Collapse
No announcement yet.

Birds of Prey on DVD July 29!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it looks like it ain't good news for BOP's dvd set on the music situation. I've looked it up myself for any early reviews from the bad news posted on the clocktowers main page. On hometheaterforum.com people who got it ahead of release say that the music is gone, theme song & others from the episodes. Just dreadful. Almost makes it look like it ain't worth getting. Very sad. Considering Aimee Allens song wasn't commercially released, you'd think her and her party wouldn't be so hardball about it. This my opinion of course. But someone did say on those boards that she left WB's music label, onto another. So the poster assumed it may have made it harder to deal with. Another review I saw somewhere thought the replacement music ain't that bad on the show overall. But that is one persons opinion. Another said that the unaired pilot was actually in anamorphic widescreen. Haven't heard it anywhere else though.
    Oh, Bestbuy Canada has an BOP exclusive with the set, reprint of BOP comic #68. This doesn't seem to be available in the US and it ain't available on the site, saying its out of stock. I just wished the comic was actually the cancelled BOP one shot TV special that was canned by DC. What are anyone elses thoughts on this sad development?

Comment

Best Buy had an ad out saying that it will be coming out this Tuesday, the 15th. I was so surprised when I saw it was BOP!!!

Comment

Yeah it's crappy news DK2. I just hope they didn't change every single song...that would really blow.

Comment

Originally posted by KKrazy
          Best Buy had an ad out saying that it will be coming out this Tuesday, the 15th. I was so surprised when I saw it was BOP!!!
          Yah now I cannot decide if I want to waste the time and go to meijers at midnight when they might not have it(they have seriously started slacking on thier dvds) or go to best buy around work tuesday wich is a short 12-4 shift so I could run to best buy before or after work.
          Last edited by krpto; 07-13-2008, 10:12 AM. Reason: just noticed a typo

Comment

I got my copy, anyone else?? Where and how much?

Comment

Does anyone know the name of the new theme song on the DVD?

Comment

Originally posted by DK2
                Oh, Bestbuy Canada has an BOP exclusive with the set, reprint of BOP comic #68. This doesn't seem to be available in the US and it ain't available on the site, saying its out of stock. I just wished the comic was actually the cancelled BOP one shot TV special that was canned by DC. What are anyone elses thoughts on this sad development?
                The comic was in my dvd that I got at the best buy here in auburn hills michigan so it is at least available in some us bestbuys.

Comment

So I went ahead and picked up the set today (mine had no comic). Nice box art and disc art, and good space saving packaging without needing to double-side the discs. I think Beauty & The Beast (80's tv series) was one of the first series I've seen to use this design---B&B S1 has 6 single-sided discs in a box that's barely thicker than a single movie-dvd box. The design is so simple and effective it makes me wonder what took them so long to figure this out. It doesn't involve any annoying overlapping of discs either, which some designs use to save space.

The following is based on the Pilot episode only (all I've seen so far):

Picture Quality:

Not the greatest. It's that matted widescreen stuff, with black bars top and bottom. So you need to zoom in to fill your screen up better. This results in loss in quality naturally, and noticeable grain. It's not terrible mind you, but it is in comparison to newer shows like Smallville and Supernatural that are filmed in hd and get anamorphic transfers.

Sound/Music:

Here's the good news. I didn't notice any song replacements in the Pilot. All the ones that played I remembered. The back of the box says "SOME music differs". So hopefully it's just going to be a few songs in the series. Or maybe the pilot was left intact because it's the pilot, and some or all of the other eps have been butchered with changes? Lol, guess we'll see. But so far so good.

Anyway, great show. Just as fun as I remembered it. A must-have.
                  Last edited by Xanderman; 07-15-2008, 10:45 PM.

Comment

unfortunately the subtitles don't tell us what the new theme song is and I haven't heard enough words from it to do a internet search for the songs name.

Comment

I haven't seen the opening credits yet as it didn't play in the pilot. But there was a song playing on the dvd Main Menu/Title screen I didn't recognize and my guess when I heard it was that it would be the replacement theme....am I right?
                      Last edited by Xanderman; 07-15-2008, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Is T.A.T.U.'s song from the episode where Harleen attacks the watchtower still in it?

Comment

So, it is not "I'd Start A Revolution" by Aimme Allen?

Comment

Originally posted by KKrazy
                            So, it is not "I'd Start A Revolution" by Aimme Allen?
                            No that is longer the theme song though it is still listed as it in the credits so we have no idea what they replaced it with until someone who knows the new song tells us.

Comment

Originally posted by Superboy2
                              Is T.A.T.U.'s song from the episode where Harleen attacks the watchtower still in it?
                              I don't think T.AT.U.'s song is in it at that scene, if you are referring to their song called "All the things she said."

I tried doing a search by using the lyrics I can make out to see what the new theme song is but no luck.
                              Last edited by Creed0831; 07-16-2008, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Well, I finally got the set, last one at Best Buy in fact (on its shelf anyway). Just got through the first four eps, loving it so far. Episode 4, despite the repetitive plot that made Smallville's worse episode in "Ageless", really hit the emotions and mainly helped with how the plot with Guy is played and the talents of every actor/actress involved. Picture quality's good (judging from a fullscreen television) and looks like it's simply a non-anamorphic transfer of the original widescreen print, as nothing is cropped when comparing the pilot to a fullscreen download, similar to Return of the Joker's Uncut release and Justice League Season 2.

Only music change I've noticed so far is the opening theme, which even this doesn't bother me at all and I actually prefer it over "Revolution", though everyone should keep in mind that I haven't seen these episodes on television. That certainly has to do with my tolerance over the issue of music changes, I'm quite glad that Mark Snow worked on the score, ties it a lot more nicely into a distant-future spinoff of sorts to Smallville's universe from my point of view. Overall, liking what I see and hear a lot, many thanks to Warner for finally releasing this!
                                Last edited by SSJConan; 07-16-2008, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎