This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quotes in Quest (SPOILERS).........

Place them here.

Edward Teague: There are few who can read the inscriptions. But only one with the ability to follow directions.

Clark: How'd you get here?
    Chloe: Oliver's jet. One one the many fringe benefits of being a hero.

Chloe: Whether you like it or not, you were put in this position. Someday you're going to have to play God.
    Last edited by IvanDA; 05-08-2008, 06:02 PM. Reason: Adding Quotes

Comment

Great quotes! Lots of good ones tonight.

Foreign Interpreter: A group of wealthy socialites had this clock commissioned. Do you know of them?

Lex: My father was one of them. Everything he did...every waking moment, every action he made...it was all for one thing: to find the truth. Because of that, I was an orphan long before my father died. I need to know why.

----- Added 30 Seconds later -----

Also, Lex: You don't know what it's like to spend every day of your life feeling like an after-thought.

(took me back to the days when I used to feel sorry for Lex )
      Last edited by MozartRequiem; 05-08-2008, 09:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Clark: All I need is someone killing people in my name.
        Chloe: That's probably how God felt about the Crusades

Comment

"Clark: All I need is someone killing people in my name.
          Chloe: That's probably how God felt about the Crusades"

Awesome quote. It brings to mind how some people ingrain a violent image in peoples' head of Christianity, when Jesus Christ specifically taught us NOT to judge or to kill.

Comment

I love when Lex finally figured it out at the end.

Lex: Above the heart of home, shines the north star... of course...

The music during that line was awesome too. Kick ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch
              I love when Lex finally figured it out at the end.

Lex: Above the heart of home, shines the north star... of course...

The music during that line was awesome too. Kick ass.
              I totally agree with you it was a masterful scene!

Comment

Originally posted by MozartRequiem
                Also, Lex: You don't know what it's like to spend every day of your life feeling like an after-thought.

(took me back to the days when I used to feel sorry for Lex )
                That line cracked me up. I've called myself an "afterthought" on more than one occassion. I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters who were each born 1-2 years after the other. I was born 5 years after the last so I definitely consider myself an afterthought.

Comment

Not a quote, but Lex pulling open his shirt to reveal a Kryptonian symbol was awesome.

Oh, and:

Teague: We have sacrificed everything; years of our lives... for you. You don't want to fulfil your destiny, you don't even want to save yourself!

Something I imagine fans think on a regular basis.
                  Last edited by last man of krypton; 05-10-2008, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Chloe: I won't ask you where you were or why you stood me up, as long as you picked up cheesecake to say you're sorry.
                    Jimmy: Well, the hospital cafeteria isn't known for it's desert menu.

&

Clark: Oh great! All I need is someone killing people in my name.
                    Chloe: That's probably how God felt about the crusades.

Comment

Originally posted by MozartRequiem
                      "Clark: All I need is someone killing people in my name.
                      Chloe: That's probably how God felt about the Crusades"

Awesome quote. It brings to mind how some people ingrain a violent image in peoples' head of Christianity, when Jesus Christ specifically taught us NOT to judge or to kill.
                      I was thinking the same thing when Chloe said that!
                      I was also thinking about how, in the comics, there have been several stories about people 'worshipping' Superman and how he has dealt with it.

Teague: We have sacrificed everything; years of our lives... for you. You don't want to fulfil your destiny, you don't even want to save yourself!

Something I imagine fans think on a regular basis

ha! When Teague uttered that line I thought "there have been many who have said the same for a while now!"

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
                        I was thinking the same thing when Chloe said that!
                        I was also thinking about how, in the comics, there have been several stories about people 'worshipping' Superman and how he has dealt with it.

[/b]
                        ha! When Teague uttered that line I thought "there have been many who have said the same for a while now!"
                        again it appears the writters are making a nod to the fans

Comment

favorite Quest quotes

FAVORITE QUEST QUOTES:

1) Edward: Do you want to confess something, my son? I know what it feels like to be worshipped.

Clark: I didn't ask to be worshipped. Putting me on a pedestal -- that was something Veritas did, not me.

2) Chloe Sullivan & Jimmy Olsen

Jimmy: The symbols like the one hacked into Lex have been appearing around Smallville for years, uh, on cave walls, burned into barn doors, even drawn in the fields like crop circles. It's incredible.

Chloe: No, jimmy, it's a hoax, just like those crop circles in England.

Jimmy: Well, hey, the jury's still out. Those crop circles could have been made by aliens.

Chloe: People have been playing with the Kawatche cave paintings for years, just trying to get on the 6:00 news.

Jimmy: Wow. Get a little competition in the story department and suddenly you go all Scully on me.

Chloe: It's not that. It's just I don't think Smallville is destined to be the next Stonehenge.

3) Clark Kent & Chloe Sullivan

Chloe: Hmm. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Clark, but the writing is literally on the wall.

Clark: You're buying into this whole Naman-Sageeth mythology?

Chloe: After seeing you strapped down exactly like the human sacrifice in the cave drawings? In a word -- yes.

Clark: It wasn't a myth that tried to kill me, Chloe. It was a man.

Chloe: And thanks to you saving him, that man is still out there.

Clark: when Teague was performing t ritual, I realized that on some twisted level, he actually thought he was doing the right thing. He thought he was protecting everyone... from me.

Chloe: Last time I checked, the world was doing just fine with you in it.

Comment

Chloe - "Sorry I couldn't get here faster, but - you know - I have to drive."

Chloe - "I guess skywriting is passe."

Chloe - "I know you don't want to take Lex out but Lex will not hesitate to destroy you when he gets the chance."

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎