No announcement yet.

Lee Majors, Bionic Man bashes new BW series

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee Majors, Bionic Man bashes new BW series

Came across this article and thought it was interesting. Doesn't he watch new shows? Aren't they mostly "broody and violent" ?

Though I was more shocked that the Beckham's allow their 8 year old to watch this show. The s*x content alone made my mind up my almost 8 year old would not watch. Maybe I'm a prude .

I can't say I disagree, especially on it being too dark, it really is. To me it's just a dark, somewhat depressing, with overly serious drama that's not at all fun and I think the poor ratings are a reflection of that. It's done nothing to stand out from the other "ass kicking girl" shows that have come out in the last ten or so years and yet another show where the main character has to have a big secret that they keep from those they care about, I've had waaaaay too much of that just with Smallville.. I liked the Sarah Corvus character for the most part but that's pretty much it.

Comment

Bionic Woman too dark for an 8 year old? I saw Terminator at 8 and Robocop at 9... kids are desentitised far more these days!

And it's hardly sex...

Comment

Lindsey Wagner (the original BW) has said pretty much the same thing about the new show being dark and depressing. However, she also added that a lot of shows are like that, and just because the new BW didn't appeal to her didn't mean it wouldn't appeal to other people.

Although, given how many viewers the show lost from its premiere, I'm guessing a lot of people agreed with her.

Comment

Well, I think the problem is that this version of Jaime is always depressed... she never actually has fun. Being "Bionic" is just a constant bummer to her. I can see where Lee Majors is coming from.

It's like, I'm sure every little girl in the 70's wanted to be Lindsay Wagner's Jaime. Would anyone be jealous of Michelle Ryan's Jaime?

Comment

Originally posted by AngelaV
            http://ukpress.google.com/article/AL...UH8UEI2sF9V_pQ

Came across this article and thought it was interesting. Doesn't he watch new shows? Aren't they mostly "broody and violent" ?

Though I was more shocked that the Beckham's allow their 8 year old to watch this show. The s*x content alone made my mind up my almost 8 year old would not watch. Maybe I'm a prude .
            I only really liked the pilot and a couple of episodes of the new BW, even though I had high hopes for it. However, a member of the former cast of another "Bionic" show bashing the new BW is tacky and rude. He should really have some tact.

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
              I only really liked the pilot and a couple of episodes of the new BW, even though I had high hopes for it. However, a member of the former cast of another "Bionic" show bashing the new BW is tacky and rude. He should really have some tact.
              Hey, why lie. I actually appreciate when stars are honest, rather than giving me the whole, "Yeah, it's great!" thing, complete with phony smile.

I don't think he's obligated to sing the praises of the show if he doesn't care for it. If he wants to be honest, he has the right to be honest.

Comment

Yeah, it's kind of like when the Dukes of Hazzard movie came out... John Schneider showed up for the premiere and was supportive... it was only later that he let his feelings be known that it was crap.

Comment

Lee Majors can do no wrong in my eyes, he was my first hero.
                  I did not like the BW plots and my hero did not either, sounds like genius.
                  And yes my 12 year sold is named Steven after steve austin

Comment

And he's not the kind to kiss and tell, 'cause he's been seen with Farrah. He's never been with anything less than a nine, so fine.

Comment

Thank you Craig, any Lee majors reference, is gold.

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonSite
                        Yeah, it's kind of like when the Dukes of Hazzard movie came out... John Schneider showed up for the premiere and was supportive... it was only later that he let his feelings be known that it was crap.
                        I actually watched that movie without knowing anything about what I was getting into. I so wanted to rip my eyes out in the end!

Comment

If you think that movie was bad you should try watching the straight to video new dukes movies....those are garbage!

Comment

Originally posted by biggkoz
                            If you think that movie was bad you should try watching the straight to video new dukes movies....those are garbage!
                            They seriously made more?!?!?

Comment

Its on youtube. I watched it for about 3 minutes And I had enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎