Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's everyone's top comic book based movies?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

1) Iron man
    2) Spiderman II
    3) Spiderman
    4) The Incredible Hulk
    5) X-Men: X-Men Untied
    6) Superman
    7) Superman II
    8) Batman Returns
    9) The Mask
    10) Watchmen

TDK does ont make my list becuase the movie was too depressing and dark to me.
    Last edited by Degobunny; 02-15-2010, 05:09 PM.

Comment

X-Men 2: X-Men United
      Superman: The Movie
      Superman II
      X-Men
      Spiderman
      Superman Returns

Comment

Batman Begins
        The Dark Knight
        30 days of night
        The Mask
        The Crow
        Blade

not in that order

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
          1) Iron man
          2) Spiderman II
          3) Spiderman
          4) The Incredible Hulk
          5) X-Men: X-Men Untied
          6) Superman
          7) Superman II
          8) Batman Begins
          9) The Mask
          10) Watchmen

TDK does ont make my list becuase the movie was too depressing and dark to me.
          So, wait. TDK is too depressing and dark but Watchmen isn't?

Comment

Originally posted by Tabularasa
            So, wait. TDK is too depressing and dark but Watchmen isn't?
            well yeah, in Watchmen at least some people had a happy ending (Nite Owl II and Silk Spectre II). In TDK by the end of the movie Rachel is dead, Harvey Dent is disfigured (possible dead), and Bruce Wayne is all alone except for Alfred. This on top of Heath Ledger's death, which could have been indirectly inpart becuase of how depressing this film was.

Comment

well yeah, in Watchmen at least some people had a happy ending (Nite Owl II and Silk Spectre II). In TDK by the end of the movie Rachel is dead, Harvey Dent is disfigured (possible dead), and Bruce Wayne is all alone except for Alfred. This on top of Heath Ledger's death, which could have been indirectly inpart becuase of how depressing this film was.
              But at least Batman saved the city and Gordon's children. In Watchmen, not only do Rorschach and several of Dr. Manhattan's associates die, but so does the entire city of Manhattan.

My favorites would be, in no particular order:

The Dark Knight
              Batman Begins
              Batman Forever
              The Mask
              Mask of Zorro
              Spider-Man 1
              The Punisher

Comment

1) the dark knight. Do I really need to explain why? Dark, with the sense of threat being elevated with a complex story and characters that made this THE greatest comic book movie to date.
                2) Batman Begins: A true origin story completely about the character going into his true origins the way the original Batman movie had never done.
                3) Superman : The movie that pretty much showed us all how we can take superhero movies seriously with the true definitive superman, Christopher Reeves.
                4) Iron Man: Another very well directed and prefectly cast movie. Only problem I had was the third act started to fall a bit but it as still amazing.
                5) Spider-man 2: Yeah, this was good. I've had my quips with the Spider-man franchise but Spider-man 2 was a movie about sacrifice and love and how sometimes you have to give it up to do what is right. So amazing. then again it was Spider-man.

Comment

Originally posted by j03superbat
                  But at least Batman saved the city and Gordon's children. In Watchmen, not only do Rorschach and several of Dr. Manhattan's associates die, but so does the entire city of Manhattan.

My favorites would be, in no particular order:

The Dark Knight
                  Batman Begins
                  Batman Forever
                  The Mask
                  Mask of Zorro
                  Spider-Man 1
                  The Punisher
                  I still say TDK was darker. It is not a bad thing, it the way Batman is suppose to be. Plus none of the people involved in Watchmen died of a drug overdose while filming Watchmen

Comment

My top 10:

1. Batman Begins
                    2. Blade
                    3. The Dark Knight
                    4. Spider-Man 2
                    5. Elektra: the Director's Cut
                    6. Mystery Men
                    7. WATCHMEN
                    8. Superman 2
                    9. Blade: Trinity
                    10. X-MEN 2

Comment

I still say TDK was darker. It is not a bad thing, it the way Batman is suppose to be. Plus none of the people involved in Watchmen died of a drug overdose while filming Watchmen
                      thats actually a really distasteful comment. and also the dark knight was done filming when he passed away. the guy couldnt sleep. it wasnt his fault. the dark knight was Heath's swan song and his finest piece of work. he played the role his way and will be recognized for it. but also we shouldnt say it was a depressing movie because he died after filming it because it shows that you never got into the movie for the universe and characters just to see his final performance and respond to it.

Also watchmen was not that great it was decent. the acting was ok but at times i really felt like the actors were just playing their roles they werent actually the characters. thats a flaw most movies make. not to mention the slow down crap Snyder has to pull off in all his movies and you got something that was so average that it makes a middles school kid who has a C average look like a genius.

Comment

Um....wow. Way to disrespect Heath Ledgar. And your facts are wrong. Heath died of an accidental overdose on sleep medication after The Dark Knight. He was already filming another movie when he passed.
                        ----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

I'm also not sure why you think The Dark Knight's theme had anything to do with legar's death. Go and watch any interview with him while filming the dark knight. The guy was ecstatic about it. TDK had nothing to do with his death. Heath had a history with trouble sleeping before getting signed onto TDK. He overdosed on those pills and all accounts have stated it was accidental. But I don't want to start up a Ledgar discussion.

Am I the only one who read and loves Watchmen the graphic novel but felt the film was way too long? The flashbacks in the comic book are great, but in the film it got really old. I remember sitting in the theatre at the Comedian's funeral and thinking to myself, they're not really going to do everyone's flashback are they?
                        Last edited by Tabularasa; 08-26-2009, 03:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

^exactly. i think watchmen was better as a comic but not as a movie. it was waaaay too long and also the best parts were the flashback points of the stories but overall as much as i loved the graphic novel i dint like the movie.

Comment

Um....wow. Way to disrespect Heath Ledgar. And your facts are wrong. Heath died of an accidental overdose on sleep medication after The Dark Knight. He was already filming another movie when he passed.
                            I am not disrespecting Heath Ledger, look TDK was too depressing to be on my top10 comic films. There is no sense in arguing this sense in arguing this.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

I'm also not sure why you think The Dark Knight's theme had anything to do with legar's death. Go and watch any interview with him while filming the dark knight. The guy was ecstatic about it. TDK had nothing to do with his death. Heath had a history with trouble sleeping before getting signed onto TDK. He overdosed on those pills and all accounts have stated it was accidental. But I don't want to start up a Ledgar discussion.

Am I the only one who read and loves Watchmen the graphic novel but felt the film was way too long? The flashbacks in the comic book are great, but in the film it got really old. I remember sitting in the theatre at the Comedian's funeral and thinking to myself, they're not really going to do everyone's flashback are they?
                            Heath Ledger was also depressed,in addition to his sleeping problems. He was filming the TDK while he was depressed.

I love Watchmen. The flashbacks were awesome, especially the starting sequence with the music and going through the different decades.
                            Last edited by Degobunny; 08-26-2009, 05:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

but the thing is that you did dis respect heath.

you said
                              I still say TDK was darker. It is not a bad thing, it the way Batman is suppose to be. Plus none of the people involved in Watchmen died of a drug overdose while filming Watchmen.
                              that is disrespectful and tasteless. and just so you know he wasnt depressed because of his role or the movie he was depressed because he hadnt gotten sleep since before the movei started. he loved his role and the people he worked with he stated it himself. heck after production was wrapped up he said he was excited to come back again. mind your words before you say things like you did.

Comment

1. Superman II (Original Version)
                                2. Superman: The Movie
                                3. Batman Begins
                                4. Batman
                                5. Spiderman
                                6. Wolverine: X-men origins
                                7. X-men III
                                8. Iron Man
                                9. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
                                10. Creepshow

Comment