Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? hated it? what did you think of Descent?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it!Liked the clex senes,MR did awsome acting and the ending made me want to cry

Comment

• This was undoubtedly a very intense episode. All the major players were making extremely desperate moves. From the very beginning, with Lex murdering his father in cold blood for a locket that didn't even hold the key, to burning his conscience in the fireplace (played by the immensely talented returning Connor Stanhope as Li'l Lex v. 2.0), Lex's storyline of descending into absolute darkness was told very well. His animosity toward Clark, and Clark's toward him, showed that there is no turning back now -- for better or worse, these two were now and forevermore mortal enemies. Lois and Jimmy's scoobying team-up was fun to watch, and tense, too, considering they almost got turned into reporter-sicles. I was NOT happy that Lex fired Chloe, really for no legitimate reason, and I wish she'd had fought back more in response to that. It was a very sad day for my favorite tiny blonde, indeed. The funeral scene at the end, although wordless, was extremely powerful, as was the conversation between Chloe and Clark in which she told him that all the "father figures" who died for him died for everyone, in helping forge Clark into the world's mightiest superhero. John Glover's message using that kryptonian high-tech flashlight was pretty moving -- it's quite clear now how much Clark impacted Lionel's life for the better, and how much Lionel loved him, and would have done anything to protect him. I'll give this episode 8 out of 10 swan dives off of skyscrapers for being a powerful ending to Lionel Luthor's run on Smallville.

Comment

• Descent is definitely one of the best written and acted episodes of the whole series. I rewatched it recently and realized this episode has some of the very best dialogue of any episode. And the opening scene between Lex and Lionel is just outstanding. Definitely deserves a 10/10.

Comment

• I love all smallville episodes, but the veritas storyline will always be the biggest plothole in the entire series, the whole thing just does not add up.

Comment

• I gave it an 8 for Lionel's death which was way past due and the funeral scene at the end with Lex and Clark. I'm so glad that he died, the man didn't deserve to live.

Thank you Lex, for killing Lionel even though he's your father.

Comment

• In Lionel's vault, we briefly see a copy of Beyond Good and Evil by Nietzsche. That title is a good summary of Lionel's legacy. On the one hand, his firstborn son grews up to become Superman's greatest adversary. On the other, Lionel helped to shape Clark into the man he is becoming in the course of the show. AND, as we later learn in the series, he also had a daughter, who later becomes Red Tornado and a member of the Justice League. So, Lionel helped to create both goods and evils in the world.

Looking back, the opening of the episode was something I long suspected would be coming. It just seemed like a natural conclusion: Lex's final descent into villainy is by killing his own father. However, just because I had long figured it would happen (just not knowing exactly how he'd do it) doesn't change the impact of the scene. Overal, it's a terrific episode. Lionel gets murdered by Lex and the characters reflect on the man, with some trying to uncover the truth that he was murdered. It's only too bad that the guy who killed Gina wasn't sent by Lex. It would've been ironic: Lex tries to uncover the identity of the Traveler, then he kills Gina, only to later discover that she knew who the Traveler is (and was going to tell him).

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎