Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Lana really the one holding Clark back?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweetie
    ^^
    But,we know that CK is not supposed to stay on the farm.He's going to become a reporter and will become a hero that people will look up to.So,moping around on a farm and worry about Lana is not my idea of a great destiny.
    WE know it because we know how the MAKE -BELIEVE story ends! HE doesn't because in the MAKE-BELIEVE story he's living his life on a day-to-day basis. HE can't see the MAKE-BELIEVE future!

Comment

I think Clark can be a reporter and also do farming on the side. I am aware of people who actually do this. I find it silly when people are worried about Clark not becoming a super hero just bec. he does some farming work. One of my old friends who lived in Israel was just a carpenter.

Comment

Hmm...

Yeah I suppose there are many ways you could argue this.

Bottomline?

If Lana kicked the bucket, that would really kick Clark into "hero mode". Assuming he had the balls to do it. This version of Clark is such a whining wuss. I'd laugh if it weren't so pathetic.

Good thing Lex didn't let anything hold him back.

Now there's someone with balls! He had the guts to really embrace his darkside. He even killed a part of himself to get to where he is now. And that's a huge sacrifice since he's basically killing off his shot at redemption.

Cool thing about this version of Lex is you really sympathize with him. Whereas, Clark has turned into a major letdown.

No wonder Lex had to go. He leveled up. Clark stayed behind. So they weren't even on the same playing field.

Tsk, tsk.

Comment

There's a song that always makes me think of Lana and Clark. it goes a little something like this...

Landon Pigg - Can't let go

Well I cant let go
          No, I cant let go of you
          Youre holding me back without even trying to.
          I cant let go
          I cant move on from the past
          Without lifting a finger youre holding me back.

And then we saw our paths diverge
          And I guess I felt OK about it.
          Until you got with another man,
          And then I couldnt understand
          Why it bothered me so.
          How we didnt die we just
          Never had a chance to grow.

I cant let go
          No, I cant let go of you
          I cant let go
          I cant move on from the past.

And it might not make much sense
          To you or any of my friends
          Though somehow still you affect the
          Things I do.
          And you cant lose what you never had
          I dont understand why I feel sad
          Every time I see you out with someone new.

I cant let go
          No, I cant let go
          No, I cant let go of you.

I cant let go
          No, I cant let go of you
          I cant let go

I cant let go
          No, I cant let go of you
          I cant let go

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Young
            Lana told Clark that she was the one holding him back but I don't believe that at all.

Clark could've went for his destiny so many times but never did. He had basically all of season 6 to become Superman but he didn't.

Clark was the one holding himself back...not Lana.

That's just my two cents. Anyone else agree?
            I couldn't agree with you more...Clark has always found som excuse no to go off and face his destiny and maybe Lana telling him to 'wake up and go do it already' will start him down the path towards it. Truthfully (and this is just my opinion...) he needs to be closer to it now than he ever has before and I felt like the producers were the ones really holding him back by continuing to give us clark as a BDA instead of the smart person that they've shown him to be all along.

Keith

Comment

As much as i love Clana i think that Clark heald himself back for her. No one is responsible for Clark beging a superhero except himself.

Comment

No one is responsible for Clark being a superhero except himself.
                Quoted for Truth!

Comment

Clark held himself back. For her.

Comment

Originally posted by Lara Lane
                    Clark held Clark back. Lana was only his excuse.
                    I have to agree with you there. I think maybe Lana understood that, too, but she wanted to tell Clark what he needed to hear in a nice way.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Kreukie
                    That's why they're so meant to be.
                    They are NOT meant to be! This is a story where you know how it ends, & they took forever, but finally Lana is gone.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by colonyofcells
                    I see nothing wrong with Clark being on the farm. I am not sure why staying on the farm means no progress. We do need farms for our food. Clark can be a great super hero even if his line of work is farming. There seems to be rampant discrimination against the noble and essential work of farming.

Clark is also a great hero even when Lana is around. Being a great hero is definitely compatible wtih true love. All of these various loves strengthen each other rather than hinder.
                    I would totally agree with you in the real world, but in the DC comics universe we gotta have superheroes, & Superman doesn't marry Lana!

----- Added 7 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Kreukie
                    I agree with this, Clark doesn't have to be at the Daily Planet to be Superman, he can be Superman and still be a farmer.

Actually, that's better of a disguise then being a popular reporter at one of the biggest newspapers.
                    But that's not who Clark Kent is! They changed things about his story a lot for Smallville, but they can't change his destiny.

----- Added 10 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by colonyofcells
                    I think Clark can be a reporter and also do farming on the side. I am aware of people who actually do this. I find it silly when people are worried about Clark not becoming a super hero just bec. he does some farming work. One of my old friends who lived in Israel was just a carpenter.
                    If you mean Jesus, He was not "just" a carpenter. But I see your point. Real people can do several different things like that, but Superman is only 2-dimensional.
                    Last edited by dunkman; 05-16-2008, 07:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Alaska Young
                      Lana told Clark that she was the one holding him back but I don't believe that at all.

Clark could've went for his destiny so many times but never did. He had basically all of season 6 to become Superman but he didn't.

Clark was the one holding himself back...not Lana.

That's just my two cents. Anyone else agree?

I agree with this, Clark is holding himself back and Lana was probably just saying that b/c she basically almost died and she got scared. I mean, who wouldn't, but it was a total cop out 2 say that she was holding Clark back b/c that's not true

Comment

no lana didnt. clark held himself back..hes never wanted to face his destiny...its just he loves lana and everyone wants to blame her..but its not her fault at all

Comment

No not Lana...the writers held Clark back. I mean you got to squeeze every drop out of this turnip before its all over....right?

Comment

Originally posted by RepairmanBob
                            Piss poor writing and the greed of the network held Clark back. Lana was just the tool they used to do it.
                            ditto

That being said if i can't use the writers excuse i would blame Clark mostly, followed by the Jor-EL that seems to be malicous

Comment

Originally posted by The_real_Lex_Luthor
                              Hmm...

Yeah I suppose there are many ways you could argue this.

Bottomline?

If Lana kicked the bucket, that would really kick Clark into "hero mode". Assuming he had the balls to do it. This version of Clark is such a whining wuss. I'd laugh if it weren't so pathetic.

Good thing Lex didn't let anything hold him back.

Now there's someone with balls! He had the guts to really embrace his darkside. He even killed a part of himself to get to where he is now. And that's a huge sacrifice since he's basically killing off his shot at redemption.

Cool thing about this version of Lex is you really sympathize with him. Whereas, Clark has turned into a major letdown.

No wonder Lex had to go. He leveled up. Clark stayed behind. So they weren't even on the same playing field.

Tsk, tsk.
                              Agreed...I actually sympathized with Lex at time but Clark was just a lost cause...all he cared about was Lana even if the world was ending Lana...or he just wouldn't take action till the very last minute, Chloe would always have to be his brain since he turned into a BDA.

And also what RepairmanBob said Piss poor writing and the greed of the network held Clark back. Lana was just the tool they used to do it.

Comment

First of all, these characters are fictitious, therefore the only ones holding them back are the writers themselves. Secondly, Lana gets the major flack for holding Clark back, but I personally feel that it's the writers over dependence on the Chloe character. In order to maintain her importance, they have over emphasized her role and have made Clark depend on her way too much. Just look at every episode when she isn't around...Clark magically mans up and begins to act on his own.

So if any character is holding Clark back, it's definitely Chloe, not Lana.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎