Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The book Chloe was reading when Jimmy walked in . . .

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The book Chloe was reading when Jimmy walked in . . .

I paused Smallville when Chloe had the book lying flat so you could see the title. The book is called "The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference" by Malcom Gladwell. I've never read the book before, but I looked it up and it said how the book is about our reactions when we've reached our "tipping point" or when we can't take anymore. It also talks about the world and how we live.

I'm probably just being stupid, but it seemed like something both AM and Chloe would read. I bet it's her book in real life.

Ooooh. Yum! Thanks for this bit of trivia. I'm gonna check it out.

Comment

Maybe it's one of the things the writers did on purpose..just a subtle que. That Chloe is having a hard time, and is at a tipping point?

----- Added 31 Seconds later -----

Good catch though!!!
      Last edited by AndiGirl; 05-09-2008, 08:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yep, it was a good catch, thanks. Think it relates to her character or real life, since she's not signed for S8 yet?

Comment

It does seem like a book AM may read in real life.

Comment

I was wondering what Chloe was reading but couldn't make out the title. Thanks for spotting it.

And yeah, I do think that was a subtle thing (like back when Clark used to read books in the Loft and the Talon and they tied into the storyline).

Comment

I may check it out too.....

----- Added 2 Hours and 1 Minutes later -----

OK I just got back from Borders, and I found the book. It's not what I thought it was going to be about. The title IMO is a little misleading. It was kinda like about epidemics and reasons why trends happen and such. I thought it was going to be more along the lines of what "The Secret" was about, positive thinking and stuff.
              Last edited by Eri-El; 05-10-2008, 06:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by A_Chloe.S._Fan
                I paused Smallville when Chloe had the book lying flat so you could see the title. The book is called "The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference" by Malcom Gladwell. I've never read the book before, but I looked it up and it said how the book is about our reactions when we've reached our "tipping point" or when we can't take anymore. It also talks about the world and how we live.

I'm probably just being stupid, but it seemed like something both AM and Chloe would read. I bet it's her book in real life.
                hahaha, ONLY a smallville fan would go that far and investigate, lol.
                but thats cool, I doubt there trying to hint anythingm they would of made it more obvious, but thanks for it anyways

Comment

Originally posted by Eri-El
                  OK I just got back from Borders, and I found the book. It's not what I thought it was going to be about. The title IMO is a little misleading. It was kinda like about epidemics and reasons why trends happen and such. I thought it was going to be more along the lines of what "The Secret" was about, positive thinking and stuff.
                  that's 2 bad. i thought it would be more about philosophy and how we handle ourselves. hmph! the barnes & noble summary lied! oh well. i guess it could still be a book that chloe/allison would read.

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
                    I was wondering what Chloe was reading but couldn't make out the title. Thanks for spotting it.

And yeah, I do think that was a subtle thing (like back when Clark used to read books in the Loft and the Talon and they tied into the storyline).
                    That's right, Clark used to read BOOKS! I don't think his brain could do that anymore. He dumb.

Comment

^^^ lol :-) ya, i haven't seen him read since season 2.

Comment

Originally posted by A_Chloe.S._Fan
                        ^^^ lol :-) ya, i haven't seen him read since season 2.
                        Hmm, now that I think of I can't remember Clark reading since Season 2 either! (a book, that is.) Anyone else know different?

Comment

Does Swann's diary count?

Comment

Yeah I noticed that too...
                            Good observation

Comment

Yeah, I think any prop like a book would be on purpose to show more about the character and what the character was going through. This seems very relvent in what chloe is going though she had to deal with so much this past season.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎