DVD News and Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know why thomas dekker is bald in the special feature interviews?? was he filming another movie or tv show where he needed to be bald when it was time to film the bonus material for the dvd it's very strange to see him without hair?

Comment

Originally posted by krpto
      Does anyone know why thomas dekker is bald in the special feature interviews?? was he filming another movie or tv show where he needed to be bald when it was time to film the bonus material for the dvd it's very strange to see him without hair?
      Yeah, I got mine today and noticed that.

I wonder if it's for the 2nd season.

Comment

T:tscc Uk Dvd

Does anybody know if and what kind of extras are on the UK DVD version. Are the extras similar to the ones on the U.S version?

I would be glad if someone knows for sure!
        Last edited by phoenixforce86; 08-21-2008, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SpACatta
          Yeah, I got mine today and noticed that.

I wonder if it's for the 2nd season.
          He's filming a movie entiled, "My Sister's Keeper" in which he plays someone battling cancer. It's due out in 2009.

Comment

Your thoughts on the T:SCC S1 DVD release

I'm psyched to finally own season 1 on DVD after waiting so long for it! I've now watched the whole series again for the 4th time, and will probably watch it again for the 5th time before the premiere of season 2.

The documentaries are fantastic, the gag reel is hilarious, the deleted scenes are very cool to see, etc. etc. etc.

My only gripes:

1) Commentary tracks for only 3 of the 9 episodes.
            I would've loved to hear commentary on every single episode. The creators of this series are brilliant, and obviously have a huge respect for T1/T2 "lore." I could listen to them talk all day long. Too bad we only get to hear them on 3 episodes.

2) Summer contributes very little to the commentary tracks she's on.
            Lena and Thomas (Thomas in particular) are fantastic on the commentary track for
            "The Turk." Summer doesn't add very much to the pilot or "What He Beheld." She's
            an awesome actress, but not very interesting to listen to in this context. Oh well.

3) Boring menus.
            The only other TV series I own on DVD is "Firefly," which has cool animated menus.
            I was expecting more than just still promo pics for the T:SCC menus. Not a big deal, but animated menus would've been a nice extra touch.

OK, I'm done complaining. This sh*t is awesome.

I'm led to believe the special features are slightly different on the Blu-Ray version. Can anyone confirm?

----- Added 39 Minutes later -----

FYI, my comments were moved here from the General Disussion forum by a moderator. 100% cool and appropriate... I'm just sayin', I've been thrown into the middle of this conversation unexpectedly.
            Last edited by T3CH_N01R; 08-23-2008, 06:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by krpto
              anyone who is buying the dvd is stores but hasn't bought the dvd yet bestbuy is having an exclusive limited edition packaging for the season 1 dvd with the picture of cameron being made as the cover to the tin.
              yeah, i bought mine at best buy, the limited edition packaging looks much nicer, IMO. But that just might be because i think summer glau is fiiiiine.

Comment

I finally recieved my season in the mail on Friday (stupid Columbia House, when I pre-order something , it usually means you send it out on the release date not a week later because you "forgot"). Anyways, I watched the whole season on Saturday and I thought the DVD set was pretty good. I wish they had used a different packaging though since I'm not partial to it. It's the same packaging they used for 'Birds Of Prey', and I really hate the way it looks like a normal dvd movie. I like my TV sets to be large and chunky haha.

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonSite
                  I really hate the "store exclusives" because it does get in the way of those of us who use Amazon affiliates to maintain our sites.

I'd LOVE to write SCC books; but more than that I'd love to do a Heroes book.

Never send cash - I'd rather you just do what you'd do anyway and not cost you anything extra - if you're ordering from Amazon already you'd have been doing that anyway
                  Its my experience that most store exclusives r crap. If u want my business, give me a deal. I think I paid 18.99 at amazon.

As for the set, I wish they would have included the original pilot. While there r never enough extra features for me, I enjoyed the ones provided. With money thats made off from dvd sale and especially those extra money deluxe versions, its just plain foolish not to produced a ton of extra features

Comment

Do you think season 2 will be released earlier like January or even March? I'm hopeing for even better features this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by reobeem
                      Do you think season 2 will be released earlier like January or even March? I'm hopeing for even better features this time around.
                      Seeing as a series usually lasts 22 episodes, and usually until may i doubt we will see series 2 out on dvd till september of next year.

Comment

in australia we only got the dvd release:-( i want the blu ray!

Comment

i bought the uk version of scc on dvd and there where only deleted scenes,but it was not on blue ray

Comment

Season 2 should be out in September of THIS year in the States.

Comment

Amazon has Season 2 available for pre-order. I've got my order in!

Comment

I don't like to order DVDs through the mail. Sometimes the discs come lose and rattle around inside the case and get scratched up. I like to get them from the store on the day they come out.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎