This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

you lucky duck ,lol,

Comment

That's sweet. I'd like to go. I've been saying that I wanted to go on a road trip, but didn't know where to go. That would be perfect. How do I find out where it is?

Comment

I know where it is, but its a private home so i dont like to advertise it. One thing I can tell you, is that the house is smaller than it looks and there is no way that the interior set would fit inside that thing.

If you want the location, pm me.

Comment

They dont film the inside of the house, i heard its a set. They just film the outside.

Comment

when do they film smallville?

does anybody happen to know when they film the show? i want to plan a trip up to vancouver and while i know my chances of seeing it filmed are slim, it sure would be cool to catch a glance!

thanks

Comment

sometime during the summer or late winter i am not sure thought just a guess

Comment

Its actually filmed in Langely which is about 30 min outside of Vancouver, and apparently the street the Talon is on you can drive right down in a town called Cloverdale which is right beside Langely, haven't checked it out myself but i've heard you can drive right down that road. The only shots in Vancouver are the shots when they're in metropolis.

Comment

thedean123 YOUR WRONG NOW they don't use that as the talon. the talon scene are shot at the studio in burnaby at besford studio. they start shooting the premerie around mid july or early aug.. metroplois scenes are shot in vancouver.. burrard area... since season 7 will be based more metroplois since season 7 is the mytho role.. it will be shot here in vancouver most

Comment

Actually i'm not wrong

Comment

I think the exterior shots of the Talon are at a real location. The interior shots appear to be done in a studio.
                      Just like the farm: The exterior shots are at a real farm, the interior shots are at a studio.

Comment

My trip to Smallville.

I just got back from what has to be my tenth trip to Vancouver this year, where Smallville is filmed, and this time I finally remembered to bring my digital camera with me to take a few pictures of some familiar Smallville locations.

The Daily Planet, actually called the Marine Building. Located on the corner Burrard and Hastings Streets in downtown Vancouver, the building was completed in 1930 and is a stunning example of the Art Deco style prevalent at the time:

The outside of the building is covered is carvings like this:

The incredibly detailed main entrance:

A better picture:

Building lobby:

The ridiculously detailed elevators:

The Luthor Corp building, which is directly across the street from the Marine Building in Vancouver, actually a building for some department of the Government of Canada:

The Kent farm, somewhere in the countryside outside Vancouver:

The farm house was built in 1914, making it nearly one hundred years old:

The filming location is a real, working farm with horses and cows:

Hmmmmmmm. The doors are closed. I guess Clark and Chloe are getting busy up in the loft:

Cow:

The beautiful mountains of Kansas:

- - - - - - - - - -

I hope you've enjoyed the tour.

Comment

Those photos turned out really nice.

I would have tried to slyly carve something on the porch and then watched out for it in every episode.

What do you travel so much for? How come you only got it right on your tenth go?

E: Did you get hassled for being a terrist?
                          Last edited by The_Frag_Man; 10-06-2007, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Frag_Man
                            Those photos turned out really nice.

Thanks. I just bought this camera, a Canon SD800 IS. Previously I took pictures with a SD550.

I would have tried to slyly carve something on the porch and then watched out for it in every episode.

Like maybe "Fraggy."

A few times I've thought about knocking on the door, but it's a private residence and while the people who own the farm seem nice (they appear briefly on the season five DVD in a special feature), I just didn't want to bother them.

What do you travel so much for? How come you only got it right on your tenth go?
                            Work sends me all over Canada and I've been to Vancouver quite often this year for various jobs. The problem is I often don't have time to take pictures as I am either visiting friends or on my way somewhere. This time I scheduled lots of time and just relaxed.

And no, no terrorism hassling. We're pretty relaxed in Canada I think. Well, I hope.

A couple of trivia points. The road you see everyone drive up when they visit the farm (the one with the gate and "Kent Farm" sign) isn't a road at all -- it's a bridal path for horses. You couldn't get a car up there unless you removed the vehicle barriers, which is what I assume they do for filming. The main road is actually to the right of just about all the pictures.

You can also see the mailbox in one of the pictures that is featured in shots of the farm, but I doesn't appear to be their real mailbox.
                            Last edited by Nospam; 10-06-2007, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Those are nice! The Marine Building appears in soooo many movies, but the only one I can remember currently is Blade: Trinity.

Now... where's the picture of you? Hmm?

Comment

Originally posted by Routh
                                Those are nice! The Marine Building appears in soooo many movies, but the only one I can remember currently is Blade: Trinity.

It's not hard to see why. It's gorgeous. The pictures don't do the building justice, especially the interior. It's like stepping 70 years back in time.

Now... where's the picture of you? Hmm?
                                Cameras don't work in reverse, silly.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎