Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's everyone's top comic book based movies?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tabularasa
    I doubt X-Men or Fantastic Four will get reboots. Fox seems to want to do these origin films, and I just don't see there being that big of a demand for Fantastic Four. I could see them rebooting Daredevil. I never saw that film, but I heard the majority hated it. If they were going to go the Chris Nolan way and reboot it, make it darker and more serious, then I could see that.
    I would rather that they NOT redue Daredevil. Speaking as someone saw it, it was amazing. Ben Affleck and Jen Garner were wonderful. Personally I would like to see a Daredevil sequel with the actors they already have.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
      I would rather that they NOT redue Daredevil. Speaking as someone saw it, it was amazing. Ben Affleck and Jen Garner were wonderful. Personally I would like to see a Daredevil sequel with the actors they already have.
      Oui, oui. I'm in for this one.

Comment

Fantastic four reboot on the way.... i never like them as a team or at all. having reboots does flood the movie market and i agree it is dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Theshadow129x
          Fantastic four reboot on the way.... i never like them as a team or at all. having reboots does flood the movie market and i agree it is dumb.
          Depends, in the case Fantastic 4 the movies were really subpar(they are alot better in the comics). I would not mind a reboot of this one, especially if they line it up with the Avenger continuity. Also would not mind if they add Namor in this time.

You keep talking about how bad reboots are but keep in mind this:

*Batman has had at least 2 reboots at the movie theaters
          *BattleStar Galactica was the bottom of the barrel sci-fi until Ron Moore came along and rebooted the francise.
          *Not many people are complaining about the New Star Trek which is a reboot of sorts.

Bottomline not all reboots are bad if done right.

Comment

Daredevil is a that would do very well with a reboot. The first movie is not as bad as some people would tell you nor is it very good either. The main issue I had with it was they They tried to cram not only the origin but the entire Frank Miller run into about 90mins. The problems start with the origin they give him. They messed with How Matt lost his sight in a way I will never understand instead of the Heroic act of saving an old man he is now blinded because he can't deal with what his father does. By the time this plays out you don't even see Electra until almost 1/3 into the movie were instead of having a long term relationship the have one date so when she dies it does not carry the emotional impact that it should.

The Kingpin was another problem with the film he never came across as untouchable. In the comics it was never as simple as Daredevil beating up the kingpin he truely was some one who could have acted as a villian throught out a series of films. Also there was Bullseye he is the one charcter more than any other villian in comics who gets to win and that is why he woks so well but here he kills Electra sure but then he dies taking him out of future movies.

The acting was fine in so much as it wasn't bad persay but no one really inhabitited the roles execpt for Collin Ferril who was fun but he wasn't really playing Bullseye. It all really comes down to the first film being too unfocused, a new version at least have the chance to correct these mistakes also there has been a lot of great work done on the charcter since the release of this film so writers would have alot to draw from

Comment

Originally posted by nicmar
              Daredevil is a that would do very well with a reboot. The first movie is not as bad as some people would tell you nor is it very good either. The main issue I had with it was they They tried to cram not only the origin but the entire Frank Miller run into about 90mins. The problems start with the origin they give him. They messed with How Matt lost his sight in a way I will never understand instead of the Heroic act of saving an old man he is now blinded because he can't deal with what his father does. By the time this plays out you don't even see Electra until almost 1/3 into the movie were instead of having a long term relationship the have one date so when she dies it does not carry the emotional impact that it should.

The Kingpin was another problem with the film he never came across as untouchable. In the comics it was never as simple as Daredevil beating up the kingpin he truely was some one who could have acted as a villian throught out a series of films. Also there was Bullseye he is the one charcter more than any other villian in comics who gets to win and that is why he woks so well but here he kills Electra sure but then he dies taking him out of future movies.

The acting was fine in so much as it wasn't bad persay but no one really inhabitited the roles execpt for Collin Ferril who was fun but he wasn't really playing Bullseye. It all really comes down to the first film being too unfocused, a new version at least have the chance to correct these mistakes also there has been a lot of great work done on the charcter since the release of this film so writers would have alot to draw from
              Ben Affleck did a great job as Daredevil. I love the roof top scene with Elektra and how he sees her becuase of the rain. In the entended rated R version on DVD they go further with Matt/Elektra relationship stuff, so in that aspect I guess it would make care more about Elektra (I cared about even without the extra scenes though). The emotional impact was there for me, but I think everyone knew that she was going to come back.

I think you are being kinda nitpicky with the origins stuff. I felt the way they did it was fine. The movie for me was focused and came to an acceptable ending. Michael Clark Duncan's King Pin was awesome. I really hope to see him repise the role in ethier another Daredevil film or the next Spider-man film.

Comment

1.The Dark Knight
                2.Batman Begins
                3.Iron Man
                4.Punisher:War Zone
                5.Spider-Man
                6.Spider-Man 2
                7.The Incredible Hulk
                8.Watchmen
                9.X-Men
                10.X2
                11.Blade
                12.Sin City
                13.Superman
                14.Daredevil(the directors cut)
                15.Batman
                16.Batman Returns
                17.Batman Forever

Comment

Difficult for me to see as I love almost every comic book based movie...almost.

It would probably be a three way tie, between Batman Returns, Spider-Man 2, and The Incredible Hulk.

Comment

Batman, Batman Returns, X-Men (the first movie, only)

Comment

1) Incredible Hulk- fav character, they picked the best to be Banner in Norton
                      2) Spiderman 2- actually better than the first and blows away the third- great movie
                      3) Iron Man- not the biggest fan, but Downey Jr so good (not a fan of him either) and the story/action so well balanced- great movie
                      4) Superman/Superman2- best early SH movies, lots of inspiration!
                      5) TDK- not a huge Batman fan, but this movie blew me away!
                      6) X2- best Xmen movie IMO- love the casting of who's who
                      7) Spiderman- actually saw this back-to-back at the theater in one night!
                      8) Hulk- Ang Lee did great with the story, but Hulk wasn't made correctly- although the tank throw rates as one of my fav all-time scenes!
                      9) Batman Begins- sold instantly on Bale as Batman.
                      10) Xmen- solid start for the mutants.

Comment

1) Iron man
                        2) Spiderman II
                        3) Spiderman
                        4) The Incredible Hulk
                        5) X-Men: X-Men Untied
                        6) Superman
                        7) Superman II
                        8) Batman Returns
                        9) The Mask
                        10) Watchmen

TDK does not make my list becuase the movie was too depressing and dark to me.
                        Hmm..my views on this hav changed somewhat,

1) Spider-Man II
                        2) Batman Returns
                        3) X-Men: X-Men United
                        4) Iron Man
                        5) Superman II
                        6) Blade
                        7) Hellboy
                        8) Spider-Man
                        9) Batman
                        10) Iron Man II

Comment

1. Superman: The Movie
                          2. The Dark Knight
                          3. X2
                          4. Superman Returns
                          5. Iron Man
                          6. Spider-man 2
                          7. Hulk
                          8. Incredible Hulk

Comment

1. The Incredible Hulk (for some reason, I loved every second of it)
                            2. Spider-man 2
                            3. Batman Begins
                            4. Iron Man
                            5. Kick-Ass

Comment

Hulk and X men movies
                              Superman and Spiderman movies

Comment

Watchmen, the dark knight, scott pilgrim vs the world, sin city, gantz, xmen first class,batman begins, capt. America,

Btw spidey is my fav character and I hate the spiderman movies. He didnt act like the peter parker/spiderman I know and love. He wasnt cracking jokes or anything he was just a goofy weird dude who reminds me of the creepy suporvisor I used to have who always stared at us.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎