Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didnt Clark just use his Super-Hearing??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
    Plot device. The episode was about going into Lex's mind, we needed a reason. It made for a good episode so I don't really care.
    well i'm sick of that excuse on smallville... im so utterly sick of 'because otherwise it would have been dull'... there are ways of avoiding plot holes and still having a good episode... but no one in smallville can be arsed cause the fans dont even care

Comment

CK had no idea where Kara was and his Super hearing only goes so far.

Comment

Clarks hearing is not that powerful yet. Not even close. He's no where near the level where he can hear things across an entire city enough to filter out two voices. Sure a strong homing signal like Kara's ship maybe but two people out of millions? No.

And that's just assuming Kara and Lois are actually awake and talking. They could be gagged, knocked out, dead.. No.. as odd as it might seem Lex's memories were his best chance of finding them in the shortest time. Plan B would be to run around at superspeed searching.

Comment

I've really grown to hate the idea of enhanced senses over the years. People really are overestimating their power. Okay, so Kara could pick up an alarm in an earlier episode. An alarm is much louder (and simpler) than two people talking. Not to mention, he'd be looking for two specific voices, in a city of a million people. And that's not counting all the voices coming from radios and TVs.

We also need to separate what Clark knows versus what the viewers knows. As viewers, we know their situation and that they can talk, Clark doesn't. How would Clark know that they're not drugged, gagged or locked in a soundproof room (which they never established that Clark could hear through)? Seriously, so Clark is supposed to run to Detriot and use his super hearing to search for two people, who might not even be able to speak at the moment, for all he knows?

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎