Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep. 3.11 - Mystery Spot

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i love this show. if it was a girl or i was a tivo i would marry it lol.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
    Hi gang! Well, I saw this episode live on Thursday night but due to circumstances couldn't come on to talk about it til today (Sunday).

Anyway, I have to say I loved this episode! It is easily not only one of the best of this season but of the entire run of the series. Everything one can love about SPN--funny, angsty, good music, Dean being Dean, Sam being Sam, the 'Pala!, an interesting hunt, Bobby, the boys having mucho time together and some of the best acting from jared and Jensen that we've seen in a while.

Some highlights:
    1.) the black bra (hee!)
    2.) Asia and Dean's head bob
    3.) The Bathroom scenes. Dean's ten minute gargling....
    4.) Sam snarking at Doris (the waitress)
    5.) Sam lifting the old guy's keys
    6.) the whole scene at the Mystery Spot where Sam is tearing the place apart. (How much emo brooding do you think Sam did over the idea that he was the cause of one of Dean's deaths?!)
    7.) "Sam Winchester wears makeup. Sam Winchester cries during sex." Heh.

When Dean died by being smooshed by the piano did anyone have cartoon flashbacks? I mean, I was waiting for Dean to get up and be all crumpled and make accordian noises when he walked like Wile E. Coyote or something.

Anyone else get suspicious that the Trickster might be in this episode/have something to do with it when he was featured so prominently in the "Then" montage? I mean, sure they showed the boys "hunting things" and all but they kinda liingered on the Trickster, it seemed to me. Sneaky Kripke!

That whole thing after the first Wednesday when Dean stayed dead and Sam started hunting on his own? I know that they were trying to show that Sam becomes like Dean and gets hardened and all that but seriously? I had more of Papa Winchester vibe feeling than Dean. To me it was more like Sam became John than Dean. And that is truly scary!

Now that Sam has agreed to not go after the Trickster (and it has been mentioned by several fans that he would be a great way to get Dean out of the deal!) and he's seen Dean die so many times I suspect that he will try even harder to keep Dean from going to Hell. After 103 Tuesdays I think Sam would truly go darkside if Dean dies again. Hmmm, fic idea there.

So, just a great, great episode. Season 3 has been rocking out loud!

P.S. Anyone else think this must have been an easy one for Jared and Jensen to film. Basically they only needed to learn half the usual dialogue!
    ya jared and jensen bascially probably had to reshoot each scene like 100 times which is something they probably do normally. and dean was only in half the episode so he didnt have much to do.

i hope the dvd has a many deaths of dean feature or easter eggs where they have the deaths we saw and deaths we didnt in easter eggs thrughout all the discs and u highlight an item and you get a clip of dean dying with that item. that would be killer. pun intended lol.
    Last edited by superhippie2000; 02-17-2008, 06:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
      i love this show. if it was a girl or i was a tivo i would marry it lol.

i hope the dvd has a many deaths of dean feature or easter eggs where they have the deaths we saw and deaths we didnt in easter eggs thrughout all the discs and u highlight an item and you get a clip of dean dying with that item. that would be killer. pun intended lol.
      I love this show too and if it were a boy or I was a tivo I'd marry it!

Yeah, I think it would be cute if they showed some of the 'other' deaths of Dean. Or maybe Jared saying "Dean, you can't die. You're just a fictional character!" and Dean sitting up and saying "no, you're the fictional character" a la the 'shortbus' line.

Comment

ya that would be funny. or they could have thrown in an OMG you killed Dean to the trickster and then have dean be like you B@st@rd.

Comment

This episode was good I was shocked the the first two time Dean died and I was shocked when he died and it was 6 months later I love this show.

Comment

Why did Sam tell the waitress she's a bad shot or whatever?

He told her to take lessons somewhere?.......

I don't get it....

Comment

Was that Shelby?

Comment

Love the episode. I was also shocked at first when Dean died, but when the day began all over & he died again it was fun. My favorites were Sam tearing the mystery spot apart with an axe. Dean walks over & we see the owner get blood on his face, & Dean falling in the shower

Comment

I forgot how dark Sam went after Dean died the last time. I wonder if being like that helped him to see how he shouldn't be when Dean really did die? Maybe because of what the trickster did actually helped Sam get ready for the real thing happening.

Comment

Gotta say that this is my favorite episode of SPN

It never gets tired

Comment

Originally posted by Clark/Lois-fan
                      It never gets tired
                      Right with you there!

"Dude, how many Tuesdays did you have?"
                      "Enough."

Love it!

Comment

This episode was definitely an emotional rollercoaster. I like that The Trickster returned. I also liked the Back to the Future reference. I think this is one of my favorite episodes just for the way they showed what Sam went through through all of it. Jared did a great job.

Comment

I loved this episode!!!Loved the plot,Dean dieing was creative,it was hilarious,it showed how sam would live without Dean(by the way i wished it stayed that way) and the Trickster returns!Probably my favorite episode so far.

Comment

This episode, to this day, remains my favorite.

It was the show firing on all thrusters. Funny, filled with drama, and tied into the greater mythos in a subtle way (that became more clear as time went on), this was just fantastic. Also, directed by Kim, which is also a plus.

And frankly the scenes of Sam post Wednesday still make me shiver. I honestly believe that that is some of Jared's best acting, something he does not get enough credit for.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderTheGreat
                              Why did Sam tell the waitress she's a bad shot or whatever?

He told her to take lessons somewhere?.......

I don't get it....
                              On one of the days we didn't get to see she must have been one of the ways Dean died.

I've been re-watching this show since picking it up on Blu-ray and just watched this episode earlier. I forgot just how awesome this episode was. I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard at most of those death scenes.

Comment

It was really nice and enjoyable, except for the part where Sam was on his own for 6 months.
                                That seemed like a bit too much.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎