heartedly apologized.

One year later. Clark had broken up with her. She could have given that whole dating thing a rest giving her track record (Whitney [dead], Clark, Adam [evil dead], Jason [evil dead], Clark), but no, despite warnings of her friends. OK, her ignoring Clark at that point is understandable - but Chloe? What reason would she have to warn her of Lex? Even Lionel warned her and I think she's one of the few people who doesn't have a bad personal history with him). When Chloe tried to warn her again, she was already "pregnant". And then her hatred of the meteor-infected came up again (BTW: Did she ever learn that Chloe was infected?).

And despite her expectance of honesty towards her she also kept quite a number of secrets over the years and that was long before season seven and her "Isis Foundation".

Granted, regarding keeping secrets all the characters are hypocrites. Just look how upset Clark always gets when someone is keeping something from him but at least he gets called on it or acknowledges his hypocrisy.
                            Originally posted by DJ Doena
                            IMHO Lana just doesn't fit in Clark's world, secret or not. Lois and Lana had both their fair share of hospital beds but Lana landed there as damsel in distress and Lois as wounded in action.
                            What made Lois so special is the fact that she treated him like he always wanted to be treated: a normal guy who grew up on a farm: WYSIWYG. Maybe that's what makes him so comfortable around her. She never tried to get a glimpse behind the mask because she did not suspect that there is a mask. Lana and Chloe always tried to see beyond the masquerade and his response was raising his shields. In order to protect his secret he also built a wall around his emotions. Lana noticed that in Cyborg. Since Lois never unleashed her trebuchet at his secret walls he felt that he could lower his defenses with her and that allowed them to connect on an emotional level.

The reverse is also true. Lois never saw Clark as a danger or someone who could hurt her, so it was easier for her to open up to him when she had something on her mind.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎