Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst Movies Ever? (Voice your opinion here)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Movies Ever? (Voice your opinion here)

Seen a movie that made you feel violated in the worst possible way from a creative aspect? add it here with a brief explanation of why.

I'll kick it off with meet the spartans. Oh god, so so terrible; the jokes were generic, outdated and pales in comparison to spending a night watching the naked gun or top secret!

Raise you voice with Hillary Duff (I got a 13 yr old daughter) and that was a terrible movie.
    In the Mouth of Madness (1995)

(imdb.com vote history is very helpful for this thread!!!)

Comment

The notebook. I think I'm the only one that can't stand it.^^

Comment

Originally posted by smallvillefx
        The notebook. I think I'm the only one that can't stand it.^^

No, I'm with you there.

Comment

Originally posted by constantine
          No, I'm with you there.
          If I had a gun...

Comment

Alien vs. Predator 2 - The most cliche piece of trash imaginable. I'm one of those people who ripped Transformers for not delivering on the story aspect, but praised the special effects work (if not the direction). I'm one of those people who ripped Ang Lee's direction in Hulk for being a collosal disaster, but gave him all the credit in the world for approaching the direction/editing of a comic book movie in an original and new way. Alien vs. Predator 2 is one of those rare flicks that is cliche and derivative garbage AND has no redeeming technical qualities AND doesn't even TRY to be original or more than it is. Point of fact, it is crap in concept, crap in execution, and crap in delivery. It is one of those rare films where I can't even make up a redeeming quality. On top of that, it's a film that has such a rich legacy behind it, that it manages to spread its stink onto former greatness. They want to make a third, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how they could possibly put together a finer disaster.

Persona - This has more to do with taste than anything else... Ingmar Bergman's introspective drama is just too damn weird for me, and I had to sit through it three times. I'm an advocate of exposing yourself to new forms of art, even art you don't understand. It's part of the education process... but three times? You ever see a film that you just "don't get", and have nothing really bad to say about it, but you just don't get it? That's me with this film.
            Last edited by Backward Galaxy; 03-20-2008, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Atonement and Silk ..... I want those hours of my life back.......

Comment

Asylum. I was literally the only person in the entire screen watching it. If it hadn't been for the fact I could do whatever I wanted in there I'd have left...

Comment

Originally posted by Ginx
                  Atonement and Silk ..... I want those hours of my life back.......
                  Atonement was awful; the only reason I stayed was because the girl I was on a date with really wanted to see it, and it possibly meant getting laid later. but I didn't. so I really want two hours of my life back, plus the £250 I spent on the night, and all the nice stuff I said to her. Cause being nice really really kills me cause I'm naturally a very cynical and pessimistic person.

Comment

Atonement was awful; the only reason I stayed was because the girl I was on a date with really wanted to see it, and it possibly meant getting laid later. but I didn't. so I really want two hours of my life back, plus the £250 I spent on the night, and all the nice stuff I said to her. Cause being nice really really kills me cause I'm naturally a very cynical and pessimistic person.
                    well, I'm more of a 'hey let's go see Iron Man' date lol.... I watched Atonement because it was supposed to be this great movie that people were talking about - same with Silk. Neither were my cup of tea but I prefer to actually see a movie before giving an opinion on it - some people out there probably loved both the movies - just wasn't my thing is all........

And just my opinion here - although this is by no means an advice thread - you should just be yourself - so then you can find a girl that likes you being the cynical and pessimistic person that you are lol....... trust me on that

Comment

you should just be yourself - so then you can find a girl that likes you being the cynical and pessimistic person that you are lol....... trust me on that
                      They find out anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                        They find out anyway.
                        yeah, yeah they do, which is half the problem.

Comment

yeah, yeah they do, which is half the problem.
                          AHHAHAA - ok, maybe I'm a girl that likes that then because that doesn't bother me. I prefer people to just be themselves right up front - no sugar coating please [shrug]

Has anyone been to http://www.badmovies.org/ lol I think some movies that I wish I had those hours of my life back are listed there.

Comment

AHHAHAA - ok, maybe I'm a girl that likes that then because that doesn't bother me. I prefer people to just be themselves right up front - no sugar coating please [shrug]

Has anyone been to http://www.badmovies.org/ lol I think some movies that I wish I had those hours of my life back are listed there.
                            Then move to the UK - we should talk.

As for movies that should never have been made, another one on teh list is the dolph lungdren punisher movie, which was exponenially worse than the recent travoltafest. Korman's version of F4 should have seen the light of day though,

Comment

How about the "10 minutes of my life I want back because I stopped watching it after that amount of time" thread? Because for me that would be Meet the Spartans. Ugh. Painful.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎