Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love it or hate it: Clana is over.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im a big clana fan, but i accepted that they are not going to be together... BUT i would really like to enjoy watching them first... i mean some of us watches the show because of them... but then again thats my opinion... anyway although i am a clana fan i really think this would drive a wedge in their relationship, i mean shes in some kind of nervous break down and knowing clark this would make him guilty... but wat i havnt figured out yet is how lana would react... there has been a lot of inconsistencies with her character the last few seasons and that just makes me wonder how she would react...........

Comment

Originally posted by StrippedSmile
      It's sad how some Clana fans wont accept that this is probably the end. My being a Chlark fan, I've accepted that Chlark wont be together. Theres no repairing the damage done to the relationship after this, me thinks.
      What's sad is how many times in the past Clana has been declared dead and buried by the Clana-haters on this site, only to find themselves more frustrated after they learn they are wrong.

The end is near for Clana - mainly because next year IS the final season and KK is only going to appear in the first 1/3rd of it. In canon, once Lana learned Clark's secret, she thought he was going to marry her but instead he left. On SV, Clark will leave Smallville at the end of next season hence the relationship must end before that occurs. I don't think any Clana fans believe otherwise - except the deluded ones which are rather few and far between.

I don't think Lana being catatonic is the reason they break up - Clark nor Lana are to blame. What I do believe is that Clark realizes that having someone close to him means that person becomes a target and becomes his most vulnerable point to exploit. I think Lana will realize that too. I think they break up and she leaves. But I don't believe because she's catatonic as a result of Brainiac's manipulations, that Clark will leave Lana.

Comment

Originally posted by Azra-El
        Maybe I am the only one, but I like the Clana relationship. I might be speaking blasphemy, but I do. I have got so thoroughly invested in the Smallville world, universe if you will, that I have unequivocally accepted this relationship. Even though I know that Superman history tells us of a Clark-Lois relationship, I rather enjoy seeing Clark and Lana. Although, their relationship has traversed along a different path these last two seasons it still has been the 2nd best relationship interaction in the Smallville world. The 1st being Clark and Lex. *Azra-El*
        You're not the only one.

I personally feel that so much has happened between Lana and Clark that... I would think.. would have killed Clana. I'll believe it when I see it. Or rather. When I DON'T see Clana anymore. LOL!

The catatonic state seems like a way to prolong Clark/Lana whether KK is around or not. They can continue to use the same stock footage of her, out of it, occasionally smiling a wicked Brainiac smile. Or something. LOL! I wouldn't put it past these writers.

Comment

i'm a die hard clana fan. i think the way the episode would have ended, if the strike had continued would have been, clark flying out of the window as chloe is watching.
          A way for clana to end in my view would be clark finally destroying braniac, but braniac kills lana by making her stop breathing, or something like that. clana ftw

Comment

Originally posted by christina
            Thank you!

And if anyone believe that Al/Miles will breakup clana because they don't love each other anymore, that would be a big mistake and a huge letdown! For those who haven't realized it they have made Lana Clark's Love for 7years it's not going to change whether she's in 2, 11, or 22 episodes next year. They are going to make the Clana breakup this big sacrificial love and whatnot.

...............and if anything, everything that's happened to them this year didn't hurt them but according to Veritas made them stronger.....So I see a sacrificial Clana breakup........
            Yeah, me, too. I'm afraid, they'll part because it's obviously too dangerous to be together and not because they finally understand, that this relationship will not work.
            Originally posted by Jack-El49
            What's sad is how many times in the past Clana has been declared dead and buried by the Clana-haters on this site, only to find themselves more frustrated after they learn they are wrong.

The end is near for Clana - mainly because next year IS the final season and KK is only going to appear in the first 1/3rd of it. In canon, once Lana learned Clark's secret, she thought he was going to marry her but instead he left. On SV, Clark will leave Smallville at the end of next season hence the relationship must end before that occurs. I don't think any Clana fans believe otherwise - except the deluded ones which are rather few and far between.

I don't think Lana being catatonic is the reason they break up - Clark nor Lana are to blame. What I do believe is that Clark realizes that having someone close to him means that person becomes a target and becomes his most vulnerable point to exploit. I think Lana will realize that too. I think they break up and she leaves. But I don't believe because she's catatonic as a result of Brainiac's manipulations, that Clark will leave Lana.
            Totally agreed
            Last edited by Yasise; 04-01-2008, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by christina
              And if anyone believe that Al/Miles will breakup clana because they don't love each other anymore, that would be a big mistake and a huge letdown! For those who haven't realized it they have made Lana Clark's Love for 7years it's not going to change whether she's in 2, 11, or 22 episodes next year. They are going to make the Clana breakup this big sacrificial love and whatnot.
              Thing is they don't love eachother, Clark and Lana seem to idealize eachother and have a relationship built on that

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot
                i'm a die hard clana fan. i think the way the episode would have ended, if the strike had continued would have been, clark flying out of the window as chloe is watching.
                A way for clana to end in my view would be clark finally destroying braniac, but braniac kills lana by making her stop breathing, or something like that. clana ftw
                That would be tragically romantic.

However, after Siren, I can't help but feel a little jipped. Clark was finally starting to open up to Lana more... then nothing. Then this? It kind of sucks. I hope that Street Fighter movie is good. It may have robbed us all of Clana closure.

Not that I blame KK. They've had 7 years.

Comment

Some anti-Lana fans are letting their fantasies supercede what happens on screen and ClarkMan at Lana's knees and distraught about her condition is not the end and certainly they won't get the end they hope for. On the other hand, Lana has already given a warning order when she told ClarkMan she didn't want to hold him back from his obligations to the world or that maybe she wasn't good enough.

The love affair will end, yes, but last episode was not it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack-El49

That's very well said, Jack. Seems plausible to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin le Magicien
                      I was so sure that Brainiac was going to kill her, it was do disapointing.

The funny thing is, Kara left with Brainiac so Lana would be safe (and of course Clark let someone else sacrifice himself to be with Lana, again), but at the end of the episdoe she shows no sign of being better.
                      Why would u want her to die? MOD EDIT
                      Last edited by savingpeoplething; 04-01-2008, 06:07 AM. Reason: Breaking Forum Rule #4

Comment

It's the beginning of the end for the 100 time.But,now one thing is different.Lana will never be safe again if she stays with the future superhero.This time,Brainiac put her in such painfull state that Clark has no choice to let her go after this.I love you Brainiac

What do you think Clark was crying about on her knees?He just realises that he can't be with her nomore for her own safety.I'm sure when she comes on her catatonic state,she will defenetly agree.
                        Last edited by Sweetie; 03-31-2008, 03:19 PM.

Comment

I dont care for Clana. It should have ended in season 5 heck it should have been done with in season 4. but whatever i felt bad for Lana but not for Clark. if Clana is over its a huge upside to my life.

Comment

I don't think it's over I think it's just a speed bump

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

why has't ck proposed?
                            Last edited by smalls27; 03-31-2008, 04:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I am going to out on a limb here, even though I may get slammed, big time. I would rather see Clark and Lana together, than Clark and Lois. There I said it. It is out in the open. I feel at least in the Smallville universe that there is so much history between the two of them, it should't be any other way. As I reflect from Season 1-present. It is a constant push and pull, but it always worth fighting to hang on too. What does the Superman lore tell us; Lana and Pete? Not in this Smallville Universe. I could never see that happening. So why not retcon the Smallville Universe. I know I speak blasphemy, but I must speak that which I know. I have never liked Lois in the comics, or the movies. Although, E. Durance has changed the way I feel about Lois, I still think Clana, is the way of the future.

*Azra-El*

Comment

Originally posted by Azra-El
                                I am going to out on a limb here, even though I may get slammed, big time. I would rather see Clark and Lana together, than Clark and Lois. There I said it. It is out in the open. I feel at least in the Smallville universe that there is so much history between the two of them, it should't be any other way. As I reflect from Season 1-present. It is a constant push and pull, but it always worth fighting to hang on too. What does the Superman lore tell us; Lana and Pete? Not in this Smallville Universe. I could never see that happening. So why not retcon the Smallville Universe. I know I speak blasphemy, but I must speak that which I know. I have never liked Lois in the comics, or the movies. Although, E. Durance has changed the way I feel about Lois, I still think Clana, is the way of the future.

*Azra-El*
                                I would have liked them being happily together for a few episodes before the final breakup. After all this time, since season 1, they've had only two (?) episodes in the beginning of season 5, where they had a little bit of angstfree and happy relationship, and I've had to admit, that they were so cute together.

Now, since "Fierce" they were officially and finally together and I didn't see a happily and angstfree relationship, not even in one full episode. I don't count "Wrath" at all, that was not happy!

I'm not a Clana shipper or a shipper for another relationship in Smallville (I want Clark all alone ), but after all this time of stop and go, I wished they would give them and us, the fans, a little bit of quality time for Clark and Lana. I think, Clark and Lana and we all really deserved it. It would have felt to be a more complete thing in the end.
                                But instead all we got this season was a platonic relationship, no hugging, no kissing, only problems after problems and a sad, open ending????

So it's obviously why all the fans of Smallville are frustrated because of Clana - always pain, angst and frustration, no happiness at all. Who would not want it to be over??

I really hope, it's going to end soon, with Clark going out of it unbroken, but I don't have a clue, how this could be.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎