This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special effects from Apocalypse

Discuss The effects!

I liked them. Especially the kryptonite bullet shot.

Comment

Smallville always does awesome bullets.

My favorite was the destruction of Krypton and of course Kara stabbing the **** out of Brainiac.

Comment

I thought they were good. Again, I thought they've improved the special effects so much over the course of the series.

The shots of Krypton, the red sun, and Krypton exploding with the ship flying away were pretty good. Not as good as Superman Returns, of course, but at least as good as Superman: The Movie and the same footage from Superman II. (Cool that special effects from the late-70s and early 80s can now be produced on a weekly basis.)

The shot looking down on Earth with the nuclear bombs hitting various targets was recycled from a Season 1 episode, but it was good.
        The shot of the bombs rising in the sky from the farm's perspective was great.

The actual look of the bullets was solid as well- pretty exciting really.

Comment

i liked the alteration to the superspeed where we get to see clark's embodiment while hes speeding its a nice touch aswell as we saw him come behind lois and pick her up ( SUPERMAN STYLE) also the krypton scenes were awesome

Comment

Originally posted by TheLeague
            i liked the alteration to the superspeed where we get to see clark's embodiment while hes speeding its a nice touch aswell as we saw him come behind lois and pick her up ( SUPERMAN STYLE) also the krypton scenes were awesome
            I believe that version of super speed has been shown before but not for A LONG time. Since CW is sh*t, the SFX crew usually just uses the *woosh* sound or Clark in one frame and gone in the next 1 second.

Comment

The effects were pretty awesome, my favorite was the kryptonite bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLastKryptonian
                I believe that version of super speed has been shown before but not for A LONG time. Since CW is sh*t, the SFX crew usually just uses the *woosh* sound or Clark in one frame and gone in the next 1 second.

Bah! curse the CW we need more of this superspeed style now!

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎