No announcement yet.

Jon Kent is the real villain!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Kent is the real villain!!

Jon Kent tried to ruin Kal-els life, and in my opinion he got what was coming to him.

In my opinion, many of the people in Smallville are screwed up.

Jonathan Kent: A stubborn jerk, that picks fights with everyone and thinks he always knows what's best.

Martha Kent: She almost seems in need, to have a child. In Fever, Martha said she had hidden the key, because she was afraid that Clark would leave. in Covenent, Crusade and Commencment, Martha got upset and wanted her son for herself and not him going away.

Pete Ross: He holds a (childish) grudge against the Luthors, because they bought his family's corn factory. In Hero, Pete claimed the Luthors were behind his parents divorce, which is extremely childish, blame someone else for their problems.

Chloe Sullivan: She is obsessed with FOTW and seems to have nothing better to do. She never seems to be able to mind her own business. She compairs herself to Woodward and Bernstein, which I just don't get (I know who they were, but don't get the tie Chloe makes with them).

Lana Lang: She saw her parents die, when she was three, something she's used dozens of times as an excuse. She wore a neckles around her neck, made from the meteor that killed her parents for like 13 years. She holds a very childish personality and often cries. When the Talon was to be thorn down, she got upset because that's were her parents met. I mean, get over it, you can't save and keep everything from the past. Based on her life, I'd say she needs therapy. Something I don't think Nell (Who I felt was obsessed with keeping up appearances) sent her to, after the death of her parents (no therapist in the world would suggest, that Lana should wear the meteorite around her neck).

The same goes for most of Smallville's characters: They need therapy, but they (or people around them) seems to think you can just get better.
    Last edited by jon-el87; 05-30-2010, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J-BOM
      Jon Kent tried to ruin Kal-els life, and in my opinion he got what was coming to him.
      John Kent was simply trying to protect Clark. From his point of view, this mysterious alien voice was trying to break up their family and you couldn't really blame him as such. The methods that Jor-El used to make Clark give in to his destiny were a little extreme (trying to choke Jonathan to death for example) so this increased their distrust for Jor-El.

Comment

Woah he ruined Clarks life, because he wanted to stop his son from ruining his life?
        The kid was hanging around metropolis robbing banks, blowing up police cars, and dealing with mobsters! That hardly sounds like who he is destined to become.

About Jor-El: He also knew that Jor-El resurrected a human girl, gave her abilities, planted false memories in her head, and used her to LURE Clark to the caves.
        So is he just supposed to go along with what Jor-El wanted and hoped it would turn out alright in the end? Yeah right.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by jon-el87

Pete Ross: In Hero, pete claimed the Luthors were behind his parents divorce, which is extremely childish, blame someone else for their problems.
        Oh, my, did he really?
        Last edited by LuthorKent90; 08-31-2008, 01:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

bite your tounge!!

Comment

I think the fact you consider Jonathan Kent a villian humorous! I mean you have to respect a man who raises and alien from another planet to respect the world he lives in rather than conquer it!

Comment

You can't be serious! Jonathan Kent was anything but a villain! He was the real SUPERMAN on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by J-BOM
                You must have lived Davis's young life.

Comment

Originally posted by superdoomsday
                  You can't be serious! Jonathan Kent was anything but a villain! He was the real SUPERMAN on the show.
                  I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                    In my opinion, many of the people in Smallville are screwed up.

Jonathan Kent: A stubborn jerk, that picks fights with everyone and thinks he always knows what's best.

Martha Kent: Unable to bare children (in a society, that looks down on women, that can't be mothers), she almost seems in need to have a child. In Fever, Martha said she had hidden the key, because she was afraid that Clark would leave. in Covenent, Crusade and Commencment, Martha got upset and wanted her son for herself and not him going away.

Pete Ross: He holds a (childish) grudge against the Luthors, because they bought his family's corn factory. In Hero, pete claimed the Luthors were behind his parents divorce, which is extremely childish, blame someone else for their problems.

Chloe Sullivan: She is obsessed with FOTW and seems to have nothing better to do. She never seems to be able to mind her own business. She compairs herself to Woodward and Bernstein, which I just don't get (I know who they were, but don't get the tie Chloe makes with them).

Lana Lang: She saw her parents die, when she was three, something she's used dozens of times as an excuse. She wore a neckles around her neck, made from the meteor that killed her parents for like 13 years. She holds a very childish personality and often cries. When the Talon was to be thorn down, she got upset because that's were her parents met. I mean, get over it, you can't save and keep everything from the past. Based on her life, I'd say she needs therapy. Something I don't think Nell (Who I felt was obsessed with keeping up appearances) sent her to, after the death of her parents (no therapist in the world would suggest, that Lana should wear the meteorite around her neck).

The same goes for most of Smallville's characters: They need therapy, but they (or people around them) seems to think you can just get better.
                    Do you have a problem with women who can't bare children? Jonathan was boring and opininated, but he certainly wasn't a tyrant. But i totally agree with you about Lana, Nell, and Pete. Especially Pete. Sheesh!

Comment

Originally posted by superdoomsday
                      Couldn't have said it better myself

Comment

Jonathan was one of the things at first that held Clark back from his destiny. After he died, Clark seemed to take more of a vested interest in his Kryptonian heritage.

Comment

IMO, Jonathan had his good sides (protective of his family) but he was also consumed by envy, jealousy, and hate. His enemies were the all the rich and powerfull. The blue blood so to speak. He didn't like Lex from the beginning just because he was a Luthor. Also, he was very cruel. He didn't allow Clark to save Lex from Belle Reve even though they were still best friends at that time. And not caring for anything that happened outside of his own farm: he didn't allow Clark to save humankind and search for the stones in seeason four - especially the stone in Lionel's prison would have been a child's play to get but he talked his superpowered son out of it (and thus Lex got it and gave it to Bridget Crosby). Again and again we see Jonathan giving the wrong advice to Clark because his mind was so clouded by his hate. And even in the end he runs for Senator not because he knew it will benefit the country (couldn't even keep his own farm out of the red numbers, he could not seriously have assumed he knew how to lead a country), or because he had a good plan or idealistic motive (save the dolphins or something). No, his reason for running for Senator was that Luthor should not get it. Pure hate, pure jealousy. There was always a lot of evil in his heart.

I don't understand why all the character in SV see him as good and kind. Especially Clark should be aware how evil, selfish, and short-sightened his father was under all those double standards, holier than thou attitude, and hypocrisy.

We still see Jonathan in season 10 and I can't help it: I don't trust him at all.

Comment

^ Amen! Jonathan was not a hero and he was not a villain--he was very much an average human being. I sometimes feel like he caused some of the problems in Clark's life too, but doesn't everyone.

The thing I disliked most about Jonathan is how judgmental he was, especially of Lex. Seriously, what did the guy ever do to you (other than accidentally run your son off a bridge but are you seriously going to blame the guy for that)?! What a horrible spot to put your son in: between your own opinion of the Luthors and his friendship with Lex! Instead of telling him that all Luthors sucked, maybe you could have sat him down and told him WHY you didn't trust Lex, then left it up to Clark to find his own way!

Jonathan was very controlling of Clark's life and I understand that it was all out of love and that he just wanted to protect his son but there are consequences to his actions and the consequences were that Clark could never fully befriend Lex. I have to wonder if Lex would have turned out differently if Jonathan hadn't been around to show his disapproval of the Clark-Lex friendship all the time.

Comment

My real feelings about Jonathan Kent

Originally posted by Chandu.Lahari
                              ^ Amen! Jonathan was not a hero and he was not a villain--he was very much an average human being. I sometimes feel like he caused some of the problems in Clark's life too, but doesn't everyone.

The thing I disliked most about Jonathan is how judgmental he was, especially of Lex. Seriously, what did the guy ever do to you (other than accidentally run your son off a bridge but are you seriously going to blame the guy for that)?! What a horrible spot to put your son in: between your own opinion of the Luthors and his friendship with Lex! Instead of telling him that all Luthors sucked, maybe you could have sat him down and told him WHY you didn't trust Lex, then left it up to Clark to find his own way!

Jonathan was very controlling of Clark's life and I understand that it was all out of love and that he just wanted to protect his son but there are consequences to his actions and the consequences were that Clark could never fully befriend Lex. I have to wonder if Lex would have turned out differently if Jonathan hadn't been around to show his disapproval of the Clark-Lex friendship all the time.

My thoughts exactly!! Now you know why I never liked Jonathan Kent myself, and for the same reasons as you, that you just pointed out. And you said it better than I could. when I was reading your words, it felt like you were seeing right through me because what you just said in this post I felt too. And I still feel that way about Jonathan Kent. So thank you for speaking out my true feelings about the character Jonathan Kent because I couldn't say it better myself. I just wish that Jonathan would just die so Clark could step out of his shadow and become his own man for once and not be so influenced by his fears, opinions and hypocrisy. I have a strong feeling that if Jonathan was out of the way and out of the picture for good in seasons 1 and 2 that Lex would have turned out differently because he wouldn't have to put up with that judgmental attitude, disrespect, disapproval, hatred and anger. It's kinda of nice seeing Jonathan being kind to Lex at the ending of season 2 because he wasn't so nice to him throughout seasons 1 and 2. Only to see him fall back into that rut with Lex again in season 3 in the episode Asylum when he told Clark not to save Lex from Belle Rev. It kind makes you wonder who was the better father because both Lionel and Jonathan were both very controlling in their own way regarding their own sons. Since they don't know how to be good fathers themselves given the fact that their parents weren't perfect either. Lionel's and Jonathan's parenting methods and parental tactics differ from each other, but in some ways quite similar to each other as well just not in the same way. Because Lionel is less smothering and overprotective where as Jonathan is excessively smothering and overprotective. Lionel is shown to be a parallel to Jonathan and Martha in extreme parenting on this show.
                              Last edited by laurarawlins; 07-12-2015, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎