Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it?Hated it? What did you think of "Veritas"?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In hindsight, I feel like this should've been the finale to the seventh season. You have Kara flying off into the unknown with Brainiac. The scene at the end with Clark and Lana feels like a death scene, with Chloe standing in the distance crying. The episode would've also retained it's original ending: Lex murdering Lionel (which they moved to the next episode, "Descent"). It could've been a terrific finale. Sadly, the strike ended with enough time for five more episodes, that were really rushed and not very good (not a fan of Jimmy playing 007).

Had this been the finale, they would've had months to figure everything out for season 8. Where did Kara and Brainiac go (the bit they did was rushed to resolve it and didn't motivate why Brainiac needed Kara)? They would've had time to figure out something great. No Lex finding out Clark's secret and disappearing (later being killed off, revived and having all his memories erased). Instead, we would've gone into season 8, with Lex having simply left Smallville. Off on a quest for the traveler and a way to either control or destroy him. Mention him a few times, have Tess or someone talk with him on the phone. And no (Kryptonite infected) Super-Lana. She simply dies at the end of "Veritas" and we then meet Clark again, in S8, where he's started to move on and find out where Kara and Brainiac went.

Comment

• Add Lionel's murder and this episode would definitely have been a better finale than Arctic. The last 5 episodes of season 7 had some great moments (Lex's descent, most of Apocalypse, the Da Vinci code vibe in Quest), but they had to address the cliffhangers of Veritas and come up with new ones for Arctic and it threw the whole rhythm of the season off. And the whole uncertainity over Gough, Millar, Rosenbaum and Kristin leaving didn't help matters.

Regarding Lex, as I recall, they shot some scenes of him at the Arctic for Veritas: Lex located the Fortress at daylight and started walking towards it (For some weird reason, the CW included them in the trailer for Sleeper). I think that was supposed to be the final scene of Veritas. Could be wrong, but I think the Clark/Lana scene at the asylum was shot after the writers' strike ended and replaced the Luthor scenes that had to be removed. I wish one of the DVDs included the original version of this episode.

Comment

• Originally posted by jon-el87
        In hindsight, I feel like this should've been the finale to the seventh season. You have Kara flying off into the unknown with Brainiac. The scene at the end with Clark and Lana feels like a death scene, with Chloe standing in the distance crying. The episode would've also retained it's original ending: Lex murdering Lionel (which they moved to the next episode, "Descent"). It could've been a terrific finale. Sadly, the strike ended with enough time for five more episodes, that were really rushed and not very good (not a fan of Jimmy playing 007).

Had this been the finale, they would've had months to figure everything out for season 8. Where did Kara and Brainiac go (the bit they did was rushed to resolve it and didn't motivate why Brainiac needed Kara)? They would've had time to figure out something great. No Lex finding out Clark's secret and disappearing (later being killed off, revived and having all his memories erased). Instead, we would've gone into season 8, with Lex having simply left Smallville. Off on a quest for the traveler and a way to either control or destroy him. Mention him a few times, have Tess or someone talk with him on the phone. And no (Kryptonite infected) Super-Lana. She simply dies at the end of "Veritas" and we then meet Clark again, in S8, where he's started to move on and find out where Kara and Brainiac went.
        I agree with this sooo much.

Comment

• I actually liked the whole Veritas arc even though it ended up being rushed as well as retconning a lot of what had gone before. It was better than the Bizarro arc of the early part of the season even though the portrayal of Bizarro was more entertaining than the portrayal of Clark. The episodes from 'Traveler' through to 'Quest' were very good (except for 'Sleeper' which was largely Jimmy-centric for no obvious reason). We should have got to see more of Lex's descent into true ruthless villainy.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎