No announcement yet.

A new Beginning

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new Beginning

Hey guys, here's the new story taking place after 'Jealousy'. I hope you'll like the first chapter. There's some new surprises along the way, but no Lex in this story =) Yay!. Enjoy, and have a great Easter.

Chloe sat on the window sill of Oliver's apartment, watching the sun dissapear behind the towering buildings and flow of traffic. She was in Star City.

The City of hope.

But lately, Chloe didn't feel like there was any hope for her. It had been four months. What a long four months it had been.

And only a little bit of improvement.

She sighed and slipped off the window sill. She made her way to the kitchen, where Oliver was stuffing his face with the Chinese food he had ordered.

"Want some?" he asked, his voice muffled by the noodles.

Chloe smiled and shook her head. She took a seat opposite him, and crossed her arms across the table. "No Green Arrow duty tonight?" She asked.

Oliver swallowed the lump of noodles in his mouth and shook his head. "Green Arrow is not needed tonight. Thank God." He stuffed another forkfull of noodles in his mouth and smiled.

"Heard from anyone lately?" she asked, her eyes casting down towards the table. She traced circles with her finger and glanced up at Oliver.

He put the fork down and frowned. "No, sorry."

"Understandable." She got up. "I mean, who would want to talk to me after I tried to kill them all."

"I'm still talking to you."

"But you have to."

Oliver stood up as well, his noodles forgotten. "Not true," he replied, grabbing her by the shoulders and turning her to face him. He stared her in the eyes and smiled, slightly shaking her. "I love you, Chloe. You're my watchtower."

Chloe grinned at the nickname.

"And anyway," Oliver continued, "You've made a lot of improvement the past couple of months. I'm proud of you."

Chloe, still smiling, wrapped her arms around him into a tight embrace. "I love you, too." She pushed him away a little. "As a friend."

Oliver raised an eyebrow and pouted. "Damn, and I thought we could be more."

She laughed and punched him playfully in the chest. "Come on, Green Giant, let's go do something."

"Like what?"

Chloe thought for a moment, before a scream errupted from the street. Both their heads snapped towards the window.

Oliver looked back at her and sighed.

"Heroes never get vacation."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The setting sun cast a shadow along the barn. Clark stood at his favourite spot in the farm and looked out at Smallville, a smile creeping up on his lips.

He heard footsteps and turned.

Lana was making her way up to him. "Hey," she greeted.

Clark smiled back, and stood aside to make room for Lana to stand at the window.

They stood in silence for a few minutes before Lana finally spoke.

She lifted her head upwards to him. "I miss her."

Clark nodded, his smile faint, but there. "Me, too."

Lana crossed her arms across her chest and leaned against the wall, staring out at her town. Smallville. The smile lingered on her lips for a couple more seconds, until Clark whipped his head sideways.

"Lois is calling me."

"I can't even hear her. How can you..." She closed her eyes and smiled. "Oh, yeah, superhearing."

Clark brought her into a hug. He kissed the top of her head and cradled her for a few moments before releasing her. "She'll come back." He said, before speeding off.

Lana turned back the scenery before her. She took a deep breathe and closed her eyes again.

She wondered if Chloe was thinking of her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oliver grunted in pain as he hit the wall. He slid down to the cement on his butt and winced.

Chloe stood by, her arms crossed, a small grin playing on her lips. "Still don't want any help?" she asked, a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

Oliver stood up, holding his side. "I said I could handle this guy."

They both looked towards the man they were currently fighting. His large build gave off the impression of a body builder. His eyes were cold, a sickly grey colour. He growled low in his throat, and for a second, Chloe actually backed away.

"You know I can take him out in five seconds."

"Now's not the time for your big ego, watchtower." Despite their situation, Oliver gave her a sideways grin.

The man lunged at them with a roar of fury. He collided with Chloe and Oliver, sending them flying seperate ways.

Chloe landed on top of a nearby dumpster, and grimaced with pain. She put a hand up to her head, which felt like it had been cracked.

The man grunted and ran towards her.

Chloe struggled to slide up the dumpster, but the man had grabbed her leg. He threw her off the dumpster, to the cold cement below him.

Chloe felt the all the air rush out of her lungs in one swift breathe. She attempted to breathe, but every breathe caused pain.

She felt the man's weight on top of her, his hot breathe against her skin. She winced and closed her eyes, fighting back the sudden urge to snap his neck.

He might be a bad guy, but he's still human

She felt his weight get lifted off, and opened her eyes.

Oliver threw him into a wall and grabbed his bow and arrows from his back. "Chloe, distract him!" he yelled, getting the bow into place.

"Oh, yeah, great plan, Ollie!" Chloe snapped, getting up. She stared at the man for a second. "Here boy," she attempted, clapping her hands.

Oliver rolled his eyes. "He's not a dog, Chloe."

The man rushed her.

"No, but he's obeying!" Chloe yelled, jumping sideways as he ran near her.

The man smashed into the wall, blood spurting from his nose. He growled in pain and turned to her, his eyes now red.

"Umm...Ollie?"

"On it!"

The man rushed her once more. Chloe prepared herself for the impact.

But it never came.

The arrow collided with the man's chest, sending him flying backwards. Blood pooled around his body as he started to go unconscious.

Oliver replaced his bow and smiled. "Well, he's down for the count."

Chloe stared at the man. Stared at the blood. "Yeah.." she mumbled, turning away.

"Still wanna do something?" Oliver asked.

Chloe shook her head. "I think i'm gonna hit the sack. I'm beat."

Oliver nodded. "Alright, well, I'm gonna take care of this guy and I'll be home later."

She never answered. She just left.

That night she dreamed of home.

Of Lana.

I hope you liked this chapter.

great chapter! ppms!

Comment

Hey, thanks for the review. I should be updating soon, probably tomorrow, so check back =)

Comment

Wow it's been a while. Should I continue with this story? =P

Comment

I like it.

Comment

aww wat happened to the next chapter??

Comment

Hey guys, I'm back after a very long hiatus. And I do plan on updating this chapter, tonight . Sorry for being away so long, but I promise this story will make it up to you all.

----- Added 2 Hours and 7 Minutes later -----

I'm not sure if anyone cares anymore, but I finally updated. So here it is, Chapter 2. Again, sorry for the long break. Reviews, like always, are appreciated

Lana woke up to her alarm clock buzzing noisily in her ear. She groaned loudly and slammed her hand on the clock, shutting the pop song off. Throwing the covers off her, she placed her feet on the cold floor. A shiver shifted up her spine, and she supressed a shiver. She ran a hand through her hair, messing it up a bit before heading into the bathroom.

After she was dressed and ready, Lana came downstairs to where Clark and Lois were already having breakfast. They were already arguing over something stupid, Lana guessed, as she made her way to the table. She placed her hands on Clark's shoulders and leaned down to give him a kiss on the cheek. "Morning, superboy," she said.

Clark dropped his spoon back into his cereal and gave Lana a sidelong gaze. "How many times do I have to tell you I don't like to be called that." He looked back to Lois and picked up his spoon, pointing it at her. Bits of milk splattered onto the table cloth. "You're wrong," he said to Lois.

Lois sighed and took a bite from her own cereal. With her mouth full, she answered Clark. "I'm right, Smallville."

"Right about what?" Lana asked, taking a seat next to Lois. She grabbed the box of cereal and poured some into an empty bowl. She gave Lois a curious glance.

Lois froze up, and she gave Lana a forced smile. "Nothing. We were talking about nothing." She said, giving Clark a look.

Lana put the box down, her eyes digging into Lois. "What's with you guys? It's like I'm a ghost or something." She looked at Clark now. "Seriously, what were you guys talking about?"

Clark took a deep breath, his chest rising. "We were talking about Chloe."

Lana nearly dropped her spoon. She managed to keep her composure, and she raised an eyebrow. "Really? What about Chloe?"

Lois coughed, and Clark gave her another look.

"Seriously, guys, what about Chloe?" Lana asked.

"I don't think she's coming back, but Lois here is determined to make herself right by saying she is." Clark said, after a long beat.

Lana nodded. She dragged her spoon along the cereal. "I don't think she is, either." She whispered.

"What is wrong with you people?" Lois asked, standing up now. She grabbed her empty bowl and walked over to the sink. She placed it in the sink and turned to the others, her back leaning against the counter. "She's family. She's bound to come back."

Clark shook his head. "Lois, it's been almost four months. We can't expect her to come back, not after what she did." He looked at Lana, who lowered her head.

"So she went a little crazy," Lois said, waving it off. "If you ran off everytime you were exposed to Red Kryptonite, we'd never see you."

Clark got up now as well. "This wasn't just Red Kryptonite, though, Lois. This was a new kind. Purple. And if Lex used it on her, there's no doubt he'll find a way to use it on me."

"We just won't let him." Lois said, pushing herself off of the counter. She walked over to Clark and grabbed his hand.

Clark gave her a loving stare. "Easier said than done." He frowned and turned to Lana. "Ever since Lex has disappeared, I keep staying awake at night just waiting for him to appear." His free hand curled up into a fist. "I just want to kill him for everything he's done, everything he's capable of."

Lois rubbed a hand along his shoulder. "He's probably hiding from Oliver. God only knows what he did to him back in the lab." She smiled at the memory, her heart warming when she thought of Oliver. "She's in good hands with him. He won't let anything happen to her."

Clark nodded, lowering his head as well. "I hope you're right."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chloe smashed into the wall, the wall crumbling upon her impact. Beneath the rubble and dust, Chloe managed to find her way up, waving away the dust that surrounded her. She winced in pain and doubled over, clutching at her stomach. "Dammit, Ollie, you didn't have to throw me so hard."

"Bad guys aren't going to be as generous as I am," Oliver answered, twirling an arrow in his hand. "Now come on, you need to practice your speed." He reached down for his bow, and placed the arrow in it.

"Those are rubber arrows, right?" Chloe asked, suddenly wary.

Oliver shook his head as he cocked the bow, pointing it at Chloe. "It will help you. Trust me." He placed his finger on the trigger.

"Oliver, don't you dare shoot that arrow!" Chloe yelled, holding up a hand.

Oliver pressed the trigger. The arrow shot towards Chloe like a bullet. Chloe moved like a blur as she avoided the arrow. The arrow lodged itself into the wall behind her. Chloe stared at the arrow, her eyes wide.

"Oliver, I'm going to kill you!" She growled.

Oliver loaded another arrow into the bow and cocked it. "See, that's the anger you need to feel when a bad guy is coming at you."

Chloe shook her head. After the incident with the purple Kryptonite, she never wanted to feel that amount of anger again. She stepped towards Oliver. "Don't do it!" She warned, her voice stern.

Oliver smirked and pressed the trigger again. The arrow made its way towards Chloe again, and she dodged out of the way, the arrow once again lodging itself into the wall behind her. A growl erupted from Chloe's throat, and she sped over to Oliver, punching him in the chest.

Oliver flew across the room, dropping the bow onto the ground. He landed in a pile of crates, which exploded when he hit them. He managed to regain himself in a few seconds, and held his arms out. "See, that's what I'm talking about!" He said, clapping.

Chloe's head dropped. "I don't want to do this anymore."

Oliver retrieved his bow from the ground and made his way over to her. "Hey," he said. "You okay?" He placed a hand on her shoulder.

Chloe shrugged his hand off and walked to the other side of the room. "No I am not okay, Oliver." She wiped at her eyes, feeling tears starting to well up in her eyes. "I can't go back to my home, I am getting shot at by arrows, and I miss my family."

Oliver bent down and gently placed his bow down. He walked back over to Chloe and placed another hand on her shoulder. "It's only for a little bit longer, Chloe. Just hang in there. I promise, it's almost over."

"I can feel it, Ollie."

"Feel what?" He asked.

"The meteor. I can still feel it in my veins, just waiting for me to become angry." She whispered, lowering her head.

"Hey, you're like She- Hulk," Oliver said jokingly. After Chloe didn't respond, he placed a hand under her chin and pulled her face up to his. "You're making a lot of progress. All it really is is self control." He held out an arm. "Come here, Watchtower."

Chloe grinned at her nickname and wrapped her arms around Oliver. "What am I gonna do, Ollie?" She asked, her voice muffled by his sweater.

"Don't worry. Everything's going to be alright."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              "Lana, how about this one?" Kara asked, holding up a pink sweater. Lana scrunched up her nose and shook her head.

"I don't look good in pink." She answered as she sifted through the sweaters.

Kara came over to stand by her. "I think you look good in pink." She smiled.

"Says you, but you have to say that." She nudged Kara gently and continued going through the sweaters.

Lois and Clark came into the shop, Lois carrying a tray of coffee. "There's nothing like a day of shopping and coffee." She handed a cup to Lana, and one cup to Kara.

Clark took his and rolled his eyes. "Yeah...real fun." He said, trying to sound enthusiastic.

"Oh, grow up, Clark," Lois replied, smacking him in the chest. Then she pulled her hand away and winced. "Ow!"

Clark grinned. "Sorry."

Kara held up another sweater with her free hand and pressed it towards Lana. "Green looks good on you, too." She said, taking a sip of her coffee.

"Is there anything that doesn't look good on me?" Lana asked, grinning.

"Cocky much?" Lois asked, raising an eyebrow. She grabbed the sweater from Kara and pressed it against herself. "Green was always my color. Comes with being an army brat." She passed Clark her coffee and started towards the changing room.

Kara and Lana started towards the change rooms as well, as Clark stared after them, holding his two hands up. "Hello! I'm not just coffee man!" He sighed and took another look around the store. His eyes widened as he spotted someone familiar.

"No way." He muttered, placing the coffee's onto a nearby counter. He looked around before speeding out of the store.

Lois and Lana came back, Lois dragging the green sweater along. "Fits perfectly. I'm totally buying it."

"And I'm totally borrowing it." Lana replied, laughing.

Lois looked around before furrowing her eyebrows. "Where'd Clark go?"

Kara made her way towards them. "What's happening?"

Lana placed a hand on her girlfriends shoulder. "Can you go find Clark? He sped off without warning."

Kara nodded and gave Lana a kiss on the cheek before speeding off.

"If anyone can find Clark, it's his family." Lois said, taking a sip of coffee. A few drops accidentially got onto the sweater, and Lois swore to herself.

The supervisor came over, her hands folded across her stomach. "And how will you be paying for that?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

Lois gave her the best fake smile she could offer. "Um...Visa?"

Clark stopped outside of the store, panting heavily. He had sped around the entire building, and hadn't seen who he thought he saw. He slammed his hands against the brick wall, sending a few bricks crumbling to the ground.

"Careful, or someone might see you."

Clark turned, seeing Kara standing behind him, leaning against a wall, her arms crossed over her chest. "What do you want, Kara?" He asked.

"Lois and Lana said you sped off without warning. What's going on?" She asked, pushing herself off the wall and walking over to Clark.

"I thought I saw..." He trailed off and shook his head. "Nevermind."

Kara nudged him. "You thought you saw who?" After he didn't respond, she sighed. "You can tell me, Clark."

Clark lifted his head, staring her in the eyes. "I thought I saw... Chloe."

Kara nodded. "Maybe you just really want her back so badly, you thought you saw her."

"Yeah, you're probably right. I mean, there's just no way she's ready to come home yet, right?" He asked.

"She has a lot to do." Kara said, wrapping an arm around his shoulders. "Come on, Lois wants to show you a certain sweater she decided to pick out." She started walking, leading Clark back towards the store.

And from the distance, Chloe stood, watching them, before speeding off into the distance.
              Last edited by Vovkulak; 09-27-2008, 08:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

If anyone's interested in the third chapter, it should be posted soon. Reviews are always appreciated

Comment

Rebekkah, if you could please post the third chapter, that's be appreciated. I'm looking forward to seeing where you're going with this fanfic.... so far, I really like what you've done, especially the banter between Lois and Clark and Chloe's vulnerability; very believable.

Comment

Chapter Three

Here it is, chapter three. Hopefully it's an alright chapter, so I hope you enjoy it.

Lana and Kara strode along on their horses, following the path the forest had made for them. The rain from earlier had made the tracks muddy and slippery, so Lana and Kara were in no hurry to rush along.

Lana pulled on the reins a little, and the horse slowed. She flipped her hair over her shoulders and looked to her left, where Kara was attempting to slow her horse down a little as well. "Just pull back on the reins gently," she said, a grin spreading across her face.

Kara pulled on the reins, not using all of her strength. Her horse slowed to a trot, and Kara smiled, relieved. "This is all so much harder than I knew," she said, turning her head to look at Lana.

Lana shrugged. "It gets easier. It's just a matter of control." She patted her horse's neck.

"Just acting human is odd to me," Kara said, copying Lana's gesture. "Earth is so fragile. Everything I touch breaks." Her smile faded a little, replaced by a frown. "It's so difficult. I'll never know how Kal-" she paused, catching herself. "I mean, Clark, does it."

Lana reached over and grabbed Kara's hand. "It just takes time. Being human isn't as easy as it looks." She cracked a smile and let go of Kara's hand.

They rode in silence for a few minutes, the only sound was their horses hooves stomping into the earth. Kara's head finally snapped up.

"Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?" Lana asked, looking ahead of them.

"Someone's running." Kara whispered, her head tilted a little. "They're heading towards us. Fast." She pulled on the reins and her horse stopped, whinnying a little in refusal. She threw her legs over the horse and started off of it. As soon as her feet hit the muddy ground, a figure blurred past her, nearly knocking her off her feet in surprise.

Lana's horse neighed loudly, raising its torso up into the air. Lana grasped onto the reins desperately. "Woah, Daisy, calm down!" She let out a scream as she was thrown off her horse.

Kara sped to her in an instant, catching Lana's head before it could crack onto the ground. The horse's hooves came down onto Kara's leg, but she hardly felt it. Her stomach curled up as she realized Lana's leg would have broken if Kara hadn't taken her place. "Lana?" She asked, wiping a stray hair away from Lana's face. "Are you okay?"

Lana's heart was beating fast, her eyes wide with shock. She tried to tell Kara she was alright, but no words would come out of her mouth. She settled with a nod, and let Kara help her up. She leaned against the side of a tree, bending down to catch her breath. "I...I think I'm alright," she said after a few seconds. "Who was that?" She lifted her head, staring at the now empty field.

Kara placed a hand on Lana's arm. "Are you okay handling two horses?" She asked. When Lana nodded, Kara leaned over to give her a quick kiss on the cheek. "I'm going after whoever it was."

"You'll never be able to catch up with them," Lana said, then realized who she was talking to.

Kara winked. "I will." With that, she was gone, leaving only a trace of wind.

Lana wrapped her arms around herself and started towards the horses. She knew of only two other people who could run like that, and one of them was at home with Lois.

"Chloe," she whispered, grabbing onto Daisy's reins. She straddled the horse and leaned over to grab the other horse's reins. She clicked her tongue and the horses started trotting along the path. She furrowed her eyebrows in thought. So many questions raced through her mind.

As she started to near the barn where her horses were kept, Lana sped them up a little, suddenly feeling eager to get back home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chloe walked into the apartment, throwing her keys carelessly onto the coffee table. She took off her jacket and hung it up on the coat rack. She ran a hand through her hair and started to turn around.

"Have fun?"

She jumped, startled by Oliver's voice. She twisted around. Oliver was sitting in an armchair, his hands crossed across his lap. A folder was also in his lap, hidden underneath his hands.

"I just went to the store," Chloe lied, shrugging a little.

Oliver nodded. "The store in Smallville, perhaps?"

Chloe's heart dropped in her chest. She took a deep breath. "No." She lied again, grinding her teeth.

Oliver stood up, placing his hands behind his back, the folder still in them. "Clark called. He was checking up on you, making sure you were doing alright. He claims he misses you so much that he thought he saw you a couple of hours ago." Oliver finished, his tongue running along the inside of his cheeks.

Chloe's shoulders slumped, and she finally gave in. "Okay, Okay, I went. But only for a few minutes, I swear."

"Chloe, I don't want to have to lock you up," Oliver said sternly. "Part of the whole deal with this training was that you don't go back to Smallville unless you're ready." His features softened. "I know you think you're ready, but you're not. Not yet, anyway."

"I just wanted to see them." Chloe answered.

"I know." Oliver replied, walking over to Chloe. He placed a hand on her shoulder. "But you might be able to soon."

Chloe cocked her head. "What do you mean?"

Oliver took his other hand out from behind his back, the folder in it, and showed it to Chloe. "You might want to sit down, this will take a few minutes."

Chloe obeyed and sat down in the chair Oliver had previously occupied. Oliver threw the folder to her, and Chloe caught it, opening it and emptying the contents onto her lap. There were a few photographs, and one sheet with scriggly writing all over it. "What's this?" She asked, picking up the peice of paper.

"What you're looking at is top secret information." Oliver started. "Lex Luthor may be missing, but his experiments live on. Recently, Lex's scientists have been experimenting with the purple meteor rocks."

Chloe glanced up at him, her eyes wide. "What?"

Oliver held up a hand and continued on. "His very first experiement, which was you, worked out exactly as he hoped. You followed orders, you didn't feel pain, you would have been the perfect soldier for his growing army. Satisfied with the way things turned out with you, he decided to recruit another person."

Chloe picked up a photograph. In the picture was a young man. Handsome, Chloe thought, gazing at his shaggy black hair and his darkened features. She looked up to Oliver. "This him?" She asked. When Oliver nodded, she went back to looking at the picture.

"The only problem with him was that he wouldn't take orders. He somewhow managed to escape the lab in Metropolis, and was last seen making his way towards Smallville."

Chloe placed the photo down. "Why not let Clark and Kara handle him?"

Oliver held up a finger, as if she had been reading his mind. "This man has been showing a great deal of supernatural abilities, Chloe. He seems to be much stronger than Clark, as you were when you were under the effects of the meteor rock. If he's heading towards Smallville, my guess is that's exactly who he's after." He took a breath and continued on. "That's why you and me are going back to Smallville." He ignored Chloe's look of shock. "If this guys a danger to society, he needs to be stopped. And it's gonna take someone as strong as him to bring him down."

"You need me because I still have traces of purple meteor rock left in my system," Chloe whispered, answering for him.

Oliver nodded. "I know it's a huge risk, but it's one I'm willing to take. And I hope it's one you're willing to take too." He raised his eyebrows, as if anticipating Chloe's answer.

Chloe finally nodded. "I'll help then."

Oliver clapped his hands together. "Great, we'll leave first thing tomorrow."

"Why don't I get there tonight, just in case? It will take you a few hours to drive."

Oliver placed a finger on his chin, thinking it through. He finally nodded. "Alright, but no, and I mean no contact with the others until I get there." He raised another eyebrow, empathizing his point.

Chloe nodded. "I promise, no contact."

Oliver nodded and waved his hand. "Get going then. And if this guy comes around looking for Clark, just hold him off until I get there." He grinned lopsidedly.

Chloe stood up and brushed herself off. "Will do." She started to head out of the apartment when Oliver called her name again. "Yeah?" She asked, turning back around.

"Don't forget. I'm counting on you."

Chloe nodded and headed out of the apartment. She looked both ways before speeding off.

Off to Smallville.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello?" Lana called as she entered the apartment. She stopped, waiting for an answer. "Lois, Clark?" After no response came, she shrugged and went to the fridge to retrieve a bottle of water. She opened it and took a long sip, enjoying the refreshing taste of it as it flowed down her throat.

A knock at the door startled her, and some water spilt down onto her shirt. She swore to herself and placed the water down. She started towards the door and opened it.

A man fell into her apartment, his arms curled up at his chest. He was breathing heavily, and sweat covered his face.

"Oh my God," Lana said, bending down. She wiped some of the man's black hair away from his face. "Are you okay?" She asked.

The man shook his head, and managed to look up at her. His eyes were pleading. "I...need...Chloe...Sullivan." He stuttered in between breathes.

Lana's eyes widened.

"Please!" The man yelled, his body suddenly convulsing.

Lana bent down and placed her arms on his body, to stop him from shaking wildly. When the man seemed to pass out, she ran a hand along his face, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Chloe." She said aloud, as if hoping Chloe could hear her.
                    Last edited by Vovkulak; 10-02-2008, 03:28 PM.

Comment

OMG! I love it!! so sweet that Kara is friendly with Chloe and Lana! I'm glad she saved Lana!

Comment

Thanks . The next chapter should be up soon, hopefully.

Comment

Chapter Four

Lana appeared from the kitchen, a glass of water in her hand. She walked over to the couch where the man laid, his eyes closed. She sat down on the armchair next to him and placed the glass on the coffee table next to him.

The man's eyelids started opening slowly, and he let out a groan of pain as reality hit him. He looked to his left where Lana sat, concern etched on her faces. He attempted a smile. "Not exactly the entrance I wanted to make."

Lana scooted to the end of the chair and grabbed the glass of water. She handed it to him, and he grabbed onto it. He took a small sip and closed his eyes, savouring it.

"Who are you?" Lana asked, narrowing her eyes a little.

"I'm fine, thanks." The man replied sarcastically, sitting up now. He set the water back down on the table and looked at Lana.

"Who are you?" Lana repeated slowly. "And what do you want with Chloe Sullivan?"

"You know her, don't you? Last I heard, you two were inseperable." He grinned a little, and raised an eyebrow.

Lana ground her teeth, keeping her eyes focused on the man. "What's your name?"

"You never answered my question," he stated. He sat back, placing his hands on top of his head.

"I asked you first," she replied, raising an eyebrow. She crossed her arms across her chest, waiting.

The man finally sighed and sat forward. "My name is Tyson. I need help, and I hear that Chloe Sullivan can help me."

"What exactly is this problem?"

Tyson rolled his eyes. "I can't tell you that." He stood up. "Now where's Chloe Sullivan?" He sounded slightly agitated as he looked around the apartment.

Lana stood up as well. "I don't know anyone by that name."

Tyson jumped forward, grabbing her arms. "You're lying! I know you went out with her, and I'm sure you know where she is."

Lana threw his hands off of her, stepping backwards a little. "I don't keep in contact with her anymore," she answered, her voice trembling. She placed her hand on the counter of the table, trying to keep her balance. "You need to go." she demanded.

"Not until I find her!" Tyson yelled, pointing a finger at her. He lunged forward and grabbed Lana around the neck, lifting her off the ground.

Lana attempted to gasp for breath, her legs kicking in the air pointlessly. Her hands flew up to Tyson's, trying to loosen his grip on her. As she felt her life being taken from her, her eyes started to roll back in her head.

"Put her down!"

The grip on Lana loosened, and she fell to the ground in a heap, hitting the counter. Her hands flew up to her throat, as she took in a deep breath of air. She looked up and saw Kara standing in the doorway, her gaze focused on Tyson.

"You don't come near her!" She yelled, stepping forward.

Tyson grinned. "You can't stop me, human."

Now it was Kara's turn to grin. "Oh, I'm far from human."

She super-sped at Tyson, tackling him to the ground. They both hit the ground with a loud crack, smashing some of the floorboards. Kara straddled Tyson, bringing her fist down onto Tyson's face. His nose poured blood instantly as her fist connected with it. He cried out in pain, his hands flying up to his nose.

Kara got up and ran over to Lana, helping her up. "Are you alright?" she asked, looking Lana over.

Lana nodded. She looked over to where Tyson was groaning in pain. "Did you have to use your powers on him?" She asked.

"Sorry, I lost control of myself for a second."

They both backed up as Tyson got to his knees. With the strength he had left, he stumbled up to his feet. Dried blood stained the bottom part of his face. His eyes glowed a bright shade of purple.

Kara and Lana's eyes widened at the same time. Kara turned to Lana.

"Lana, get out of here," she cried urgently, as Tyson started toward them.

"I'm not leaving you with him!"

As Tyson grew nearer, Kara stepped in front of Lana, shielding her with her body. Her body grew tense as she readied for an oncoming hit.

Tyson raised his fist, the veins in his arms glowing as purple as his eyes. He brought it down onto Kara's face.

Kara flew into the wall, and she quickly became buried beneath rubble and dust.

Tyson turned to Lana, a cold smile appearing on his lips. "And then there was one." He raised his fist, ready to attack.

Kara tackled him from the side, her speed and impact sending Tyson into the corner. He quickly regained himself and started towards them again, a smile still plastered on his face.

Kara took her place in front of Lana, wincing in pain. Her hands flew to her stomach, and she felt a warm liquid running over them. She moved her hands and looked down at her stomach, where a piece of wood was embedded in her side. Her eyes widened but she barely had time to register it as Tyson attacked her with another blow, this time sending her out the apartment window.

She landed with a loud crack onto the cement. She struggled to regain herself, stumbling onto her feet. She placed her hands on a brick wall and leaned against it for support. She looked down at her stomach and with one movement, pulled the piece of wood out. She screamed loudly and fell down onto her knees. Her hearing perked up as she heard Lana's screams. Standing up slowly, she bent her knees, ignoring her body's cries of pain, and leaped off the ground, flying up into the apartment. She didn't even look for Lana as she headed towards Tyson, landing a punch right in the side of his face.

Tyson hardly even noticed as he grabbed Kara's wrist. With one swift motion he snapped it, and threw her into the wall.

Cradling her broken wrist, Kara got up. She gritted her teeth, trying to ignore the pain. She started towards Tyson once more, determination etched in her features.

"Kara stop! He's stronger than you!" Lana cried, begging Kara to come back. "If he can break your wrist, think of what else he can do to you."

"If I don't stop him, no one will." She answered, jumping into Tyson again. They both fell backwards, Kara landing on her broken wrist. She screamed in pain and rolled over onto her back.

Tyson kicked her in the stomach, sending her a few feet in the air. He started towards her again, his fists flexing by his sides.

"Hey!"

Tyson paused and looked over to the door.

"I heard you were looking for me."

"Chloe Sullivan." Tyson said, a smile creeping up on his lips.

Lana's eyes widened. "Chloe..."

"If you want me," Chloe said, "Come and get me." She raised an eyebrow before speeding out of the apartment.

Tyson followed, a blur as he raced after her.

Lana ran to Kara's side, placing her head in her lap. She ran her hands through Kara's hair. "Are you alright?" She asked.

Kara flexed her left hand, her broken wrist already healing. She lifted herself off the ground and stood up, dusting herself off. "I need to go after him."

"No, you're not." Lana demanded, standing up as well.

Kara turned to her. "Chloe isn't like me, Lana. She can't heal right after being attacked by something that strong. If something happens to her it will be my fault." She started towards the door and placed her hand on the doorknob.

"Don't go!" Lana cried.

Kara turned around, her eyebrows furrowed. "Lana, I have to."

"I can't lose you."

Kara's features softened and she took her hand off the doorknob. She walked over to Lana and wrapped her arms around her. "You won't lose me," she said. "But you will lose Chloe if you don't let me go help her."

Lana pulled away from her, her mind wandering to Chloe. She felt her stomach churn and nodded. "Go."

Kara leaned down and cupped her chin, leaning in for a kiss. After a few seconds she pulled away and sped off after Chloe and Tyson.

I hoped you liked this chapter. And don't worry Chlana fans, there will be more Chlana soon...I hope thats not spoiling anything...
                          Last edited by Vovkulak; 10-13-2008, 04:41 PM.

Comment

I so totally luv this story! I haven't gotten around to reading experiment first, as I didn't realize it was a sequel until I had already read the whole thing, but I'm so totally checking that out later. I so totally luv the Chlana and the Lara(?) and the Clois. All your relationships mesh really well. And I don't gag whenever Lana's name is mentioned. Since your Lana, way better than the show's. I luved the comment about how Lana doesn't think she looks good in pink. LMAO. So really awesome chapter, I can't wait for your next one!!!

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Jennifer. It's been a while since the last chapter was posted, and I'm dedicating my day tomorrow to updating all my stories...because I have no life. Hopefully my writer's block will pass by tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎