Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell are TPTB doing to Chloe?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'all do realise that the show is about Clark Kent, not Chloe Sullivan, yes?
    Heck, she's not even in the core 3 of the show.
    And anyway, it's not like they changed her all at once. It was a gradual change of the character all along season 7 (and even before that bit by bit). About the journalism thing... why is it so farfectched? People's dreams and hopes for life can change, y'know.
    IMO, they're just trying to
    A. Set her up for leaving, and perhaps make her departure tragic in certain ways (this isn't a saturday morning cartoon about huggy bears. not everyone gets a happy ending) or
    B. Set her up for the role she'll have next season, which will be a smaller one, since she'll have to make room for the new big girl on the block, miss Lois Lane (Season 8 - the Lois and Clark of it all - official statement)

Comment

It´s doesn´t matter if she is or not part of the big three, no character should be screwed up, no matter the level of importance
      Last edited by RedKRules; 05-08-2008, 11:15 AM.

Comment

I think that Chloe's character should get cancelled after this season and move Allison to "Heroes" and play as Hiro's girlfriend! YYYYAAAATTTAAA !!!!!

Comment

^^ I agree ......but I think she´d match better with PETER PETRELLI ... nothing against Hiroo ..... he´s sooo cute ....

Comment

lol totally! Heroes would do her character justice!

Ya I think she would be good with Peter...Although I really did like his new Irish girl Caitlin...she reminded me of Chloe in a way lol!

And Aww Hiro is totally cute! I wish Charlie hadn't died, they were adorable!

Comment

We should have a thread voting whose Chloe matched better with, "Peter" or "Hiro"

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander III
                We should have a thread voting whose Chloe matched better with, "Peter" or "Hiro"
                or Ando.

Comment

I love your Avi Rick ^^ .... Ando ????

Comment

Heck just add all the Heroes men in there!

Man that would be a popular topic!

Comment

Originally posted by go_clo
                      lol totally! Heroes would do her character justice!

Ya I think she would be good with Peter...Although I really did like his new Irish girl Caitlin...she reminded me of Chloe in a way lol!

And Aww Hiro is totally cute! I wish Charlie hadn't died, they were adorable!
                      Totally agree with this ......

Yes that was so sad ....... ..

btw what are we discussing again ?

----- Added 55 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by go_clo
                      Heck just add all the Heroes men in there!

Man that would be a popular topic!
                      Good idea ....
                      Last edited by RedKRules; 05-08-2008, 12:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by RedKRules
                        I love your Avi Rick ^^ .... Ando ????
                        I really like yours, RedKRules!

Comment

Then how about matching Clark w/ Claire?
                          And best of all, match that crazy Lana w/ insane Sylar. That's a perfect couple

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander III
                            Then how about matching Clark w/ Claire?
                            And best of all, match that crazy Lana w/ insane Sylar. That's a perfect couple

Comment

Chloe Sullivan

The character that WAS central to the show Smallville itself besides Clark. She has been in nearly EVERY episode.

In high school she was editor of the Torch, the person who was at once a friend to Clark and the one who could expose his secret to the world. TPTB(The powers that Be) have purposely dumped on her character for years.

It started right after the Spring Formal Dance when Chloe's nightmare came true and Clark said he would not let it happen. Instead it did.

Get Clark and Chloe close together and then yank them a part. It was a sick game developed from that point on. I could list episode after episode of this happening.

FEVER, BLANK, VESSEL and so on.

It was like a joke. A sick joke on the fans of Chloe Sullivan and the man who is to become Superman.

We get some episodes that are beyond awesome like JUSTICE and then thrown back into Siberia Nuclear Winter with episodes like SLEEPER.

TPTB hold the yo-yo string and we are the yo-yos. Clois fans be warned, if TPTB are like this with Chloe Sullivan, if Allison leaves the show Lois will be their new target. Lois & Clark the TV show was all about getting Clark and Lois close and then yanking it away. They (Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher) however did it well and believably executed why they did not get together right away. I hold out no hope for Smallville.

Chloe Sullivan is an original character. When I saw her for the first time sitting and talking with Clark I had NO IDEA that she was going to become my favorite on the show. She was just Clark's friend who knew him well enough to predict his quirks. Like not being able to get within 10 feet of Lana Lang without making a fool of himself.

I loved that she was the one to investigate the mysteries of Smallville. The meteor capital of the world. The all the strange happenings after the meteor shower and discovering that the meteor rocks were giving the citizens of Smallville strange powers.

As time went on we discovered that Chloe had a crush on Clark. Episodes like RUSH made that clear. And started to tease us that Clark and Chloe MIGHT become a couple. That was just the yo-yo getting wound up.

Life went on. A new character was brought onto the show. Lois Lane. That as fine. Lex Luthor was already there, why not Lois too.

Then it happened. Chloe discovered Clark's secret. Right in front of her was the mystery of Clark Kent. Alicia Baker, who swore she would never reveal Clark's secret had shown Chloe Sullivan what Clark had been hiding for years.

Alicia did not know Chloe's character very well. She did not use her 'poison pen' to out Clark. Instead she waited for Clark to tell her himself. Which he never did. From that point on Chloe covered for Clark.

The Episode BLANK, made Chloe Sullivan even better to me, and Clark more like a bumbling fool when he did not realize that SHE KNEW. How could he not know. I mean, no memory, his mother was out of town, Pete wasn't there and the next thing he remembers is Chloe on the table strapped down with him protecting her. Can't get more obvious than that, that she was protecting him.

So Clark goes back to not caring if he was ignorant of who knew his secret. Life went on.

About this point Chloe Sullivan has saved Clark as many times as he has saved her.

The worst Chloe Sullivan and Clark Kent moment where they literally SHOW TPTB stringing us along is DEVOTED. Ugh, that was painful to watch. Everything yanked way by Clark's declaration. Just like that. That right there told me what TPTB thought of Chloe Sullivan next to Lois Lane. Worst than Trash, lower than scum, and can be dumped on every week.

Then we get ARRIVAL. Clark finds out that Chloe Sullivan has known his secret for a long time. Again we get a great episode HIDDEN where we get reeled in again. That lead up to the KISS in VESSEL. The string was TIGHT again. So close. Then ZOD happens and a new character joins the Smallville team. Jimmy Olsen. That yanked Chloe Sullivan way from Clark so fast and left Clark ALONE the rest of the season.

At this point the yo-yoers (TPTB) have messed up and the yo-yo is losing strength. It never reaches were it once did. Three quarters of the way (FREAK), half way (BIZZARO), then a quarter (TRAVELER). Yet the strength of the character is never the same again.

Lex Luthor now owns the Daily Planet, Chloe starts to loose her desire it seems to work at the Daily Planet. Her dream since day 1 and starts to go completely against her character. She is increasingly isolated. When was the last time she hung out with Lois Lane? Lois is now brought into play. Chloe is being faded out. A washed out has been and never was compared the MIGHT that is Lois Lane.

Chloe Sullivan's character is being destroyed to possibly set up the New Lois and Clark show. Maybe TPTB are just making what Chloe has feared her whole life finally a reality. That she will go crazy. That she has lost her mental faculties and has lost her mind in some delusion that is as bad as Lex Luthor. Like mother, like daughter. Chloe thinks that Clark is God, and that is why she is devoted to him.

Yep lose her mind and Clark would have to choose between seeing his catatonic girlfriend or his crazy best friend in an institution.

That would be so sad. All that development and investment in a character, just to flush it all down the drain.

To HELL with THAT! Unlike the Chloe the show is portraying I refuse to accept that is all there is. If she is not brought back on track, there will be those in the future that can and will help her character come alive again. She has been brought back twice from the dead. It can happen again after this character assassination.

~Rockgod30

Comment

Wow....that's a longass post

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍