Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep. 3.14 - Long Distance Caller

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmmm....I don't know how I felt about this episode. I gave it a 7 though. It started off really good, and to me the whole episode has a season 1 feel to it (hunting down the monster of the week and all). I like how they're showing Dean growing more and more desperate as time is winding down. He's really changed from the beginning of this season. From "Oh I don't care...I'll be smiling at the Gates of Hell" to "Im scared shitless, Sammy".

And call me mean, cold-hearted or what, but I actually was dissapointed when the kid didn't get hit by the truck. I figured they'd go that far but I guess not. Same goes for Dean nearly killing that man, but really it didn't make a difference. And I was doing some research (thanks wikipedia) on Crocottas and it says that they're dog/wolf-like creatures and I was hoping to see something along those lines, but then again it also says that in some legends they can change their appearance and gender and stuff. It just seemed really lame that they portrayed it as a human to me. I think the Wendigo from S1 is the closest thing to a monster we'll actually get to see on this show until they increase the budget, I guess. And I don't know if it's been explained but how did the Crocotta know about Dean's deal, seeing as how he's not a demon?

Comment

Originally posted by Ginx
      ah well, it's my sweetie who's out of town so he called me after Smallville but forgot about SPN being new lol - so he said he was sorry and didn't keep me long - Got to love people that respect other people's shows hehehehehe
      Oh well then thats okay then! Always time for he bf!

----- Added 32 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by MarieJATW
      yeah he was on smallville. he played roger nixon in season 1 (the guy who was trying to expose clark to the world and got trapped under the mobile home w/jonathan, a.k.a. also the guy lex shot.)
      Ah yes! I knew I wasnt seeing things lol
      Last edited by Lexgirl33; 05-04-2008, 12:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

It was another good episode, not the best but still good and a little creepy. I didn’t think of Clark as being the Crocotta, I thought it was Stewie as soon as I saw him. That guy was dirty in so many ways. Next week’s look a lot better, even creepier and really intense.

Comment

for me one of the good episode

Comment

Originally posted by Luv4PhilCollins729
            It was another good episode, not the best but still good and a little creepy. I didn’t think of Clark as being the Crocotta, I thought it was Stewie as soon as I saw him. That guy was dirty in so many ways. Next week’s look a lot better, even creepier and really intense.
            ya i agree. and ya next weeks looks great. seems to be one of the bloodiest episodes.

Comment

This was a good solid episode for me. And I have to ask if anyone else got a Season 1 "vibe" like I did. This episode seemed very Season 1ish to me. The lighting, the mood, we even had Papa Winchester on the phone, a bunch of Dean quips and the boys in suits (very Phantom Traveler!).

I enjoyed the return (at least it felt like the return) of Dean's famous one-liners. So may good quotes from this ep--
              Dean: "You've reached Herman Munster. Leave a message."

Dean: "A crocetta? Is that a sandwich?"

Dean: "What do I say to him?"
              Sam: "Hello?"
              Dean: "Hello? That's all you got?" *gets up and heads to door* "Hello?!"

Crocetta: "Mr. Campbell, Mr. Raimi." (I'm thinking Kripke threw those in!)

And Dean's jailbait line!

I liked Sam's interactions with Lanie (and hey, Sam driving a different car? How weird was that?!), Dean's waiting for John to call and i had my heart wrenched by the father getting a call from his dead child.

Anyone else scream at Sam when he attacked Stewie "it's not him, idiot, it's the other guy!"? It was kind of obvious, at least to me.

One of the great moments though was when Dean was looking up Linda's information and Sam was lounging on the bed, staring out the window or whatever. It seemed a total role reversal, which makes sense.

This was a nice solid ep (and yay for Papa Winchesters 'audio cameo'!) and again, I thought the vibe was very Season 1, which was a nice reminder of how things used to be. You know, before the War and Dean's impending Doom!

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                ya i agree. and ya next weeks looks great. seems to be one of the bloodiest episodes.
                Next week's does look great and I hope it has lots of blood in it. I don't know about you or any of the other folks here but I love to see stuff like that, and the more the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Luv4PhilCollins729
                  Next week's does look great and I hope it has lots of blood in it. I don't know about you or any of the other folks here but I love to see stuff like that, and the more the better.
                  I am exactly the opposite. When i saw the previews I had to keep covering my eyes and I was shouting "oh gross!" I think I'll have to watch tomorrow night's with my eyes squinted so I can shut them at a moment's notice!

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
                    I am exactly the opposite. When i saw the previews I had to keep covering my eyes and I was shouting "oh gross!" I think I'll have to watch tomorrow night's with my eyes squinted so I can shut them at a moment's notice!
                    best way notto be grossed out by that stuff is either watch it non stop or watch behind the scenes making of stuff for things like that. those behind the scenes things show how really lame and stupid the blood and guts are. but of course it takes the fun out of it lol.

Comment

• This episode was good.Liked the plot and how it showed Johns voice again.But not really interesting.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎