Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proof! Without Chloe's help Clark grows a brain.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlwaysRight
    Is that a bad thing? He could still run to her evey now and then when he needs a piece of info, but Clark working for himself will make him look smarter. he also would still run to her for personal issues as well.
    For me, personally, it is not a bad thing. I just know some people really love Chloe! so when I said that I was talking about them and how they would be bothered by it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin24
      I don't think it proves that Chloe is holding him back at all. He holds himself back and that is all that is too it. Though I do not agree that Clark has no balls or is a big dumb alien.

I think I've said it before, if Clark did all the work then Chloe wouldn't appear in much of the episodes anymore.
      And that's exactly the reason why she is holding him back, in order to give Chloe something to do, TPTB are sacrifising the reporter's side of Clark. He will be a star reporter in the future, he doesn't need Chloe to do his research.

Comment

I agree, Chloe should be put aside now because it's high time for Clark to grow his investigative-reporter self without much help from others. In future he is supposed to be better than Chloe and Chloe is not in CK's future so it's high time to start putting her to shadows, sure he should be still friends with CK but the writers should end him using her all the time period!
        Last edited by ox007; 05-05-2008, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by All about Clark
          Sometimes I think Clark is overwhelmed, like it is just too much. I think he uses Chloe as in trying to cope with situations. I think he knows what to do. Like in going back to Krypton, he knew at the same time she knew it, it just it felt too big at the time, and later he took the mindset of letting history change. Things are more doable for him when he knows the outcome isn't acceptable.
          Yep, which is why I think he hasn't become 'superman yet', and don't worry about it. I just enjoy the show. I don't mind Clark using Chloe for help, although I do wish he'd figure out how to be more computer literate on his own.

Comment

Originally posted by chlo-el
            I... Clark needed the info. that Lois had in order to go after Lex. He went to AUJimmy in the similar way that Clark has gone to Chloe but since Jimmy is an iconic charcter it's ok but when it's Chloe she's babying him. Go figure.

And AULois slightly pushed Clark in similar ways that Chloe slightly pushes Clark to go save the world. And when Chloe is in trouble Clark does find things on his own so he can save her, an example of that is Cure. And Clark started to look for the reasons that AULois went to jail so he can save her also.
            Completely Agree! AUlois was acting EXACTLY the way Chloe does with CLark in the RW, (except that her attraction to him was a little more obvious.) There was no difference between AUlois and Clark compared to RWchloe and Clark in the scene at Jimmy's apartment. She was on the computer showing and telling him all that she knows, and she was the one telling him what to do. She even had to dress him and pin the Press Pass on him and explain what to say if anybody questions the female name tag (was AUlois being like a mommy, there? )

It's the same few people who keep saying that CHloe does his thinking for him! That may be your opinion but i think you need to stop trying to shove it down everybody's throat, WE"RE NOT BUYING IT!

Have you counted the number of times that Chloe and Clark complete each others sentences while figuring things out? It's called "brainstorming"!

We have seen Clark fight on his own and figure things out on his own all the time, except where Lana is involved in any way --then he becomes immobile, with emotional confusion and self-guilt, and the writers have shown us the complete dichotomy in this respect between Lana and CHloe.

(They have shown us even more in recent episodes that CHloe's role is the complete opposite of that! )

Lana's effect on Clark:--------- Chloe's effect on Clark:

immobilization-------------------action

emotional confusion -------------prioritize, focus,

self-guilt -----------------------self-worth
            Last edited by Khyla; 05-05-2008, 08:42 AM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

Quote from Mortal:

Clark: Can you disrupt the signal? That might shut the grid down.

Chloe: Well, I could try, but that could take hours.

Clark: Chloe, I already told him I had the serum.

Chloe: Can't you see if he can give you more time?

Clark: He's not a more time kind of guy.

Chloe: You can't just walk in there without your abilities. The lasers would cut you to pieces.

Clark: There might be one other way. Can you find out where the signal's coming from?

Chloe: What are you gonna do?

Clark: Whatever it takes.
              Chloe and Clark are clearly brainstorming in this episode. Clark brought up the idea about disrupting their power source. Chloe may handle the technical aspect of things but it is not uncommon for Clark to come up with solutions to whatever problem they are dealing with in a given situation. It is a partnership. Are there episodes in which it appears that Clark is asking him to think for him? Perhaps. But for the most part, they work together. She doesn't think for him....

Comment

Originally posted by Kalista
                Quote from Mortal:

Chloe and Clark are clearly brainstorming in this episode. Clark brought up the idea about disrupting their power source. Chloe may handle the technical aspect of things but it is not uncommon for Clark to come up with solutions to whatever problem they are dealing with in a given situation. It is a partnership. Are there episodes in which it appears that Clark is asking him to think for him? Perhaps. But for the most part, they work together. She doesn't think for him....
                Agreed. Great example.

Comment

Clark is finally a man.

Comment

i think clark blames himself not just for lana, but for everyone ever infected with kryptonite. never being born gave him a relief and allowed him to flourish, i really hope we see a changed clark now.

Comment

Clark has always been a man. He is flawed but when it comes to making crucial decisions, he does the right thing.

Comment

Well without Chloe he's always lost and confused. Finally saw what he did without anyones and guess what, he ended up dead.

Comment

^Interesting perspective, but I saw it as a no-win scenario. And a major difference is that Clark didn't control the fortress so he was expendible. In the RW scenario, Braniac needs Clark alive to operate the fortress, I guess this would put the power in Clark's hands, whereas Clark had no power with Braniac in the AU.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadistic
                            Well without Chloe he's always lost and confused. Finally saw what he did without anyones and guess what, he ended up dead.
                            Maybe that should prove that you can't be a hero by yourself. You need someone's help and support.

This is way they need the JL.

Comment

I think having someone to talk to and bounce off each other is important for anyone including Clark. In the RW, it's Chloe, but it was obviously Lois in the AU. I think his interacting and discussing things with humans is very helpful and allows him to feel grounded and part of the human society. I think they've always shown Clark to be scared of being alone, being isolated.

Comment

Originally posted by All about Clark
                                I think having someone to talk to and bounce off each other is important for anyone including Clark. In the RW, it's Chloe, but it was obviously Lois in the AU. I think his interacting and discussing things with humans is very helpful and allows him to feel grounded and part of the human society. I think they've always shown Clark to be scared of being alone, being isolated.
                                I know I think the same. That's why I get bothered by so many people trying to get Clark be by himself more and doing evrything on his own. That's exactly what Clark doesn't want he doesn't want to be alone. And it doesn't do him any good. We all need people.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎