Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much more stupid can they show Clark to be?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

He could have used his superhearing or x-rayed the place. I didn't expect him to run as soon as he heard some of the noise, but at least use either his eyes of his ears more.
    But maybe he prefers to use the super-toss and was waiting to see who'd show up.

Comment

You would think that superspeed would mean super reflexes. He should be able to hear that dart and react to it, after all, it's not even as fast as a bullet. He could have used x-ray vision and his super hearing as well.

If they had wanted to be creative they could have had Pierce set a Kryptonite trap at the barn when Clark was away. That would have made more sense.

The Clark right now is like a supersonic jet with the acceleration of a brick moving uphill.

Comment

NoSupe, that would have been the ideal fighting back. I like it when Clark is shown as ultra, ultra powerful. They rarely show him that way.

Comment

What do you mean stupid? Clark was in his home and had no reason to be actively using his powers. That means he wasn't intentionally "super-hearing" for any possible intruders. When he notices movement his first instinct was to say "Lana" because, HELLO, she's living with him people! Of course he will assume it is her at first. So when he gets shot with the krypto-laced taser guess what? He gets weakened! He tries to put up a fight but because he is focused on the one person, guess what? He's not thinking there are others with the same kind of weapon. Maybe this experience will teach him to be mindful of surroundings, prepare for whatever, blah blah blah...

Seriously, there was nothing to complain about in this episode except the exclusion of Shelby. Where the heck is she?

Comment

it definately could have been a better scene, but i still think its plausible that he was caught

i mean he doesnt always have his super hearing tuned in, but maybe when he saw the shadow, he could have tuned it in and heard all those heart beats pumping away.

but he still wouldnt have been caught, there were enough of them, and they all had kryptonite guns to slow him down.

plus, clark is always wary of using his powers because he doesnt want anyone to see them... so he would only use them at the last minuite

it should have been a longer more action filled scene... alot more of those guys should have been taken out before Clark... peirce's statment 'i can see why they want you' was a little dry... tbh Clark didn't do any better than a human in that situation

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
              They could have made him get captured in a better way. They should have forced him into giving himself up by threatening the lives of Chloe & Lana (like Morgan Edge did in Phoenix with his parents). The way he was captured was purely pathetic. At this point, they should show him to be stronger, wiser, and the one doing the saving.
              I think this is your best scenario, Xray, and yeah, I agree, they should stop making him such a pussy. Sooner or later he's gonna have to use his super powers as they were meant to be used. The problem is TPTB. They just don't want to see Clark grow up. And I still say that when you have different writers every week, writing eps about something they haven't followed through the years, you're gonna wind up with this stuff - lack of continuity, fluctuating personalities, and a story line that's all over the place with no resolution.

Comment

I Would Say Clark is still young and not matured enough to anticipate the upcoming events of trouble.. yet the real truth is

smallville people need something regarding on clark cuz otherwise the main character becomes a useless.we all want to see some action. i think everybody here wants clark to be able to fly and do the real superman thing..

JUST GIMME ONE GOOD REASON WHY THEY DIDN'T WANT CLARK TO FLY FOR 7 SEASONS??

veritas will be the final hope..

looking forward to it..

~*MagMind*~

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
                  The town was hit with two meteor showers, both carrying meteors filled with kryptonite. The town is the "Meteor Capital of the World."

Not really.

I'm really surprised, CK could actually "grow-up", w/ all the CONSTANT exposure. He's got to be building "some" immunity, to the stuff by now ?

Comment

Well I do agree with Xrayvision that TPTB have made Clark too stupid at times.

And I do agree with whoever said that Clark wasn't prepared because he was at home, what he considers safe.

But those tasers were electrically charged and would have messed up his thinking and would have had him not able to focus properly. He should have used superspeed, but if you can't think straight then that would explain why. With the kryptonite next to his skin he would have felt the effect of the taser. But yes in my own mind I was yelling run Clark. But that's because we knew he would be caught, right?

Comment

it was okay but when clark throws pierce and then calls for back up and then the green K electro string thing misses him and hits the wall he sees it and turns around and then as he steps he gets shot in the back, At that point i was just thinking why didn't he super speed out of the barn to see whats happening, obviously somethings going on which isn't good if i was him when gun tazer thing missed and i turned around i would of just super sped out of the barn to see whats happening then super sped all around beating them up hehe

Comment

Clark was caught off guard alot in the series.But,I would which by now that the writters start to use better approches and specially when it's just a regular guy.He was too easilly captured in that scene.

Comment

Here's my question. The Kryptonite tasers weren't tipped with kryptonite and we've seen the range of Kryptonite throughout the series, so how did they pierce his skin when they were not even travelling that fast?

Besides, remember when he got shot with the Kryptonite bullet? He heard it, reacted to it and tried to stop it. So someone please explain to me how in the hell tasers became so dangerous for someone who can react so fast to a bullet?

Comment

^ plot hole

Comment

Originally posted by NoSupeForYou
                              Here's my question. The Kryptonite tasers weren't tipped with kryptonite and we've seen the range of Kryptonite throughout the series, so how did they pierce his skin when they were not even travelling that fast?

Besides, remember when he got shot with the Kryptonite bullet? He heard it, reacted to it and tried to stop it. So someone please explain to me how in the hell tasers became so dangerous for someone who can react so fast to a bullet?
                              you can pray... beg... demand... send angry letters... and you still will never get kryptonite consistencies

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
                                xrayvision, when you are running a show that's in it's seventh season, and is loved by everybody and no one ever comes up with the silliest nitpicks, come talk to me.
                                While xrayvision has not done that (to my knowledge), it has been done before. It was called Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It went seven seasons, covered a lot of very similar plotlines, and never (I'll emphasize the NEVER) had to resort to the writing shortcomings that Smallville has in order to manage their plots.

xrayvision has provided several alternative capture methods. I think the one about a fake phone call was particularly clever.

The writers are simply being lazy or self-indulgent. Or more likely, both.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎