Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lois last scene Irony or the Fact of her life???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abandoning the world in the off chance that Krypton might have survied, which had a big if, is something Superman wouldnt do.

Now the middle east was not destroyed and neither was africa so its safe to say Malcom x and Alex Haley´s pilgramages werent highly potencially pointless, nor would they take them 5 years.

Lets be honest here, the ONLY reason Superman left in SR, was as a Plot device/excuse to call the movie Superman Returns cause the franchise was gone for over 20 years (not counting SIII and SIV), there was no philosophy nor message in it, there was no profound analisis in the movie about him leaving, he just did so the movie title could have both a story and a meta sense to it.

I like you´r analisis but I think Id have to skip it in this instance basically cause I do not atribute half the depth you used, to Brian Singer, he rehashed plotpoint to plotpoint Superman one, I sincerily doubt he thought of Malcom X or some historical pilgramage back to the origin land, he was looking for an excuse to name the movie Superman Returns and so he made him go away, btw after being involved in a relationship with Lois Lane (at the very least a sexual one) and didnt even bother to say goodbye, that my friend is something Superman would never do
    Last edited by Kal-ed; 02-12-2008, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dor el
      I have to wonder if the Lois and Clark scene is what convinced Clark that maybe he should give Clana another chance. I got the impressions that he was ready to part ways with her, but then Lois let him know how difficult it is for a girl to love a hero type guy who leads a "two sided left" like Clark must live. Not only did her little speech summarize her feelings regarding her and Ollie, but also Clark and Lana. Shortly after that Lois/Clark encounter, Clark was all "I'm not perfect either" and "let's not give up just yet, but no promises mind you..." And of course, her speech captured much of what her future holds with Clark. The more I thought about that scene the more significance it held.
      I got the exact same impression, especially when Clark said "...not everyone can handle the double side of life I live" . I think he got scared that if he let Lana go he wouldn't be able to find someone who can deal with his secret. Lois kinda spooked the guy I think!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EricaIsGr8t
        I got the exact same impression, especially when Clark said "...not everyone can handle the double side of life I live" . I think he got scared that if he let Lana go he wouldn't be able to find someone who can deal with his secret. Lois kinda spooked the guy I think!!!
        But like Jade pointed out, Clark has ALWAYS been spooked back to Clana. *wry smile* Whether it was Khyla dying, Alicia dying, his family leaving him, Lex turning her evil, he's always been scared into giving Clana another shot. Destiny? maybe. I'm not trying to annoy Clana fans. There are all kinds of ways at looking at it but from someone not-so-enamoured with the angsty pair, fear of being left behind describes not only Lana and Lois but also Clark Kent. Not so surprising when you realize that most humans share it.

I still got annoyedat that line you quoted though. I was like Clark, don't you dare insinuate that Lois is not up to something Lana is re: loving Superman. It's quite the opposite, I assure you! Oh well, more irony, I know...

Comment

Originally posted by kryptonaidxh
          good point., it´s the same when Lois told she never would be a journalist, and here we have her in the Daily Planet in her road to become the star famous reporter("journalism? kill me first")
          Also we have Clark too, saying that he won´t follow Jor-el´s master plan to take his training and leave the farm and SV ´cause he´s still stucked in his stupid fairy tale., and anyway we know how the story ends: he finally will follow Jor-el´s plans and he will become Superman.
          my point?: nobody can escape from the destiny, and so Clark and Lois, the destiny or future has plans for them together and no matter how many times they deny it, the´re destinied to end in love and be soulmates.
          We also have to remember how in "Crimson" (LOVED the Clois in that eppi!!! Sorry, back to what I was saying!!!) Anyways, like in "Crimson", after Jimmy gets the reverse potion to break Lois from the spell, the lady (can't remember her name) said that she usually has a sixth sense and said that Lois and Clark's destines are more intertwined than they know!!! Plus, now that the writers strike is over, meaning that we get 5-6 more episodes, maybe we can actually see those feelings Clark has for Lois, and maybe FINALLY the Clana will end for good!!! We'll just have to wait and see!!!

Comment

Irony. Its a very common Lois Lane fear that has been discussed in EVERY SINGLE INCARNATION OF LOIS LANE!!! She will grow up and will be able to handle it once Superman comes along.

Comment

I think it's more than just irony. This is Lois and Clark early in life, and they both have a lot of growing up to do before they become the adults that we all know.

I think the important thing in that scene was that Lois was actually thinking about what it would mean to be in a relationship with a superhero. She showed tremendous insight. The fact that she already understands how difficult it will be to be with someone with a dual identity suggests that someday, when she has matured, she will be able to accept it and live with it. Contrast Lois's situation with Lana's. Lana repeatedly said that it wouldn't matter to her if Clark was meteor-infected, and she is now finding out that it matters a great deal. It seems to me that Lana will ultimately realize that she can't live with Clark's dual identity; Lois will realize that she can.

The other intersting thing about that scene was that Lois and Clark seemed so comfortable sharing their private thoughts. It showed how much their relationship has grown. You got the feeling that someday, Clark will be able to share his secret with Lois, rather than waiting for her to discover it for herself.

Comment

Originally posted by dcmarriott
                I think it's more than just irony. This is Lois and Clark early in life, and they both have a lot of growing up to do before they become the adults that we all know.

I think the important thing in that scene was that Lois was actually thinking about what it would mean to be in a relationship with a superhero. She showed tremendous insight. The fact that she already understands how difficult it will be to be with someone with a dual identity suggests that someday, when she has matured, she will be able to accept it and live with it. Contrast Lois's situation with Lana's. Lana repeatedly said that it wouldn't matter to her if Clark was meteor-infected, and she is now finding out that it matters a great deal. It seems to me that Lana will ultimately realize that she can't live with Clark's dual identity; Lois will realize that she can.

The other intersting thing about that scene was that Lois and Clark seemed so comfortable sharing their private thoughts. It showed how much their relationship has grown. You got the feeling that someday, Clark will be able to share his secret with Lois, rather than waiting for her to discover it for herself.

I agree with you. Lois and Clark do share their own private thoughts together. Even if Lois may not completly underatand why Clark broods and the things he says (What I mean is that Clark tells Lois how he feels without giving away his secret). But Lois understands that there is a good reason for that, but she doesn't push the fact because she wouldn't want someone to do the same on her. Does that make sense anyone???

Comment

Originally posted by TaraLittle

I agree with you. Lois and Clark do share their own private thoughts together. Even if Lois may not completly underatand why Clark broods and the things he says (What I mean is that Clark tells Lois how he feels without giving away his secret). But Lois understands that there is a good reason for that, but she doesn't push the fact because she wouldn't want someone to do the same on her. Does that make sense anyone???
                  I like that scene right after she showed up where she started to try to get him to open up to her and he shut her down. So she walked to the other side of the room, opened her computer, and pretended like she was letting it go because she knew even then that he was gonna 'fess up. And he did! Of course, I'm not saying they knew each other half as well then as they do now, but I do think it was cute how she had him pegged right then.

Comment

Originally posted by TaraLittle
                    We also have to remember how in "Crimson" (LOVED the Clois in that eppi!!! Sorry, back to what I was saying!!!) Anyways, like in "Crimson", after Jimmy gets the reverse potion to break Lois from the spell, the lady (can't remember her name) said that she usually has a sixth sense and said that Lois and Clark's destines are more intertwined than they know!!! Plus, now that the writers strike is over, meaning that we get 5-6 more episodes, maybe we can actually see those feelings Clark has for Lois, and maybe FINALLY the Clana will end for good!!! We'll just have to wait and see!!!
                    great thing about the final 5 is there is going to be no Lana, so that means more Lois/Clark and Chloe/Clark time(i find scenes between those 2 and Clark always more entertaining(probably because it lacks the forced drama Clana has), although i prefer Lois a lil bit more.

Comment

This scene was totally irony, and it was very well acted by Erica Durance in my opinion.

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎