Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How troubling do you find the way Clark went into Lex's mind?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone's reaction upon hearing that Lex might never wake up... was... well except for Lionel, you could almost hear them thinking "the world will be a better place."

It was a very contrived way to have Clark realize there is still good in Lex. *shrug*

Comment

I'm pointing out that no matter how much a cop totally loathes a gang member, he shouldn't be doing the equivalent of cutting an IV tube in his arm or saying that he should be injected with an experimental truth serum with unknown effects when the man is on the verge of death. Sure, the world could technically be a better place without said gang member BUT what does it say about the cop? He just made himself pretty dirty and it makes him judge/jury/executioner.

If it's OK for Clark to cavalierly wave away any concerns about Lex's life then why not just have him shoot people at will? At least he would own his lack of respect for the lives of people he deems evil/animals/unhuman.

Also if one of the main complaints against Lex is his lack of respect for other people's privacy and worth as human beings not lab rats, then I think Clark & co. made themselves look pretty damn hypocritical doing the same type of things they constantly scold Lex for doing. Just because you think someone is a lower form of human than you does not mean you should do it. And it is fairly obvious that Clark's friends do view Lex as a lower form of human.
      Last edited by mobiusklein; 02-20-2008, 07:55 PM.

Comment

There really should have been at the very least some dialogue worked in to address that situation like they did at the end of Combat (Clark taking out his anger out on criminals and using them as punching bags), an acknowledgement from Clark or something. But they didn't, so they dropped the ball on that one. As it stands right now, it's definitely a very troubling thing.

Comment

Originally posted by mobiusklein
          So basically Lex has fewer rights than any other human being? What's depraved for one person is just as depraved if practiced by someone other than Lex. He's not the one who kidnapped Kara and Lois and possibly killing a prisoner during interrogation is something that will get any cop/soldier in MAJOR trouble.

So basically it's OK to kill Lex to get needed info . . . Why not just have Clark kill people like Dexter?
          What on Earth are you talking about? Who is Dexter?

Anyways, Lex got himself killed, no one did that for him. He again was affecting someone else's life for his own desires and that's why he got killed. Clark did nothing to change this. The machine was not putting Lex in further danger. He was beyond saving and had information that could save lives. If Clark hadn't got involved, Lex would be dead, but he did and Chloe knew she had to save Clark and Lex was the lucky recipient. I firmly believe if you are willing to cause a crime, then to deal with the circumstances. After all, when you go to jail, you are losing the right for freedom. Had Lex been a better shot, Lex would be in jail for shooting that guy. As it is, he probably went underground leaving Lex untouched once again.

Comment

i think the reasons for going into lex's brain can be argued as justified, and lets not forget that clark wasnt only risking lex's life, which was unlikely to last much longer anyway, but also risking his own

the only thing that made it wrong for me was that there was no hesitation, no discussion about how weird and scary it could be, and that it was an intrusion into privacy... and he just watched bits of lex's life with a smile on his face instead of focusing on finding the info on the girls...

Comment

Dexter is Dexter Morgan from the show Dexter. He's a serial killer who only kills bad guys.

Comment

I feel that this plot took away the focus from episode Labyrinth, which I can probably say for most of us was a pretty dam good episode. There could have been loads of alternative methods though of Clark finding the location of Lois and Kara.

Comment

I think Dexter is the serial killer of serial killers in the series "Dexter" (from the books by Jeff Lindsay).

I think it would have been weird to have everyone debate morality while Lex lay dying with a bullet in his head. The real debate was whether Chloe should risk her life to save Lex, and they did touch on that. Maybe not enough, but then, it apparently wasn't the primary driver of the story, which was to give Clark a beeline on Kara.

Comment

Originally posted by jazel
                    good point.
                    funny that "THAT", was the ONLY way, to find Kara and Lois.
                    I smell a plot hole excuse just to jam Clark in Lex's head. I'm sure Lionel would be able to track down Lex's credit card usage and get people on the ground near where Lex was found.

But nooo we have to try something that 3 people have died in trying because Clark's that bad of a BDA.
                    Thank goodness we have Chloe.

Comment

Originally posted by mobiusklein
                      After all, I doubt that too many want a cop stomping through their mind w/o permission. Good God, Clark wouldn't LIKE it if Lionel was stomping through their looking to save someone else. Rights belong to everyone.
                      Yes, but this is the Clark who, in the earlier seasons, lied to friends constantly when he had to. Yet if he found out Lex, Chloe, or Pete were hiding something, he freaked out on them. He then went around whining to his parents and other friends about "I don't know if I can trust them now that they've been lying to me..."

He did the same thing with Bart in season six, getting angry about what Bart was up to, with Bart pleadingly trying to explain to him that he would tell him if he could. Clark just decides to dig into that secret on his own. If someone does it to him though, the friendships damaged or over (as with Chloe and Lex)

Comment

Originally Posted by mobiusklein
                        I don't think there should be any hesitation in calling messing with someone's mind with no regard to their health for selfish reasons evil.
                        yeah.. thats a good point

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎