This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

when will the numbers be released?

Comment

I DVR'ed Smallville and Reaper last night to watch basketball. I watched the episode this afternoon. The show was great last night. I really wouldn't be surprised if more people didnt do what I did.

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
        Man that sucks. Here's hoping this is one of those rare instances when the finals give it a significant bump.
        If not, SV just hit a series low (previous: "Prototype" at 3.43). Which is total BS, because "Traveler" was quite possibly the best of the season (neck and neck with "Bizarro").

NCAA definately had a negative impact, and the bad news is that "Veritas" will have to face it as well. But the good news is that we'll likely see a large bump w/DVR numbers added.
        Last edited by ClarkyBoy14; 03-21-2008, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boywithbluehanger
          I think the promotional effort has backfired because recently they've been trying to advertise to long time viewers of SV instead of reaching out to people who don't know what the heck is going on.

It doesn't help that those who never watched Smallville back from 2001-2004 (S1-S3) won't get many of the aspects of the S7 spoiler images in the trailers. They didn't know or care about Pete, they don't understand why many of us think Lionel may/may not still be the MB. And those are/were the most gripping aspects of the last trailers! Sure we loyal viewers were a little bit excited but that type of advertising won't entice new and off-and-on viewers.

Season 5 and 6 were good at more than a few things. One of those were advertising to people who are clueless about the show. The concepts of the shows often introduced new characters as victims of evil schemes and heroes rather than fotw's like Aqua, Vengeance, Cyborg, Arrow, Justice, Aqua, Fragile, Progency, and Subterranean.

Here's a generalized thought by many:
          Traveler did nothing vital to further the storyline other than bring Kara's memory back.
          1. other than what you have stated, why do you believe this? because they are using recurring characters in the promos? they did this for season 5 with brainiac and before, they really did not go into that much depth for storylines like they are doing today

2. i think you are wrong about that statement. i think it did a lot of things as far as lionel's arc, the veritas group, the journal clark got from patricia swann, the motives of lex, and clark ultimately saying no luthor is his friend.

Comment

Don't forget---Thursday was Holy Thursday, an important night for Christians, many of whom were in church while Smallville was on. That's where I was and I DVR'd the episode, just like a lot of folks.

Comment

A generalized thought that virtually no one has stated since the episode aired....is a generalization how, exactly??? I can't see anyone, even new viewers, not seeing more to it than that. We saw the introduction of a society we previously knew virtually nothing about, we saw Kara get her memory back, we saw Lionel's entire character arc develop in significant ways, and we saw Lex getting closer to Clark's secret by finding out about Veritas.
              Based on what we've (viewers) already known, the responses to this episode that are the exact opposite of new discoveries, and the fact that many people either decided to watch something else or that it wasn't that big of a deal to watch SV at all. (The ratings offer me the idea of that interpretation)

Veritas existed almost 2 decades ago, it's over with, and 3 of it's 4 members are dead. Not really missing much there imo. Lionel is suspected to have had the members killed. Again, not surprising since we are aware of how Lionel used to be. The daughter of Virgil Swann informed Lex of Veritas. Lex had her killed. That "end" was never loose - no need for tying. We know that Lionel (for whatever reason) is still protecting Clark...all the "the MB returns" type of news and the posts that may read the same are still unconfirmed by the storyline.

All of Lionel's story in this episode is and already was known by viewers who (I believe) pay attention the show and the trailers. Thus I made my statement assuming the generalized thoughts "of many" (being set viewers that I mentioned in the sentence above).

As for Lex's story with Patricia Swann, it turned out that it ended before it really began.

I like how you mentioned that Lex gets closer to revealing the truth about Clark. Even if that happens (sort of again), most won't/don't expect it to stick since in 7 years of the show he always gets REALLY close and ends up being led astray from his original beliefs (or simply "forgets" *coughmemorywipecough* - S3). Finally, leaving the regaining of Kara's memory, the only necessary nugget to take back from this episode.
              Last edited by boywithbluehanger; 03-21-2008, 04:48 PM.

Comment

I blame "Hero" for being such a sucky episode too, many casual viewers would've been put off to see "Traveler".

Comment

Originally posted by skizzo
                  I blame "Hero" for being such a sucky episode too, many casual viewers would've been put off to see "Traveler".
                  I kind of feel the same way. I was surprised to find out a couple of my friends didn't watch this episode because they felt Lexara (with Kara moving in) and the advertising went too far last episode. They don't read spoilers so they didn't know she was getting her memory restored this episode.

What a bummer. They missed a phenomenal episode

Comment

I find the fact that anyone bought the Lexara ending to be highly hilarious, and I do believe I pointed out after it happened that it was definitely a fake-out. Ah well, I guess we can't hold people responsible for not thinking for themselves and judging books by their cover and all that...oh wait, yes we can and do every day.

Comment

Last place.
                      Thank god we are already re-newed for next year.

"the CW’s depressed Smallville (Viewers: #5, 3.41 million; A18-49: #5, 1.4/ 4)."

3.41 million is too small for such a great episode.

Comment

Yeah, unless areas had games on at the time, it seems to me that the reason why it was low is because of Hero

Comment

I find the fact that anyone bought the Lexara ending to be highly hilarious, and I do believe I pointed out after it happened that it was definitely a fake-out.
                          It was an unnecessary storyline and cheapened the episode. I guess I'm just sorry that my friends who thought it wasn't a good plot didn't have you around to tell them what to think or how to interpret the entire Lexara situation

Ah well, I guess we can't hold people responsible for not thinking for themselves and judging books by their cover and all that...oh wait, yes we can and do every day.
                          Reasonably speaking, moving in with someone is a huge deal. Anyone watching the episode without any knowledge of spoilers could reasonably infer that Lex and Kara would be staying together for more than an episode.

Last time someone moved into the Luthor mansion, she got married to Lex.

Comment

Originally posted by Mar-El
                            Last time someone moved into the Luthor mansion, she got married to Lex.
                            Which made the idea that this storyline was going to pan out all the more ridiculous. Critical thinking based on past plotlines and the direction they've taken this season should have allowed for an easy judgment that it was a fakeout.

It sucks if it affected ratings, but I think it's great that it actually ticked off the whiners so much. I'd like to see more fake-outs of the sort, they deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyolsenblues
                              Last place.
                              Thank god we are already re-newed for next year.

"the CW’s depressed Smallville (Viewers: #5, 3.41 million; A18-49: #5, 1.4/ 4)."

3.41 million is too small for such a great episode.
                              Last place? What's up with that? This episode was freakin' awesome, a lot of people missed out it seems.
                              Originally posted by aqgalaxy
                              Yeah, unless areas had games on at the time, it seems to me that the reason why it was low is because of Hero
                              Gah stupid Hero! I hate Stride even more now

Comment

I think Spring Break, also hurt the ratings. Well, they missed an Awesome episode!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎