Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Traveler?" Didn't they already do that?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Traveler?" Didn't they already do that?

I just got through watching 3x04 "Slumber" and I realized that my suspicions were true: they already used the name "The Traveler". Remember? "Slumber" is the one with Sarah Conroy, the girl who invaded Clark's dreams because her uncle was keeping her in a coma. Her uncle appeared in her dreams as a red hooded figure who they referred to as "The Traveler" because in real life, he wore the medal of St. Christopher, the patron saint of travelers. Isn't that just disappointing? When they started writing the Veritas arc, couldn't they have chosen a word other than "traveler"? Did anyone else already notice this? Do you think they didn't notice this mistake or didn't care? Maybe they were trying so hard to finish writing the arc before the WGA strike that they rushed and didn't notice? Does this ruin it for you? Discuss.
    Last edited by mistaguitarmasta; 04-27-2008, 09:38 AM.

Yes they did use "The Traveler", but it's 2 different story lines so it doesn't bother me.

Comment

good catch, that's mildly amusing

Comment

In season 5, I forget which episode because I have re-watched the entire series again last week, Chloe called him "An Alien from another Galaxy" and Clark says, "I prefer Traveler from another Galaxy".

I did a double take when I heard that.

Comment

I thought in "Hydo" Clark says "I prefer intergalactic traveler" or some thing along those lines.....Great now I'll have to go watch it again....

Comment

Yeah, but that's different. I'm sure the word traveler has been used in a sentence many times. The point is they specifically called someone "The Traveler". Don't you think if they had realized it, they would have chosen another word to use in the Veritas arc? Something like "visitor" or "nomad" or "wanderer" or something like that?

Comment

Yes, that is the one.
              I did a marathon viewing of the Smallville series so I lost track of which episode it was.

Comment

i hope no one starts saying that Clark calling himself 'intergalactic traveler' is some kind of continuity ... it's so just a coincidence

p.s. MY GOD your avatar is funny STFanatic

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Hopefulsuicide
                    i hope no one starts saying that Clark calling himself 'intergalactic traveler' is some kind of continuity ... it's so just a coincidence
                    Haha yeah, I'm not saying that. I just noticed that they used the same word, and it seemed a bit strange to me that they would knowingly do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri-El
                      I thought in "Hydo" Clark says "I prefer intergalactic traveler" or some thing along those lines.....Great now I'll have to go watch it again....
                      Yup, thats what he says.

Chloe says, "Blah blah blah....Alien from another planet!" Then Clark hugs her and she says something like "you had that coming, you know that." and Clark nods his head and says "For the record, I prefer 'intergalactic traveler' over 'Alien from another planet.'" Then Chloe swoons b/c she can not resist that Kent charm.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎