No announcement yet.

Landslide Episode Reviews

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landslide Episode Reviews

So, now that Peter has met The Merry Band of HRG Followers, he’s talked some sense into Ted and the two of them plus Claire are off to Windy Fork, Nebraska, Pop 15. But all cannot be well, so the writers stuck Sylar there at the end of the scene, eavesdropping and ready to spoil all their noble plans. Awesome. I just want to know how Sylar knew to go there?

I’d love to see what would happen if Sylar met Mr. Linderman. That would be interesting. Can you imagine Linderman’s powers if he was wielding Sylar as a weapon? I love that he healed Heidi. That woman needed a little gift, what with all Nathan’s put her through.

And we have the return of Kaito Nakamura! Glad we get to see him again, and very glad he ends up being in on the whole thing! Makes him much more interesting. Now I want to know whether the writers had planned all along to keep George as one of the cast or whether the fan response was so great when they brought him in the first time that they wrote him back in? I’m leaning toward them having a master plan from the beginning.

I really got to enjoy Candace and Micah’s relationship. Sure, she was kidnapping him and all, but she was really sweet to him, and he grew to like her in the end. Plus, when he sways back from fixing the votes, Candace looked truly concerned about him. This was a nice little side story while it lasted. Nice job, both of you.

Child!Hiro is so cute! I don’t like or believe the Hiro-sword-instruction montage. But I do like the voice-over additional background we got on Takezo Kensei. Ooh, and I like how they shot the reflection of Kaito’s eye in the sword as he initially unsheathes it.

Second only to Sylar’s trick with the glass when he killed Peter comes his calm upending of Ted’s transport and flat palm to stop it. So cool. Can’t say I was sad to see Ted go, though. Cool power, but dead weight as far as characters go. As long as Peter and Sylar have his power, I’m cool with letting him go. He’s run his course.

Bits and Pieces:

* Peter needs to learn Tai Chi. Seriously, dude, take up meditation. You’re working with some crazy rage.
    * I for one never believed HRG, Ted, and Matt would kill Molly. I’m gullible, but I’m not stupid.
    * HRG and Claire have one of the best father-daughter relationships on TV. This never has any creepy overtones to it. Good job, Jack and Hayden. It’s tough to create the kind of family-love chemistry you guys manage.
    * Funny line: “You’re not going to catch me in a cape. Zippin’ around with my underwear outside my pants.”
    * My favorite line of possibly the entire series comes as Matt and HRG meet up with DL and Jessica: “Didn’t I throw you out a window?”
    * I liked Linderman’s attempted bribe of Jessica, and I loved that Jessica did the right thing and gave up control to Niki.
    * Very cool effect and death scene for Linderman. Very nice.
    * I definitely enjoyed the standoff between HRG and Mohinder in Molly’s room. Can’t wait for the conclusion of the scene!
    * And for the best moment of the episode and one of my favorites for the entire series: Sylar’s “Boom,” from atop the NY building’s roof. Love the simplicity of the line, and love Zachary’s delivery of it.

That's all you get, unless you want to stop by my website and read some of my other reviews!

GG

The episode is awesome.I like this Season Heroes Current Season is not Great as the Story is Repeated.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎