Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lex in front of the clock, Awesome MOMENT

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was also a huge fan of the way this scene was shot. Great CGI effects for the clock, and great cinematography. The camera angles were superb.

And Kudos to MR, great job. I'm looking forward to his work in the next episode, which will sadly be his last.

Comment

Ya that lex moment infront of the clock was great. but i think the excitement and build up was pointless when all that popped out was a little shield lol. i dont know thought something big would happen like it would turn into a robot or something lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Leviathan
        That whole bit about him staring at the clock facing the camera, as the camera slowly panned up close. All I could think at that moment was how much I'm going to miss seeing Michael in this series, his portrayal of a young Lex Luthor is by far the best in any form of media regarding Superman and Lex Luthor.

HATS OFF YOU TO MICHAEL, CONGRATULATIONS ON ALL YOUR SUCCESS WITH SMALLVILLE, AND FOR YOUR EXCELLENT WORK IN GIVING LEX LUTHOR REAL DEPTH OF CHARACTER AND MAKING HIM BELIEVABLE!!!!!!

Hell yeah, Michael rules the Lex character. Not many can play it like that.

Though to be fair Kevin Spacey kinda skooled Michael in Superman Returns, but that is another league of actor altogether.

And John Glover, Lionel...fantastic! Can't believe they've killed him off, though it was bound to happen. Shame though, best actor...gone.

Comment

Originally posted by MozartRequiem
          That scene was so iconic. The way it was shot was amazing too. Very great job to everyone involved. Michael really has given us the truest and best representation of Lex Luthor, not a caricature of evil, but a conflicted man who lets his darkness consume him in his quest to find order in the midst of chaos and trauma.

Very beautiful scene. Cinematic. Epic. Pure Lex Luthor.
          Well said, Mozart.

Michael is so natural in this part; he's had some of the most difficult dramatic scenes, yet has almost always pulled them off in such a way as to make fans forget how hard he works at this. He will be sorely missed by those who appreciate his art. Good luck, Michael!

Comment

He really is something, I don't think I've ever been that convinced by an actor, especially on a tv show, not to mention on a tv show about a future superman... Michael has really made this show worth watching.

Comment

Originally posted by nk_84
              Hell yeah, Michael rules the Lex character. Not many can play it like that.

Though to be fair Kevin Spacey kinda skooled Michael in Superman Returns, but that is another league of actor altogether.

No disrespect to Kevin Spacey, he is definitely one of the best hollywood has to offer, but his portrayal of Lex Luthor was nothing groundbreaking in regards to Lex. Now I'm not really blaming Kevin Spacey as much as I'm blaming Bryan Singer and the writing team, but I 'campy goofy' Lex has always been something I can't take seriously. Spacey's Lex was basically another version of Gene Hackman's Lex and I really didn't care for that either.

Michael Rosenbaum actually made Lex into a character that I could take seriously and at the same time provide a viable threat for Clark.

Comment

i agree kevin spacey was descent but no one can touch Rosenbaum's portrayal of Lex Luthor. He will be sorely missed!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBLUE10789
                  i agree kevin spacey was descent but no one can touch Rosenbaum's portrayal of Lex Luthor. He will be sorely missed!
                  Yeah, but at the same time I truly hope he does well in his future endeavors. He deserves it.

Comment

"Well said, Mozart.

Michael is so natural in this part; he's had some of the most difficult dramatic scenes, yet has almost always pulled them off in such a way as to make fans forget how hard he works at this. He will be sorely missed by those who appreciate his art. Good luck, Michael!"

Thanks, Humdinger! Well-said to you too! Michael definitely has had some of the most difficult scenes, and he's pulled them off so well. Truly a quality actor. I'm so glad he has plans for the future after this as well.

Comment

I have to agree that this was one of the few things I liked about this episode. I liked all the Lex parts actually. The clock scene was amazing. The scene at the end with the fireplace was also great. I just wish it made sense as to how the orb got inside the fireplace to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                        I have to agree that this was one of the few things I liked about this episode. I liked all the Lex parts actually. The clock scene was amazing. The scene at the end with the fireplace was also great. I just wish it made sense as to how the orb got inside the fireplace to begin with.
                        The way I see it that was a special brick that had been constructed around the orb, so when Lionel transported it brick for brick to Smallville not one noticed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra
                          No disrespect to Kevin Spacey, he is definitely one of the best hollywood has to offer, but his portrayal of Lex Luthor was nothing groundbreaking in regards to Lex. Now I'm not really blaming Kevin Spacey as much as I'm blaming Bryan Singer and the writing team, but I 'campy goofy' Lex has always been something I can't take seriously. Spacey's Lex was basically another version of Gene Hackman's Lex and I really didn't care for that either.

Michael Rosenbaum actually made Lex into a character that I could take seriously and at the same time provide a viable threat for Clark.
                          I think the only thing Spacey has on Rosenbaum is name recognition (and a few years). In terms of overall acting "skill", I think Michael did as good (or better) than Kevin with the Lex character. Of course, Michael has had longer to perfect the character.
                          -M-

Comment

I thought Michael did MUCH better than Spacey. Especially in Onyx. That was the most sadistic Lex I have ever seen.

Comment

The best scene of the episode...

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎