Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chloe tells Clark to kill Lex?!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clark/Superman doesn't kill! Period. Just like in many countries there is no such thing as death penalty, in Clark's mind there is no such thing either. And that's a good thing, because if he did kill people when things got tough, he would be a scary hero, people would know what he is capable of (killing) and would fear him. The situation might be of the kind in JL TAS, where people feared JL because it was so powerful, if they wanted, they could rule so some organization wanted them destroyed.

What's cool about Supes is that despite his all abilities, he doesn't play God like it was said, he doesn't push it too far. But frankly this subject is very philosophical and controversal, because we can assume that there can occur situations when taking away another life could be maybe, I said maybe, justified, for example, when a person's life is in danger and he does it in self-defence but he wasn't planning on killing in the first place.

Comment

• clark doesn't kill people guilty or innocent....hence the nickname Boyscout.

Comment

• Hi Kirstycol,

Originally posted by Kirstycol
        I never said it was an excuse for doing nothing.
        Oh I thought you said the following:

However at the same time even if he killed Lex there would be a power vacuum for someone else to take his place. So he may not really be helping anyone by killing lex
        So if you don’t want to kill Lex because of the possibilities of a power vacuum then what is it exactly you want to do to stop Lex Luther as an alternative to killing him?

I would love to hear your plan because a lot of posters are uncomfortable with killing Lex but haven’t come up with an alternative plan to keep the bodies from stacking up.

What i was trying to say is that maybe killing lex isn't the answer.
        Then what is your answer? On Smallville Clark doesn’t have any ideas and the American justice system can’t stop Lex so what is your plan?

Perhaps compassion may actually change lex, or not. Who knows.
        Huh? Have you been watching the show?

Didn’t Clark try this for years i.e. giving Lex the benefit of the doubt? Lex even had Lana fall in love with him but instead of being honest with her shot her full of drugs, deceived and manipulated her and turned her love for him into hate.

I would say the fact is compassion hasn’t stopped Lex from committing evil acts so it’s time to go to plan B.

It wouldn't matter if what I said made sense to you or not.
        You are jumping to conclusions because you have not presented your idea for stopping Lex Luther let alone one that makes sense. If you have an idea that makes sense not only I will agree with you but if practical I will start using it in real life in the land of bad things.

But it's very short sighted to think that is the only answer. Especially without exploring other alternatives first.
        What are these alternatives of which you speak that will stop Lex Luther from killing/kidnapping/blackmailing/exploiting innocent people?

Cheers Mountain Sniper

Hi ox007,

Originally posted by ox007
        Clark/Superman doesn't kill! Period. .
        Maybe not in the comics but in Smallville he has killed sentient beings across the spectrum from meteor freaks to phantoms/aliens.

And when he hasn’t killed other people have done the killing for him like the Martian Manhunter and Lana Lang and even Lois helped him kill the ginzu knife meteor freak Trevor by shocking him while Clark fried him with heat vision.

Originally posted by ox007
        Just like in many countries there is no such thing as death penalty, in Clark's mind there is no such thing either.
        Not a relevant point. In my home country there isn’t any death penalty either. I would be perfectly happy if Lex Luther could be put away for life instead of being killed but as it has been shown on Smallville the Luthors can beat the Justice system at will so that is not an option.

Anyone given the choice ie an viable alternative to killing would be happy to take it but in the case of Lex Luther there is simply no practical alternative.

I think the reason you don’t see Superman killing more is simply because he has super powers.

I will try to explain my point with a real world analogy:

You are at a check point and there is a line up civilians; men, women and children and you notice the skinny young guy in a dishdash with a strange pear shape and that glassy eyed look that sends up the red flag of a mind that is already in paradise.

You have a few seconds to make a decision regarding lethal force and it usually ends up in tears and violence but it is better than a whole lot of dead civilians.

However if you are Superman you X-Ray the glassy eyed guy and see the 8 kilos of PE9 explosive attached to the 4 kilos of nails smeared with rat poison around his waist. You super speed over and tear off the belt with super strength and throw it into space. Then you take the bomber into custody and hand him over to the justice system that runs the trial and generally takes care of the bomber in the civilized way that also protects the public.

Now Superman trying to stop Lex Luther is in the same position as the soldier at a check point facing a bomber. The super powers and the justice system in Lex Luther’s case won’t stop him so Superman if he wishes to protect innocent civilians is forced to make the same decision that the above soldier faces.

Superman is not just killing randomly or without regard to the situation or as a tool to be used on a regular basis.

Lethal force is only used when there is no viable alternative and innocent lives are at risk and there is nothing wrong with that for anyone including Superman.

In such a situation Superman taking life is not the moral equivalent as Lex Luther taking life.

Cheers Mountain Sniper

Hi jimmyolsenblues,

Originally posted by jimmyolsenblues
        clark doesn't kill people guilty or innocent....hence the nickname Boyscout.
        Please see above explanation and analogy in response to Mr ox007’s comments.

BTW if Clark allows Lex to live and continue to continue to kill innocents at what point will there be enough bodies piled up that his nickname changes from Boyscout to apathetic big dumb alien?

Cheers Mountain Sniper
        Last edited by MountainSniper; 05-13-2008, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• I do not think that the writters were implicating Clark capable of murder just that at this point due to his lack of enthusiasm to embrace his powers that the only alternative would be murder. Kind of like saying hurry up and become superman allready

Comment

• Wow... you are an angry angry little man. You have way too much pent up rage to vent on this forum. I'm not going to waist my breath on you any more. You have your opinions. I have mine. End of Story.

Comment

• Well maybe if Clark ripped off Lex's ****ing legs, it would atleast slow him down, maybe if he partially blinded and partially deafend Lex that would work as well, harder to plot the worlds destruction from a wheelchair with bad eyesight and bad hearing.

Hey, you havent killed him have you?

Problem.

Solved.
              Last edited by TheANIMAL (marcus); 05-13-2008, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• I find it disgusting what they're doing to Chloe... First of all, I hate Jimmy with a passion, always been a Chlark fan, and everything she's been doing lately has been out of character.

Comment

• Besides all points, if Clark kills Lex now, he will never be in the future as Superman's greatest adversary, so it won't make sense anyway, Smallville would be too far off!

Comment

• Originally posted by cole_jossart
                    I find it disgusting what they're doing to Chloe... First of all, I hate Jimmy with a passion, always been a Chlark fan, and everything she's been doing lately has been out of character.
                    I really don't follow how Chloe has been out of character. She's still Clark's sidekick, helping him any way she can, she still has interest in the going's on at the DP, even though she was fired by Lex. She still heavily involved with investigative computer work. She still is concerned that Lex might destroy or take over the world. She still is trying to have a normal relationship with Jimmy because she knows she can't have Clark and that being his sidekick is her best way to be a part of Clark's life.

I really wish when someone says OOC they have something to back it up with.

Comment

• Originally posted by MountainSniper
                      Hi Kirstycol,

Oh I thought you said the following:

So if you don’t want to kill Lex because of the possibilities of a power vacuum then what is it exactly you want to do to stop Lex Luther as an alternative to killing him?

I would love to hear your plan because a lot of posters are uncomfortable with killing Lex but haven’t come up with an alternative plan to keep the bodies from stacking up.

Then what is your answer? On Smallville Clark doesn’t have any ideas and the American justice system can’t stop Lex so what is your plan?

Huh? Have you been watching the show?

Didn’t Clark try this for years i.e. giving Lex the benefit of the doubt? Lex even had Lana fall in love with him but instead of being honest with her shot her full of drugs, deceived and manipulated her and turned her love for him into hate.

I would say the fact is compassion hasn’t stopped Lex from committing evil acts so it’s time to go to plan B.

You are jumping to conclusions because you have not presented your idea for stopping Lex Luther let alone one that makes sense. If you have an idea that makes sense not only I will agree with you but if practical I will start using it in real life in the land of bad things.

What are these alternatives of which you speak that will stop Lex Luther from killing/kidnapping/blackmailing/exploiting innocent people?

Cheers Mountain Sniper

Hi ox007,

Maybe not in the comics but in Smallville he has killed sentient beings across the spectrum from meteor freaks to phantoms/aliens.

And when he hasn’t killed other people have done the killing for him like the Martian Manhunter and Lana Lang and even Lois helped him kill the ginzu knife meteor freak Trevor by shocking him while Clark fried him with heat vision.

Not a relevant point. In my home country there isn’t any death penalty either. I would be perfectly happy if Lex Luther could be put away for life instead of being killed but as it has been shown on Smallville the Luthors can beat the Justice system at will so that is not an option.

Anyone given the choice ie an viable alternative to killing would be happy to take it but in the case of Lex Luther there is simply no practical alternative.

I think the reason you don’t see Superman killing more is simply because he has super powers.

I will try to explain my point with a real world analogy:

You are at a check point and there is a line up civilians; men, women and children and you notice the skinny young guy in a dishdash with a strange pear shape and that glassy eyed look that sends up the red flag of a mind that is already in paradise.

You have a few seconds to make a decision regarding lethal force and it usually ends up in tears and violence but it is better than a whole lot of dead civilians.

However if you are Superman you X-Ray the glassy eyed guy and see the 8 kilos of PE9 explosive attached to the 4 kilos of nails smeared with rat poison around his waist. You super speed over and tear off the belt with super strength and throw it into space. Then you take the bomber into custody and hand him over to the justice system that runs the trial and generally takes care of the bomber in the civilized way that also protects the public.

Now Superman trying to stop Lex Luther is in the same position as the soldier at a check point facing a bomber. The super powers and the justice system in Lex Luther’s case won’t stop him so Superman if he wishes to protect innocent civilians is forced to make the same decision that the above soldier faces.

Superman is not just killing randomly or without regard to the situation or as a tool to be used on a regular basis.

Lethal force is only used when there is no viable alternative and innocent lives are at risk and there is nothing wrong with that for anyone including Superman.

In such a situation Superman taking life is not the moral equivalent as Lex Luther taking life.

Cheers Mountain Sniper

Hi jimmyolsenblues,

Please see above explanation and analogy in response to Mr ox007’s comments.

BTW if Clark allows Lex to live and continue to continue to kill innocents at what point will there be enough bodies piled up that his nickname changes from Boyscout to apathetic big dumb alien?

Cheers Mountain Sniper

Well done, a dose of reality that someone couldn't deal with, hence the 'angry little man' comment? I guess the latter was done with 'compassion'.

Comment

• I got one. Put Lex in the Phantom Zone. Problem sloved

Comment

• Nah the Phantom Zone is to good for Lex he needs to be taken into space by SUperman and then film him imploding from the vacum of space

Comment

• Clark really should have killed Lex!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎